British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Hans Andersen !!!!- you didn`t say it was 10 years ago :D

Well, you have got Kolodziej and KK:party:and he's still well capable of beating either of them

I'll leave it with the facts

In the last 20 years for Polish Speedway:

3 World Cup wins outside of Poland

2 World Champions

As for the future... Who knows? I'll agree that a lot of the Poles are showing great promise but who knows which way they'll go. Who a few years ago would have said that Leon Madsen or Jason Doyle would turn out to be the riders they are today.

:t:

Edited by iainb

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The Poles are better the the Danes at 7/8 teams at any track IMO.The Russians are Speedway of Nation Champs but they certainly are not Clearly better than the Rest.GB and Poles are up there with them.

Eastbourne? Cardiff? Vojens? Lonigo? Prague?

Just finished watching Grudziądz visit to my favourite Polish track.  Laguta was superb with only Madsen able to "keep him honest", I may watch heat 15 again as my eyes were on Lindgren & Pedersen.  Unfortunately the rest of the visitors were not at their best so it was a comfortable home win for the Lions despite Doyle looking slow, more encouragingly for Częstochowa Przedpełski looked much improved and they may have a unearthed a gem at reserve in Świdnicki, who I don't think I had heard of before.  Heat 14 was the highlight, Buczkowski leading after a lap but fourth half a lap later and then stuffed by Pedersen.  Heat 6 also good.

Edit - having watched heat 15 again maybe it was the cameraman more than myself who was watching Lindgren & Pedersen, Madsen had reeled Laguta in by the end of lap 4 but not sure if Laguta was easing off.

Edited by Col

15 minutes ago, Col said:

Just finished watching Grudziądz visit to my favourite Polish track.  Laguta was superb with only Madsen able to "keep him honest", I may watch heat 15 again as my eyes were on Lindgren & Pedersen.  Unfortunately the rest of the visitors were not at their best so it was a comfortable home win for the Lions despite Doyle looking slow, more encouragingly for Częstochowa Przedpełski looked much improved and they may have a unearthed a gem at reserve in Świdnicki, who I don't think I had heard of before.  Heat 14 was the highlight, Buczkowski leading after a lap but fourth half a lap later and then stuffed by Pedersen.  Heat 6 also good.

Edit - having watched heat 15 again maybe it was the cameraman more than myself who was watching Lindgren & Pedersen, Madsen had reeled Laguta in by the end of lap 4 but not sure if Laguta was easing off.

Mateusz Swidnicki rode div 2 in 2019 for Krosno  https://www.zuzelend.com/zaw,777,mateusz-swidnicki

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Mateusz Swidnicki rode div 2 in 2019 for Krosno  https://www.zuzelend.com/zaw,777,mateusz-swidnicki

Well he certainly looked much improved on whoever partnered Miskowiak at reserve for Częstochowa last year.

You have to remember that the two meetings that stick in my head from Chestochowa are the two I attended when Wroclaw & Lezsno ran out comfortable winners.

21 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

This weekend it`s 3 live and 1 delay( at present) and the same every round( at present) Someone needs to tell them that the 2nd Sunday match( N Sport`s decision) is 99.99% always the match of the round.

Friday June 19th Grudziadz v Rybnik programme starts 4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and  Free Sports(5pm)

Friday June 19th Leszno v Wroclaw programme starts 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1(7.30pm)

Sunday June 21st Lublin v Gorzow programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and premier Sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday June 21st Zielona Gora v Czestochowa programme starts 5.45pm 1st race 6.15pm N Sport and premier Sport  1( delayed ?) 12.45am Monday ??

Friday June 26th  Leszno v Lublin programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesports(5pm)

Friday June 26th Zielona Gora v Grudziadz programme starts 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 2 (7.30pm)

Sunday June 28th Rybnik v Gorzow programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday June 28th Czestochowa v Wroclaw  programme starts 5.45pm 1st race 6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport( delayed )  ???

Friday July 3rd lublin v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesport( 5pm)

Friday July 3rd Gorzow v Czestochowa programme start time 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm Eleven sport 1 and Premier sport 1 ( 7.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Wroclaw v Zielona Gora programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N sport and Premier sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Grudziadz v Leszno programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N sport and Premier sport (delayed ) ???

Edited by racers and royals

Polish Speedway is going to struggle to get the Sunday evening meeting live in the UK as this clashes with NASCAR and Serie A football on Premier sports both of which are their two biggest audiences 

They could put it onto Freesport but it will depend on how much subscribers they have gained by adding Speedway to their portfolio 

8 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Polish Speedway is going to struggle to get the Sunday evening meeting live in the UK as this clashes with NASCAR and Serie A football on Premier sports both of which are their two biggest audiences 

They could put it onto Freesport but it will depend on how much subscribers they have gained by adding Speedway to their portfolio 

Do you know why it changed from your previous posts regarding " clean feeds" to where we are now ?

Freesports have live Danish football on this Sunday evening-  They could carry on with Speedway on 2 with the 2nd match but it`s a good chance it wouldn`t be finished by 8pm !!!( 6.15pm to 8pm gives it a fair chance however)

Edited by racers and royals

Racers and Royals- This is the issue that Sky sports had they required to have a clean feed out of Poland so just pictures and graphics with no audio and when they cut to interview the clean feed to go to a beauty shot so comms can do their bit to fill the time and can go to adverts if required. Not sure how Premier are getting the pictures but to me the picture quality is not good and is actually worse than some of internet channels so it’s not the host material and I checked on Monday at work on Sky there was plenty of bandwidth available on Satellite for Premier sports. 

I do wonder if they are taking a standard at home Polish satellite channel and then just rebroadcast it as I cannot see any uplink feeds coming out of the stadiums other than one channel for the Polish broadcast 

I am not sure how good N Sport and Eleven are with letting Premier sports know the running order and timings as Dave Goddard does not seem to know when they are going into interviews so cannot prepare what he is going to do and say easily. The production does seem a little better on the N sport matches to me though and if I was Premier I would be making sure that they get a guarantee on a min amount of interviews in English from the non Polish riders and maybe even get the interviewer to do a little section mid meeting and at end about what’s being said in the pits and rider reaction it would add more engagement with UK fans.