British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Mark said:

This happened with Premier in previous years.  Why the shock in 2020.   Mickey Mouse outfit who mess you about.

I spend some time on polish forums and pretty much everyone complained that the match at ZG was postponed, most people saying that the  riders did not want to get dirty riding in those conditions acting like prima donnas.

The Tuesday match is not going to be broadcast I am afraid as there is no room to fit it into the schedule.  I will advise as soon as I am told what is happening tomorrow.

And as I have said on Twitter, I do not control what is shown on our channels, I am just the commentator, so kindly do not direct complaints and abuse at me when things change or are not as scheduled.  I can only commentate on what is there and communicate what information I am given.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

The Tuesday match is not going to be broadcast I am afraid as there is no room to fit it into the schedule.  I will advise as soon as I am told what is happening tomorrow.

And as I have said on Twitter, I do not control what is shown on our channels, I am just the commentator, so kindly do not direct complaints and abuse at me when things change or are not as scheduled.  I can only commentate on what is there and communicate what information I am given.

Well said Dave, however you are the " Speedway voice " of the channel- the buck stops with you :D

52 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Complaints and abuse on Twitter, surely not :D:blink::rolleyes:

You really do have to wonder about some people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Most of the others that i don`t quote are the ones not liked by the anti virus.

Ah right gotcha. I'll keep a keen eye on your posts for forthcoming fixtures 

Is Zmarzlik still testing? Looks slow. :D

3 hours ago, pawel115 said:

I spend some time on polish forums and pretty much everyone complained that the match at ZG was postponed, most people saying that the  riders did not want to get dirty riding in those conditions acting like prima donnas.

Have we crossed wires.    I was talking about Premier Sports TV not ZG.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Have we crossed wires.    I was talking about Premier Sports TV not ZG.

Might have it's Sun and I am enjoying some alcoholic beverage.

• Like 1

In the battle to meet Rybnik in the relegation playoffs, Stal Gorzów Wielkopolski made a great leap towards that goal with an utterly abject performance against the only other realistic candidates, Motor Lublin.  I watched up to heat 8 live until I was dragged away on fathers day duties, then watched the rest on YouTube later. Karczmarz is the only Gorzow rider who comes out with any real credit today (even he'd given up trying by the end), Thomsen battled early but that was about it.  Then heat where Kasprzak & Wozniak gated on 1-5 but eventually conceded a 5-1 summed it up,. Wozniak has been awful both Gorzow meetings so far.  All the Goats chipped in with handy points & battled but you know a meeting when Jaroslaw Hampel is top performer is never going to be a classic.

Edited by Col

Unusually  tonight the matches are on different Polish TV channels, so different links. I wonder if the 1st match runs over time will they hold the start of the 2nd match ?

Monday June 22nd Zielona Gora v Czestochowa programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5 pm N Sport 

http://spedway.ucoz.lv/

http://www.maniak.tv/mk7

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-1.html

Racecard  https://wetransfer.com/downloads/7ed4bab84aed648bae8c5846d2c1a3fc20200620080148/e9c541   page 19

Monday June 22nd Leszno v Wroclaw   programme starts 6.45pm 1st race  7pm Eleven Sport 2 and  Freesports ( 7pm )

http://www.maniak.tv/mk2

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-3.html

http://totalsport.me/sportspecial.html

https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-18.php

Racecard  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:57020fcd-6f8d-46d6-9625-f3e124a8e2bf    pages 24 and 25

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

So they weren`t going to put it on at 10.45pm instead of a repeat of the lublin match- ridiculous !!!!!

Who is their programme controller Mr Michael Mouse?

15 hours ago, Mark said:

This happened with Premier in previous years.  Why the shock in 2020.   Mickey Mouse outfit who mess you about.

From what I've seen of Premier Sport so far I can't see myself subscribing again next year (assuming there is live Speedway to attend), missing the first heat of a match, total confusion over the scheduling, EPG not being updated, insufficient commentary "team" and that's after just one week.

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I have a bit of sympathy with him there to be fair, I’m no fan of riders slowing down in front of others personally but each to their own. 

Enjoyable meeting with several good races. Looking forward to a non one sided meeting at some point though! 

There seemed to be hell of a lot of "left turning" in yesterday's meeting also

13 hours ago, pawel115 said:

From the UK coverage it looked like young Lampart refused a TV interview after he'd tried to put young Karczmarz into the fence. I remember it being reported back in the day that riders in the British League used to refuse TV interviews and that was one of the reasons why British Speedway was absent from the TV screens from the mid 80's until 2000. It looks like a new breed of prima donna maybe being brought up in Poland... they should not bite the hand that feeds them as unlikely as it seems at the moment, the TV coverage may not always be there.

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Complaints and abuse on Twitter, surely not :D:blink::rolleyes:

You really do have to wonder about some people. 

Abuse on Twitter (or any other forum) is absolutely out of order... but Dave Goddard did say in a previous tweet that "EVERY" Friday and Sunday match would be shown live, he also says "I do not control what is shown on our channels", while I accept he has no control over scheduling and he was told that every Friday and Sunday match would be shown live, he does use the phrase "our channels" indicating he is a Premier Sports employee and therefore I do feel complaints (not abuse) are valid so he can refer them back to the "powers that be"... just in the same way I would complain to any company employee if I thought I wasn't getting the service I was promised for them to feed back.

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Who is their programme controller Mr Michael Mouse?

From what I've seen of Premier Sport so far I can't see myself subscribing again next year, missing the first heat of a match, total confusion over the scheduling, EPG not being updated, insufficient commentary "team" and that's after just one week.

There seemed to be hell of a lot of "left turning" in yesterday's meeting also

From the UK coverage it looked like young Lampart refused a TV interview after he'd tried to put young Karczmarz into the fence. I remember it being reported back in the day that riders in the British League used to refuse TV interviews and that was one of the reasons why British Speedway was absent from the TV screens from the mid 80's until 2000. It looks like a new breed of prima donnas maybe being brought up in Poland... they should not bite the hand that feeds them as unlikely as it seems at the moment, the TV coverage may not always be there.

Abuse on Twitter (or any other forum) is absolutely out of order... but Dave Goddard did say in a previous tweet that "EVERY" Friday and Sunday match would be shown live, he also says "I do not control what is shown on our channels", while I accept he has no control over scheduling and he was told that every Friday and Sunday match would be shown live, he does use the phrase "our channels" indicating he is a Premier Sports employee and therefore I do feel complaints (not abuse) are valid so he can refer them back to the "powers that be"... just in the same way I would complain to any company employee if I thought I was getting the service I was promised.

Lampart did give an interview on Polish TV- don`t know at what stage of the match.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Lampart did give an interview on Polish TV- don`t know at what stage of the match.

fair enough... like I said it "looked like" he refused after heat 2