British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, Najjer said:

What has happened to Pawlicki? He used to be really entertaining and super quick but he looks a shadow of his former self.

That was his brother :rofl:

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

Very and Rybnik really need him firing, seen as they don’t fancy Batchelor one little bit it seems!

If they don't fancy him now... wait until it rains :rofl:

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Is it just me, or do there seem to be far more accidents on the straights in Poland than in UK?

I'm new to the Polish league but from what I've seen so far "left turns" seem to be accepted common practice in Poland :nono:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

That was his brother :rofl:

If they don't fancy him now... wait until it rains :rofl:

I'm new to the Polish league but from what I've seen so far "left turns" seem to be accepted common practice in Poland :nono:

Shamek is a former GP rider too. He just seems well down on power and majorly low on confidence to when I remember him a few years ago. Getting replaced in his last two rides last night won't of helped that either!

For what it's worth, I love the ruthless forceful nature of Polish speedway. Every race feels like it means something, you rarely see anybody bottle out of a move over there so the odd crash and spill is to be expected as there is not an inch given.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

Shamek is a former GP rider too. He just seems well down on power and majorly low on confidence to when I remember him a few years ago. Getting replaced in his last two rides last night won't of helped that either!

For what it's worth, I love the ruthless forceful nature of Polish speedway. Every race feels like it means something, you rarely see anybody bottle out of a move over there so the odd crash and spill is to be expected as there is not an inch given.

Agree , been watching a bit and its ruthless. 

Pedersen, despite his age and recent injuries , still goes for it 100 percent . The day he stops doing that will be the day he retires. Hes still got plenty to give in my opinion. 

For those people subscribing to Premier sports the following is how i see rounds 4 and 5 which are the  weekends of 3rd/5th July and 10th/12th July.unfortunately Premier have taken a punt on when these matches will take place and not  realising  that  the timings are decided by the Extraleague weekly( 2/3  weeks before the fixtures).Therefore there are errors on their schedules. It also appears that the Premier schedule changes more often than myself changing my  socks !!!

Round 4

Friday July 3rd lublin v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport ????- Delayed

Friday July 3rd Gorzow v Czestochowa programme start time 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm Eleven sport 1 and Premier sport 1 ( 7.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Wroclaw v Zielona Gora programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N sport and Premier sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Grudziadz v Leszno programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N sport and Premier sport (delayed ) ???

Round 5

Friday July 10th Rybnik v Leszno programme start time  4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesports(5pm)

Friday July 10th Wroclaw v Grudziadz programme start time  7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1(7.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Czestochowa v Lublin  programme start time 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2(3.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Zielona Gora v Gorzow programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport ( delayed ) ???

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Bad day.  Just watching heats 10-15.

Rybnik's #6 needs to grow some, made a great gate in heat 10 and just backed off entering the first corner.

#7 no better, made the gate in heat 12 but may aswell have invited the home riders through.

Great ride heat 13 from Buckzkoski.

Heat 14, was decent.

First running of heat 15 was interesting, Rybnick emereged from bend 2 on a 1-5, Lebedevs basically spent the next 3 laps blocking Lambert who did his best to keep pedersen from passing them both.  Laguta had drifted off.  Just before they enter the last lap Lambert gives it his all around the outside to overcome Lebedevs, which he does but as he starts to make the first bend turn for the final time Lebedevs hits him from behind, yet Lambert excluded? Different.

Second running wasn't worth watching, hope Lebedevs is well. Laguta maximum, bit of a joke really.

6 hours ago, Col said:

Bad day.  Just watching heats 10-15.

Rybnik's #6 needs to grow some, made a great gate in heat 10 and just backed off entering the first corner.

#7 no better, made the gate in heat 12 but may aswell have invited the home riders through.

Great ride heat 13 from Buckzkoski.

Heat 14, was decent.

First running of heat 15 was interesting, Rybnick emereged from bend 2 on a 1-5, Lebedevs basically spent the next 3 laps blocking Lambert who did his best to keep pedersen from passing them both.  Laguta had drifted off.  Just before they enter the last lap Lambert gives it his all around the outside to overcome Lebedevs, which he does but as he starts to make the first bend turn for the final time Lebedevs hits him from behind, yet Lambert excluded? Different.

Second running wasn't worth watching, hope Lebedevs is well. Laguta maximum, bit of a joke really.

Blimey Col you certainly see things differently from some. The Rybnik no 7 Kamil Nowacki was making his debut for the club after being loaned from Gorzow that morning.- obviously can`t get in his parent clubs team and i thought did really well. As for lambert correct decision, he might have been frustrated but turned left way to soon and Lebedevs had no where to go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Blimey Col you certainly see things differently from some. The Rybnik no 7 Kamil Nowacki was making his debut for the club after being loaned from Gorzow that morning.- obviously can`t get in his parent clubs team and i thought did really well. As for lambert correct decision, he might have been frustrated but turned left way to soon and Lebedevs had no where to go.

Thought the match was pretty much 'standard fayre' for the Poiish Speedway I've watched the past three years..

And suitably represented why it is so good to watch..

Several heats late on were pretty much 'dead rubbers' from a match score perspective yet produced some of the fiercest, most committed racing you will see anywhere..

Lambert, I think, just got it wrong rather than anything 'naughty', and turned into the corner too early...

He had though just gone through three laps of having Lebedevs all shapes underneath him so probably decided to take ownership of the inside himself when he got presented with the opportunity by his outside run.

Rather than having another lap worrying about three riders rather than two!!

It really is 'proper, hard racing' and you can see why riders who do it weekly can either go on to the top of the tree, or fail, get replaced and drift away to become one of the large pack of 'average riders'..

The reserves in particular have to learn very quickly, and it really is a huge opportunity for them given the rewards on offer if they come through their 'apprenticeship'. 

They also know that another rider currently behind them in the pecking order would love to take their position, and this shows massively in their racing, where very few allow themselves to be passed without a struggle...

It truly can be a 'once in a lifetime' chance for many of them.

As Polands dominance of the 'proper' SWC shows, growing up with all that intensity, hard (ruthless?) riding, 100% commitment needed and pressure on your place, in EVERY race, EVERY match, must help them massively when they reach World level racing..

Let's hope we can get a few more British lads to sample it and develop upwards to the highest level..

• Like 4

Team line-ups being announced for Sunday`s matches

Czestochowa v Wroclaw

9 Madsen

10 Holta

11 Lindgren

12 Przedpelski

13 Doyle

14 Swidnicki

15 Miskowiak

Wroclaw 

1 Drabik

2 Fricke

3 Janowski

4 Bewley

5 Woffinden

6 Chugunov

7 Liska

Rybnik v Gorzow

Rybnik

9  Milik

10  Szczepaniak

11  Lebedevs

12  Logachev

13  Woryna

14  Tudziej

15  Nowacki

Gorzow

1 Kasprzak

2 Wozniak

3 Thomsen

4 NKI

5 Zmarzlik

6 Karczmarz

7 Jasinski

Interesting that Wroclaw are sticking by Dan Bewley - Do they have others available in their squad to replace him if needs be?

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Interesting that Wroclaw are sticking by Dan Bewley - Do they have others available in their squad to replace him if needs be?

Possibly only young Poles available due to the 14 quarantine on imported riders so sticking with him. 

Edited by Fromafar

31 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No but there is a transfer window that`s about to open where they might want to do something

June 29 - July 3

Might be a good time to repeat the Polish guest rule for this season( covid)

Google translation of Extraleague " guest " usage

To take part in the 'guest' competition in PGE Ekstraliga, the player must be a DM I League or DM II League player (including loan) and have the club's permission to participate in DMP competitions as a 'guest'.

An extraliga club player loaned to a club participating in the first or second league competitions or an extraliga player who made a final transfer to the club from the lower leagues in the 2020 season cannot participate in PGE Ekstraliga matches as a "guest".

Up to two "guests" in a PGE Ekstraliga match can appear under the starting number 1-5 or 9-13 according to the detailed rules of RPK:

one without additional conditions
one only in cases where the conditions set out in the DMP Regulations are met, i.e. only if at least one player out of five with the highest individual average (SI) in the composition of the club's staff current on the day of the competition is found positive for the presence of the COVID coronovirus -19.
Rules regarding "guest" from RPK:

Points scored by a player participating in the match as a "guest" count towards the match score
throughout the entire season, a player can represent the colors of only one extraliga club as a "guest"
if in a given season a player represented as a "guest" the colors of a given club, he may change club colors on the basis of borrowing to a club of a league other than the given club or only to that club in the given play class he represented as a "guest"
"Guest" is counted to the required by number of players in the team's composition
the extraliga club may contract any number of guests in the 2020 season to the club's staff

Tomorrow`s 2 matches have been postponed 24 hours to Saturday June 27th

Leszno v Rybnik starts at 5pm UK time

Zielona Gora v Grudziadz starts at 7.30pm UK time

both matches are live on Eleven Sports 1

Not having much luck with Friday matches - that'll be one out of six now that has gone ahead on a Friday as planned.