British Speedway Forum

On 6/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, racers and royals said:

We move on to round 3

Saturday June 27th  Leszno v Lublin programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport ??????

Saturday  June 27th Zielona Gora v Grudziadz programme starts 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport  ??????

Sunday June 28th Rybnik v Gorzow programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday June 28th Czestochowa v Wroclaw  programme starts 5.45pm 1st race 6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2 ( delayed )  1am Monday (29th)

Updated for clarification

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It would be interesting if a subscriber to Premier Sports could contact them on support@premiersports.com    and ask them if they are going to show live the 2 Polish matches postponed tomorrow, on Saturday( 5pm and 7.30pm)

I have emailed them - will keep you updated on whether I get a reply.

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

As Polands dominance of the 'proper' SWC shows, growing up with all that intensity, hard (ruthless?) riding, 100% commitment needed and pressure on your place, in EVERY race, EVERY match, must help them massively when they reach World level racing..

Let's hope we can get a few more British lads to sample it and develop upwards to the highest level..

Polands "dominance" of a competition that was last run over 2 years ago and they only consistently win on their own tracks? ;)

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Polands "dominance" of a competition that was last run over 2 years ago and they only consistently win on their own tracks? ;)

Surely you're not doubting who the dominant nation in world speedway are?????

58 minutes ago, iainb said:

8 times winners from 2005 to 2017...

Five times in Poland.. 

Three time outside of Poland...

Part of the FIM's reasoning for changing the format was because they feared much more of the same...

And in Drabik, Kubera and Smektala the conveyer belt of talent to replace any of the current top riders would suggest Poland will have, at least, five genuine world class riders for a good few years to come..

3 hours ago, iainb said:

The Poles have certainly done something to upset you.:rolleyes:.They had to changes to World Team Cup just to stop them winning it.:D

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, Shockster said:

Surely you're not doubting who the dominant nation in world speedway are?????

No I'm not, on the face of it they do have a good crop of riders, Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski... the rest aren't what I would call "World Class". I was brought up on Speedway in the 80's when the Danes truly were dominant. Erik Gundersen, Hans Nielsen, Jan O Pedersen and Tommy Knudsen all genuine contenders for world titles and 3 of them managed to achieve it. They would win the individual, pairs and team world events... true domination.

You look at the Polish league and most of the big hitters are foreigners. I just think we can get carried away sometimes declaring everybody to be future world champions when often times riders come from seemingly nowhere. I'll admit they do seem to produce quantity... not always quality.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

8 times winners from 2005 to 2017...

Five times in Poland.. 

Three time outside of Poland...

Part of the FIM's reasoning for changing the format was because they feared much more of the same...

And in Drabik, Kubera and Smektala the conveyer belt of talent to replace any of the current top riders would suggest Poland will have, at least, five genuine world class riders for a good few years to come..

For every Drabik, Kubera and Smektala, I'll give you a Dawid Kujawa, Karol Zabik and Robert Miskowiak. A good junior doesn't always lead to being world class... or anywhere near it

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The Poles have certainly done something to upset you.:rolleyes:.They had to changes to World Team Cup just to stop them winning it.:D

All they had to do was stop holding it in Poland with them being seeded through to the final :lol:

GB have really only produced Lambert in the last 10years,and judging by your ratings of riders he is not World Class yet

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

GB have really only produced Lambert in the last 10years,and judging by your ratings of riders he is not World Class yet

I'm not suggesting that GB have done any better, clearly they haven't. Robert Lambert is nowhere near world class yet in my opinion... that's not to say that this season he won't make the breakthrough to become world class... just like Leon Madsen and Jason Doyle (to name 2) did a few years back. So far he's had 2 matches, 1 excellent and 1 average.

All I'm saying is that a lot of these young Poles are (may be) overrated by some people at this stage of their careers, we just don't know yet. Again I say 2 world champions in 20 years... compared to 12 WU21 titles in the same period... surely they must be wondering where it goes wrong for their riders when they join the big boys?

Edited by iainb

I think your judging  of Poland by World Champions is a bit harsh as only 1 rider per year can win .World Class riders is a better  judgment and they have had a few in recent years when comparing with other Nations.It is only the GP qualifying which possibly stops more Poles be in the Gp.

Edited by Fromafar

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think your judging  of Poland by World Champions is a bit harsh as only 1 rider per year can win .World Class riders is a better  judgment and they have had a few in recent years when comparing with other Nations.It is only the GP qualifying which possibly stops more Poles be in the Gp.

I suppose it depends on what your definition of world class is... For me I'd say somebody who genuinely was in with a shout of becoming world champion. So I'd say Gollob, Hampel, Dudek & Zmarzlik... I know KK finished 2nd one year but could you honestly see him being world champ?

19 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It would be interesting if a subscriber to Premier Sports could contact them on support@premiersports.com    and ask them if they are going to show live the 2 Polish matches postponed tomorrow, on Saturday( 5pm and 7.30pm)

I have had a reply:

Hi Aron, thanks for your email

As per the information we have, Leszno v Lublin was scheduled on Premier Sports 2 channel at 21:30 pmand Zielona Gora v Grudziadz is scheduled on the same channel at 19:30 pm

Which is bizarre because that doesn’t seem to add up to the listings for either Friday or Saturday. Currently on PS2 on Saturday night Is live nascar.

i will emailed back again to try and get some clarity on this one...

• Haha 1