British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

And 12 last places for Wroclaw will bring defeat pretty much any day.

And while we're on the subject of stats (I didn't start it). 7 wins from gate 1 and zero from gate 3. Can nothing be done to remove such a diaparity, even during a meeting. Men with rakes?

Have a look at re run of meeting and how many were actually from gate 1 that led at and after 1st  bend.There was a lot of passing by race winners.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Have a look at re run of meeting and how many were actually from gate 1 that led at and after 1st  bend.There was a lot of passing by race winners.

Fair comment. But that doesn't change the fact that gate 3 was a bit of a graveyard.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Great meeting tonight. Is Leon the best speedway rider in the world at the moment? I think so.

Agreed he has been so good so far this season.

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Question is how is he cheating, engines, fuel and bikes are checked, especially at GP level, whatever he has is not visible to the eye, it can only be some sort of ignition system but it’s well hidden whatever he has, his general speed  can be put down to good engines and his size and weight but it’s the fact that mid race he seems to find an extra gear no matter which part of the track he rides and that’s the bit that raises suspicion  

He can certainly generated from any part of the track.Hard to believe he can get away with illegal parts without being found out.Good to watch though great skills and bike handling in tight situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Strange scorechart for Wroclaw- 3 non scorers and 7 bonus points in the match and all to Czestochowa riders.

Basically the same last week when Fricke and Bewley failed to score. Pretty sure the reserve did last week too. They’ve got a Chris Holder sized hole for sure in their team.

Finished Leszno v Lublin, racing not better towards the end certainly.  Heat 15 being the pick I think, great effort in vain by Michelsen.

Częstochowa vs Wrocław next :) This is the one I've been looking forward to and fortunately have managed to avoid seeing the result on Social Media.

That might be the most accomplished & closest lap 1 of heat 2 I think I've witnessed in Ekstraliga.

Lindgren looking slow, hope Bewley gets more than 2 heats, visits to Leszno & Częstochowa are a baptism of fire.  Predpelski looks much more confident than he did in this fixture last year. Poor first ride from Woffinden.

Fabulous ride from Drabik in heat 6 after making a mess of the start, Miskowiak keeping Fricke at bay also impressive.  Another poor ride from Woffinden in heat 7, good team riding from the Madsen but not really sure it was required.  Upto heat 8, will have to watch the rest later.

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

One thing you notice is that they don’t allow riders to line up at an angle in the gate positions which stops a lot of 1st bend bunching.Payed to watch poor matches over here.!

That’s a good point, they certainly don’t mess about or ignore the start Marshall.

Luckily the ones I pay for are mostly at Peterborough, they are better than most I have to say.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

That’s a good point, they certainly don’t mess about or ignore the start Marshall.

Luckily the ones I pay for are mostly at Peterborough, they are better than most I have to say.

And to think that everyone who didn`t used to watch the Polish league were moaning about the starts( including Nige and Kelv !!) when the GP`s had a Polish ref or were in Poland, it`s how they do it and long may it continue.

• Like 3

Send James Sargeant over to Poland for intense training :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Madsen is in total control of situations these days,he can ride the inside like no one else,his bikes are set perfect. look like 600cc though:P

Well if you believe the inner speedway circle, the man is a cheat.

14 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Question is how is he cheating, engines, fuel and bikes are checked, especially at GP level, whatever he has is not visible to the eye, it can only be some sort of ignition system but it’s well hidden whatever he has, his general speed  can be put down to good engines and his size and weight but it’s the fact that mid race he seems to find an extra gear no matter which part of the track he rides and that’s the bit that raises suspicion  

He generates power from nowhere. That is what has always raised my eye brow.

There is a circle at the top end of the sport, and quite a large one, who have long believed he is cheating. Now obviously that doesn’t prove anything but it’s enough to create some suspicion.

3 minutes ago, acef said:

He generates power from nowhere. That is what has always raised my eye brow.

There is a circle at the top end of the sport, and quite a large one, who have long believed he is cheating. Now obviously that doesn’t prove anything but it’s enough to create some suspicion.

The best in all sports create jealousy for there talent.   Without proof its all hot air.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Your lucky Peterborough does normally produce great racing.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

The best in all sports create jealousy for there talent.   Without proof its all hot air.

I can see both sides of the argument. Guess it depends which side you want to sit on.

For me, if something looks suspicious, then it probably is. To me, he looks significantly quicker. Too quick to be quite honest. Now that is certainly not jealousy from my end, I’m just a man say watching him on the TV, thinking ‘he’s unnaturally quick’

• Like 2