British Speedway Forum

Thanks. No speedway there tonight, looking at that weather.

Edited by Col

7 minutes ago, acef said:

I think he will get a few more meetings yet. The expectation today, even from the Poles, would have been zero. 

If he doesn’t improve in the next meeting then his 3rd could well be do or die. And when I say improve, I think 3/4 points will buy him time.

Would like to see him do well ,but you can’t give these guys a start,and you can’t give an inch on the 1st lap.Very hard racing for 4 laps ,look at Chugunov he is right in among them.Dan needs the same attitude.He has had some nasty injuries though and that might play on his mind.

Edited by Fromafar

For those on the same IPTV as me, premier sports is working fine. This is usually a paid service so it’s not the end of the world. 

I have emailed the bloke to have a look at his polish part because quite a few are defunct. N sport isn’t working and that is the 2nd channel for the speedway.

8 minutes ago, Col said:

Częstochowa will get 52.  What stream is it on?

Lol they normally do looking @ there results last year 

5 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Lol they normally do looking @ there results last year 

Actually it might be closer than that, not sure what the reserves are like.  But Częstochowa top 3 should out score Grudziądz top 3, but Holta & Przedpełski are going to struggle where as there isn't really a weak link in the visitors top 5.  This is if they line-up as I think they do, haven't checked.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would like to see him do well ,but you can’t give these guys a start,and you can’t give an inch on the 1st lap.Very hard racing for 4 laps ,look at Chugunov he is right in among them.Dan needs the same attitude.He has had some nasty injuries though and that might play on his mind.

He was as timid pre the crash. When I listen to him, I think he is past those injuries now. He will fall out if he doesn’t grow a pair, to put it politely.

It is what it is. For whatever reason, we just can’t get one of our own to do anything out there consistently outside of Tai. It’s been this way for about 15 years. Rico (RIP) was the last one who had any type of consistency.

15 minutes ago, Col said:

Thanks. No speedway there tonight, looking at that weather.

Looks like they will give it a go

11 minutes ago, acef said:

He was as timid pre the crash. When I listen to him, I think he is past those injuries now. He will fall out if he doesn’t grow a pair, to put it politely.

It is what it is. For whatever reason, we just can’t get one of our own to do anything out there consistently outside of Tai. It’s been this way for about 15 years. Rico (RIP) was the last one who had any type of consistency.

He does remind me a bit of Craig Cook when riders of the highest level come underneath him entering a turn or when riders are outside of him, but slightly ahead of him entering a bend. .

They both seem to 'blink first', and let their opponents dictate proceedings..

Maybe it's a lack of confidence in themselves at that level?

Woffy showed with Jamrog how to ride hard under a rider at speed, leaving Jamrog to either leave his leg there (and take impact) or move it..

A calculated risk of disqualification but these are the risks top level competitors take to be winners..

And as Speedway shows quite brutally at times, you have to be 100% committed to any manoeuvre as you often won't get another chance in a race..

Edited by mikebv

26 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

I had that earlier but luckily premier sports is on my IPTV service

Sportsmania has all Sports channels except NSport.  Been a member for years. Virtually every sports channel you can think of and catchup as well.  Can’t fault it. 

2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I've got Ice Hockey on my Premier Sports.........

Speedway delayed as they are working on the track due to rain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Me too 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JC71 said:

It's definitely starting as it's on Eleven Sports 1 (Poland) and they have just done the toss for gates..

The track looks a 'bit sloppy' to say the least..:o

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1