British Speedway Forum

59 minutes ago, Shockster said:

I agree but he hadn't when I posted it. 

Jack was in it the whole meeting. Gorzow have pulled a blinder getting him in, but it’s a shame the rest of the team aren’t on it.

Iversen didn't do badly. He'll be ok as he gets match fit. Wozniak & Thomsen are the main concerns at the moment and unless they hit some form, Gorzow will struggle. 

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

The Czestochowa fans regard him as a legend, they call him 'Grisha'.

Grisha is a standard diminutive for Gregori. Every Russian called Gregori is also called Grisha. 

In the same way, every Alexander in Russia is also called Sasha. 

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

Thought Doyle has been a bit ropey most of the season against the big guns,today he was terrible.

Well the SGP facebook has posted spoilers for both Sunday matches before I've watched them. ********.  Lublin winning in Częstochowa is a surprise, only up to heat 5 when I guess is where it all started to go wrong for the Lions.  Where is Miskowiak?  Still impressed with what I've seen from Swidnicki.

Did watch the end of Rybnik v Leszno, thankfully the last few heats were decent.  Lambert can catch Sayfutdinov but not Kołodziej, very odd.

1 minute ago, Col said:

Well the SGP facebook has posted spoilers for both Sunday matches before I've watched them. ********.  Lublin winning in Częstochowa is a surprise, only up to heat 5 when I guess is where it all started to go wrong for the Lions.  Where is Miskowiak?  Still impressed with what I've seen from Swidnicki.

Did watch the end of Rybnik v Leszno, thankfully the last few heats were decent.  Lambert can catch Sayfutdinov but not Kołodziej, very odd.

It’s not really odd IMO,maybe Kolodzeij changed his setup and got it right,or Lambert changed his and got it wrong, when you look at the heat times they are all very similar.

When I saw the heat times, heat 1 was quickest then heat 2 won by a visiting reserve.

Another good Swidnicki effort to hold off Zagar for 3.5 laps!

Heat 9.  Doyle not quick enough and stuffs Predpelski momentum, is he looking for a team spot at Grudziądz?

I don't think you can really lay any blame on Doyle for heat 14, Lindgren had checked out in front, Doyle was doing great at holding off both visitors until he lifted which allowed them both past, he still made up ground on them.  He hadn't looked quick all night until that point.  Madsen was not having a good night, no Miskowiak and Holta was awful.  Just think Czestchowa suffered at the hands complacency going into the meeting.  Zagar had a point to prove to his former club, Michelsen & Laguta always look hungry & Hampel can mix it when he makes the gate (or if the opponents don't).  Still think Czestchowa are Leszno's only title rivals, Lublin may sneak into the playoffs at the expense of FZG & Grudziądz, if they can win all their home matches (except Leszno).

Edited by Col

16 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Laguta used to ride at Czestochowa.

The Czestochowa fans regard him as a legend, they call him 'Grisha'.

literally everyone in Poland call him Grisha, which is simply a short form of Grigorij

An interesting article that I've only just come across, which was posted before the weekend:

Swindon team manager Alun Rossiter is worried Troy Batchelor’s confidence could be hit by being left out in the cold by Polish side Rybnik.

The PGE Ekstraliga newcomers have won just one of their opening meetings against basement club Gorzow and are one of the favourites for relegation.

Despite the team misfiring, Batchelor has made just one appearance so far this season – taking just one ride at Grudziadz on June 23, finishing at the back, before being dropped for the rest of the meeting.

Having seen Batchelor finish second in the SGB Premiership averages and form a title-winning partnership with Jason Doyle at Swindon last season, Rossiter is baffled that Rybnik won’t turn to the former FIM Speedway Grand Prix star.

The club is set to operate rider replacement for the injured Andzejs Lebedevs at home to Leszno this evening rather than draft in Batchelor.

The former GB boss understands Batchelor is defeating team mates in practice races, so he’s stunned he isn’t being selected to compete in the PGE Ekstraliga.

He said: “He’s in Poland and having a hard time. He is beating people in practice races and saying ‘what do I need to do? Win it by a straight?’ I don’t know what’s going on there.

“He has paid for 17 tyres to go out in practice and do the sparring heats. They put the tapes down and he wins the races. But he’s still not in the team. They gave him one ride, dropped him and didn’t pick him again.

“For me as a Swindon manager, I’m worried I am going to get a rider back who isn’t riding and could be a bit scarred from it all.

“I just don’t understand their mentality. There are a lot of good clubs, but obviously there are some very strange clubs that have a different mentality of how they go about things.

“He has been absolutely fantastic. For the last two years he has been absolutely on the money for me.

“This is not Troy talking. This is me talking as his manager at Swindon. I am absolutely baffled how they can treat him like this.”

• Like 1

poor Batchelor, they probably don't even allow him to participate in training sessions where he could prove he's a better rider than Logachev or Milik :( 

LOL

8 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Next Sunday's match between Stal Gorzow and Sparta Wroclaw has been postponed. The electrical fire at the stadium has left major damage and will not be repaired in time. The Holders would also be missing due to Torun racing that day so they would be unable to guest.

Source:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/890429/zuzel-w-niedziele-meczu-stal-sparta-nie-bedzie-rozgrywka-z-pradem-i-holderami-w-

Whilst that may turn out to be true- i think until the Extraleague make a decision we have to treat it as a " maybe ".

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Whilst that may turn out to be true- i think until the Extraleague make a decision we have to treat it as a " maybe ".

Apologies. Story deleted. 

Easier not to bother. Don't want to get in the way of your excellent work. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery