British Speedway Forum

Great race...

You can only marvel at the level of ability needed to race at that standard, making split second decisions almost every corner...

You would think there would be hardly anything riding on it given the score too, shows how intense (and important) it is over there..

Polish Speedway...B)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Am I right in saying you can use as many tactical subs as you want, but only one per rider?

I don't think you can replace a reserve with a TS though as managers never seem to do it.

Heat 14.  Pedersen never lets us down.     Brave racing from all 4 riders.

• Like 2

Superb by Laguta tonight. I can't imagine many visitors go through the card at this place.

• Like 1

HOW good a rider has Laguta become. Was in Vojens when he won the GP Challenge to get into the SGP for the first time, where he really struggled. Wasn't easy to interview either. Not surprisingly, spoke no English at all. What a difference now. And a really nice guy too. 

It was a shame Pedersen had the worse gate in Heat 15.     Gate 4 was terrible all meeting.    Hardly any passing but its the first meeting with rusty riders.

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Great race...

You can only marvel at the level of ability needed to race at that standard, making split second decisions almost every corner...

You would think there would be hardly anything riding on it given the score too, shows how intense (and important) it is over there..

Polish Speedway...B)

You can’t afford to be seen to give up in a race over there,you won’t get your next ride!
You can see why the Brits find it tough.The young Russian was giving Doyle a hard time.!

• Like 1

You certainly can’t anticipate a start these days ,refs seem to want the riders in even line over the 1st 10 metres,or he calls it back ,sometimes without aWarning!!! Doesn’t seem right.IMO

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that again. I thought it would of been abit closer than the score line ended up but Pedersen wasn’t quite on it and Pawlicki and Buckowzski (however you spell it) were both very poor - what has happened to those two? Or just a poor day at the office?

Laguta absolute mustard aswell, shame he had no back up.

Looking forward to Friday already, especially with a crowd of sorts in. Starting to become hooked on Polish Speedway even after just round 1! Heat 14 out of the top drawer!

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You can’t afford to be seen to give up in a race over there,you won’t get your next ride!
You can see why the Brits find it tough.The young Russian was giving Doyle a hard time.!

It's the level of intensity that stands out..

Over here, have a bad night in the Premiership and no need to worry as tomorrow you can ride for your other team in the Championship as a DU...

Have another bad night and no need to worry as you can ride again for your Premiership team again later the same week (as no threats are out there to your team place)..

And have another bad night and you can once again drop down to your other team, (once more with no threat to your place in that team)...

Still once more have another bad night and no need to worry as you can pick up a guest booking before the week is out...

Riding in Poland, where every race counts towards your career progression, must focus the mind and raise the levels of the riders accordingly...

'"Want to earn the big money? Then show me you deserve to" is the mantra..

Because if you don't,  you can 100% guarantee someone else will step in and do it..

No comfort zones in Polish Speedway, and that applies to lads of all ages..

37 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's the level of intensity that stands out..

Over here, have a bad night in the Premiership and no need to worry as tomorrow you can ride for your other team in the Championship as a DU...

Have another bad night and no need to worry as you can ride again for your Premiership team again later the same week (as no threats are out there to your team place)..

And have another bad night and you can once again drop down to your other team, (once more with no threat to your place in that team)...

Still once more have another bad night and no need to worry as you can pick up a guest booking before the week is out...

Riding in Poland, where every race counts towards your career progression, must focus the mind and raise the levels of the riders accordingly...

'"Want to earn the big money? Then show me you deserve to" is the mantra..

Because if you don't,  you can 100% guarantee someone else will step in and do it..

No comfort zones in Polish Speedway, and that applies to lads of all ages..

Agree 100%,most of British Speedway nowadays  is just journeymen  riders trying to earn as much as they can .I only hope the crop a young riders coming through don’t end up the same.You have to take your hat of to Lambert he has ambition to succeed.It is very hard to see a pathway for the Young Brits given the state of the the sport here though.