British Speedway Forum

The speedway was meant to go out at 1am but the live NASCAR race that was on before it over ran because of - YOU GUESSED IT - a sodding rain delay.  I think motorsport promoters are just going to give up completely soon.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

So the speedway must have been broadcast at 2.00am - 3.30am.

[Not directed at Dave Goddard....]

Premier Sports aren't doing themselves any favours are they? I have become a regular fan of Polish speedway for the first time (along with many from the discussions on here). This is likely to continue (this year, next year) when British speedway resumes, for me at least. So there is a window of oportunity for any TV sports provider to capture a new fan base (albeit a niche one). Premier Sports have a first class commentator who seems to command a good deal of respect. They could easily become the go to place for at least some of the speedway on air. But to change the schedule on a delayed transmission in the middle of the night is not the way to do it. :sad:

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

And to think that everyone who didn`t used to watch the Polish league were moaning about the starts( including Nige and Kelv !!) when the GP`s had a Polish ref or were in Poland, it`s how they do it and long may it continue.

Trouble is the UK don’t, I have no idea of the other leagues in Sweden and Denmark.

If everyone got excluded for any movement before the tapes going up it would stop it everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Some riders are better than the others.   We should accept it.         

I think bikes are checked every GP.    As Madsen was 2nd last season does this make Bartosz a bigger cheat than Madsen as he was quicker.  

If the bikes are checked every GP that is not every meeting .  My understanding is that only the bike on which the rider completes his last ride goes into the parke ferme, but he still has two others. Theoretically the top three finishers are liable to be “checked “ by which I mean stripped down, but I think ( and I stand to be corrected if it is otherwise)  that it rarely happens . Think about it a rider spends an arm and a leg on tuners getting it right them some F.I.M bloke strips it down and leaves it for the tuner to put all back together at great expense. 

Some riders are better than others, some have enormous talent, far above the rest. That’s what makes it so difficult to pin point anything. I am not pointing the finger at Madsen or Bartosz or anyone else. I am only going by what I have heard from riders. Two ex GP riders have told me that you wouldn’t be competitive in Poland if you didn’t have “something done “ to the engines . I didn’t ask them to enlarge on what “something done “ meant.

All we do know is that odd ones here and there have been caught cheating so it does happen at least occasionally.  Anything beyond that is speculation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Goddard said:

The speedway was meant to go out at 1am but the live NASCAR race that was on before it over ran because of - YOU GUESSED IT - a sodding rain delay.  I think motorsport promoters are just going to give up completely soon.

This is a genuine question, is nascar a big thing over here ? I know it’s everything in parts of USA but over here ? I don’t know anyone who follows it, does it get more viewers on premier than speedway ??

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

If the bikes are checked every GP that is not every meeting .  My understanding is that only the bike on which the rider completes his last ride goes into the parke ferme, but he still has two others. Theoretically the top three finishers are liable to be “checked “ by which I mean stripped down, but I think ( and I stand to be corrected if it is otherwise)  that it rarely happens . Think about it a rider spends an arm and a leg on tuners getting it right them some F.I.M bloke strips it down and leaves it for the tuner to put all back together at great expense. 

Some riders are better than others, some have enormous talent, far above the rest. That’s what makes it so difficult to pin point anything. I am not pointing the finger at Madsen or Bartosz or anyone else. I am only going by what I have heard from riders. Two ex GP riders have told me that you wouldn’t be competitive in Poland if you didn’t have “something done “ to the engines . I didn’t ask them to enlarge on what “something done “ meant.

All we do know is that odd ones here and there have been caught cheating so it does happen at least occasionally.  Anything beyond that is speculation. 

Have heard similar. One or two things come to mind, is does the sport want to find the 'tricks'. And do other riders want to report their fellow riders ? I can't say about the first, but it does seem the latter that riders are all too willing to share their doubts, but very few want to put their money where their mouth is and go official with it. Much like in any job, nobody wants to run the risk... 

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

This is a genuine question, is nascar a big thing over here ? I know it’s everything in parts of USA but over here ? I don’t know anyone who follows it, does it get more viewers on premier than speedway ??

Don’t know the answer to your question, but doubt Premier will have many subscribers for watching speedway given the number of ways you can watch it  streaming live nowadays.

Wroclaw have today announced the " guest rider"  signing of Torun rider  Chris Holder. I think they were unable to use him yesterday because the 1st Extraleague transfer window didn`t open until today.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know the answer to your question, but doubt Premier will have many subscribers for watching speedway given the number of ways you can watch it  streaming live nowadays.

But nascar fans would also stream  it too 

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

But nascar fans would also stream  it too 

They will have viewing figures ,maybe Speedway is just a filler.Really don’t know the in’s and out’s how these stations gets their revenue from advertising.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

10years ago! He wasn’t the only one in these days with silencers.

And from what I saw yesterday Drabik and Janowski had as much straight line speed as Madsen.

There does appear to be a 'Karlsson corridor' at Czestowocha, coming out of the second turn and he seems to use it better than anyone..

Down, it seems to me, to the way he can ride the whole bend tighter than other riders, at a speed similar to his opponents who are using the wider arc nearer the fence...

He then manages to get his wheels in line without locking up, and scrubbing speed off, even on such a tight line..

And he does this at most tracks..

He isn't going faster (sideways) than his opponents I would suggest, but he is just taking the shortest route, and gets the rewards exiting the bends,  which at World level racing pace takes some doing..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

100% Agree.he seems to get his wheels in line even riding a tighter line,great skill.

59 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And from what I saw yesterday Drabik and Janowski had as much straight line speed as Madsen.

There does appear to be a 'Karlsson corridor' at Czestowocha, coming out of the second turn and he seems to use it better than anyone..

Down, it seems to me, to the way he can ride the whole bend tighter than other riders, at a speed similar to his opponents who are using the wider arc nearer the fence...

He then manages to get his wheels in line without locking up, and scrubbing speed off, even on such a tight line..

And he does this at most tracks..

He isn't going faster (sideways) than his opponentsI I would suggest, but he is just taking the shortest route, and gets the rewards exiting the bends,  which at World level racing pace takes some doing..

100%agree,he seems to get his wheels in line even riding a tighter line,great skill.

• Like 1