Chugunov    -    Russian
Janowski    -    World Class
Liszka        -    Reserve
Curzytek    -    ?
Hampel        -    Journeyman
Jamrog        -    Journeyman
Lampart        -    Shows Promise
Bober        -    ?

While the Polish league is without doubt the strongest league in the world there's an awful lot of dead Polish wood and unproven talent. I wonder how they manage to implement the " have to have four Poles per team" rule and still comply with European Law? That's probably been done to death somewhere else on these forums anyway

Pawlicki, KK, Kolodzei, Hampel, and Protasiewicz have all been good enough to qualify for the GP's, with several winning GP's so shows just how strong the Polish system is to bring this many through to the top table. .

GB would have loved to have had that level of rider (who may be 'club and journey men' now) over the years..

As would every other country in the world..

And of those five (as well as a few other 'club and journey men' listed) some would still be very worthy, and some at least challenging, for a top 3 place in many of the Premiership teams over here..

With Musielak to add to that from Div 2 and Miesiac too, who has become a genuine heat leader in Polands top league in the past two years..

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Pawlicki, KK, Kolodzei, Hampel, and Protasiewicz have all been good enough to qualify for the GP's, with several winning GP's so shows just how strong the Polish system is to bring this many through to the top table. .

GB would have loved to have had that level of rider (who may be 'club and journey men' now) over the years..

As would every other country in the world..

And of those five (as well as a few other 'club and journey men' listed) some would still be very worthy, and some at least challenging, for a top 3 place in many of the Premiership teams over here..

With Musielak to add to that from Div 2 and Miesiac too, who has become a genuine heat leader in Polands top league in the past two years..

I'd say only Hampel and KK have been genuinely world class out of that lot so far

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, one of em was a Ruski, couldn't remember which.

My general point is that the Polski's are not the all conquering nation producing world class riders off of a never ending production line that we are sometimes led to believe. The majority of the "Stars" in the Ekstraliga are foreigners

To be fair,  you could say that about most Sport's that have a "best league in the world" moniker attached to them, as it attracts, by definition, all the best overseas competitors..

The IPL in Cricket has many 'foreign superstars', The RFU Premiership has many 'foreign superstars' and the Premier League in Football has many of the teams where 'foreign superstars' outshine their domestic counterparts. .

Considering it's 4/7ths Poland v 3/7ths The Rest of The World in a lot of the teams (we'll ignore Norway and Russian Poles:D), they don't do too bad..

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair,  you could say that about most Sport's that have a "best league in the world" moniker attached to them, as it attracts, by definition, all the best overseas competitors..

The IPL in Cricket has many 'foreign superstars', The RFU Premiership has many 'foreign superstars' and the Premier League in Football has many of the teams where 'foreign superstars' outshine their domestic counterparts. .

Considering it's 4/7ths Poland v 3/7ths The Rest of The World in a lot of the teams (we'll ignore Norway and Russian Poles:D), they don't do too bad..

True... I just don't buy that the quality of rider the Polish system produces is anything special. Undoubtedly they've nailed the way to run a successful league. I just think they produce quantity rather than quality when it comes to riders. Just my opinion

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, one of em was a Ruski, couldn't remember which.

My general point is that the Polski's are not the all conquering nation producing world class riders off of a never ending production line that we are sometimes led to believe. The majority of the "Stars" in the Ekstraliga are foreigners

Fair enough, but the Stats show different over the last few seasons if you go by results.If the Gp qualifiers didn’t have limits on Nations entries I think it would show how many are better than the young riders from some of the other Nations than You think IMO .Ekstraliga is very strong and the majority of the Young Poles are on the Pace.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fair enough, but the Stats show different over the last few seasons if you go by results.If the Gp qualifiers didn’t have limits on Nations entries I think it would show how many are better than the young riders from some of the other Nations than You think IMO .Ekstraliga is very strong and the majority of the Young Poles are on the Pace.

Yes, they're on the pace on their own tracks. I suppose it depends on what format you compare... Clearly the Russians have the best 2/3 man team, the poles probably the best 4/5 man team and I'd say the Danes would have the best 7/8 man team... All of the above on a neutral track of course

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, they're on the pace on their own tracks. I suppose it depends on what format you compare... Clearly the Russians have the best 2/3 man team, the poles probably the best 4/5 man team and I'd say the Danes would have the best 7/8 man team... All of the above on a neutral track of course

The Poles are better the the Danes at 7/8 teams at any track IMO.The Russians are Speedway of Nation Champs but they certainly are not Clearly better than the Rest.GB and Poles are up there with them.

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

I would match

Zmarzlik, Janowski, Dudek, Drabik, Piotr Pawlicki, Kolodziej and Smektala and Kasprzak/Przedpelski against

Madsen, MJJ,Pedersen, Thomsen, NKI, Bjerre, Michelsen and Lyager   any day :)

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The Russians are Speedway of Nation Champs but they certainly are not Clearly better than the Rest.GB and Poles are up there with them.

They just keep winning it

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would match

Zmarzlik, Janowski, Dudek, Drabik, Piotr Pawlicki, Kolodziej and Smektala and Kasprzak/Przedpelski against

There's a lot of hot or miss merchants in that polish team

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

They just keep winning it

There's a lot of hot or miss merchants in that polish team

Less than the " hot or miss " Danes in their team. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would match

Agree ,that’s no contest IMO.

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree ,that’s no contest IMO.

Poland streets ahead .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Najjer said:

Batchelor declared in Rybnik’s team then.... interesting!

All very quiet,he was obviously “not fit” last week and undergoing intensive training for this week.:rolleyes:;)

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I would match

Madsen, N Pedersen, NKI, Kildermand, K Bjerre, Michelsen, Hans Andersen, Thomsen, MJJ