British Speedway Forum

Excellent meeting,no quarter given some great racing.Any rider can be last in these meetings given the standard of riders and effort.IMO

Very difficult to Team ride in these situations at times.

8 minutes ago, Rapidroscoe said:

well maybe if the local governments in this country put money into the sport it would be more successful and attract better riders, which would help the local economy and promote the sport. 

Maybe. But it is a different system altogether. First most clubs don’t have their own stadiums and clubs on the continent are run differently . In Poland I think a lot are sporting clubs with different sports under one umbrella just like in Germany . Bayern Munich and Barcelona aren’t only football clubs. And I think some of the Polish speedway clubs are the same and get local government support. 

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

We move on to round 5 next Friday/ Sunday

Friday July 10th Rybnik v Leszno programme start time  4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesports(5pm)

Friday July 10th Wroclaw v Grudziadz programme start time  7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1(7.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Czestochowa v Lublin  programme start time 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2(3.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Zielona Gora v Gorzow programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport  1 ( delayed ) 12.45am Monday 13th

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, severnsider said:

Isn’t it the case the teams get quite a lot of their budgets from the local councils though seems some reports of a few cutting back on the contributions 

Counciils do support their local teams but its TV where the money comes in big..

The TV companies have to put in tenders over there to win the rights to show the sport..

Similar to the way the TV companies do over here to win the football contracts...

Some very big money is offered, such is the armchair audience potential for the meetings they show..

And with the big audience comes the advertising revenue that fills the TV companies coffers..

The TV companies even run 'magazine' type programmes on the sport on Sunday evenings, during the week, and in the lead up to the weekends action, such is the demand for the sport...

Add in a  major national company to sponsor the league, and you see how it's a world away from the UK's version of the same sport..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rapidroscoe said:

well maybe if the local governments in this country put money into the sport it would be more successful and attract better riders, which would help the local economy and promote the sport. 

They would never be able to afford that, our council tax goes on much more important things than professional sport, I can hardly believe Poland's councils can justify chucking money at such a rich sport in their country!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

One problem with british speedway is they assume that every Brit is earning big money or even average wage money and that isn’t the case and certainly not the case with your average speedway fan, but anyway the world not just Britain is going to have to tighten their belts in the coming years as we fall into a very deep recession and speedway must be proactive in its approach and that goes for both sides of the safety fence 

They assume every Brit is earning big money???? Nah .....

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Maybe. But it is a different system altogether. First most clubs don’t have their own stadiums and clubs on the continent are run differently . In Poland I think a lot are sporting clubs with different sports under one umbrella just like in Germany . Bayern Munich and Barcelona aren’t only football clubs. And I think some of the Polish speedway clubs are the same and get local government support. 

Correct !

42 minutes ago, Trees said:

They would never be able to afford that, our council tax goes on much more important things than professional sport, I can hardly believe Poland's councils can justify chucking money at such a rich sport in their country!!!

You state that speedway in Poland is rich...can you justify what you are saying?

Why is it rich? What makes it rich ?

1 hour ago, Falubaz said:

That PolskiZuzel guys is actually clueless about Polish speedway. He migrated to the UK after money so on't attend any Polish speedway at all coz it is impossible to have that much holiday days to use from work. He knows as much as anyone watching ekstraliga streams and using wikipedia.

Speak for yourself...

I was born, raised and been living in Bydgoszcz (not the UK) , supporting my local team "Polonia" since the time of Mieczyslaw "Mike" Polukard, hence my avatar.

• Like 2

Personally I thought Buzz turned back to ride a narrow back straight and caused the clash with Smektala who was minding his own business on the inside but can see why the Lezno man was excluded. 

Why was Pedersen being a plonker towards Smektala after heat 15? 

• Like 2

Watching Gorzow v Częstochowa

Predpelski is really looking the real deal this year after two two outings, Woźniak far from it.  Częstochowa reserves could cost them this meeting.  Not much going on entertainment wise, all done by bend three lap 1.

Great ride by Zmarzlik heat 7, Madsen seems to have no pace.

Predpelski again excellent, was obvious once Lindgren switched to the outside he'd overcome Thomsen.

Brave back straight lap one from Częstochowa pair in heat 9, Zmarzlik very reckless on home straight.

Madsen has woken up in heat 10, Wozniak & Miskowiak still haven't.  I gather thats the lot due to an electrical fault.  Video has seconds to go and heard it mentioned in the SEC commentary last night.  Result stands or rematch?  I sure it's been mentioned previously on this thread but I don't want spoilers for today's meetings.

Grudziądz VS Leszno now.

Tremendously brave first corner from Sayfutdinov, not sure I'd hold my nerve on the outside of Pedersen for that long but it allowed Bjerre & Smektala to nip through then blocked by his Leszno team mate on bends 3/4 meant it costthe Russian big time.

Tremendous battle between the Pawlicki brothers in heat 3 & Laguta joined in after overcoming Kołodziej.

Good first corner from Buczkowski in heat 4, didn't make the gate but it didn't matter, Lidsey not showing his home form.

Much better from Lidsey in heat 5 under early pressure from two former GP riders who both missed the gate and then got in each others way.  Grudziądz team manager must be pulling his hair out.

Good ride by Pi Pawlicki heat 7 to split home pair.

Laguta looking slow, Leszno pair tremendous again, until EF.  I predict that is the first and last time a home reserve will finish in front of a visitor.

Bjerre too conservative, invited Kubera past, again Grudziądz manager must be frustrated (or useless).

That was almost like watching a Red Arrows as Pr Pawlick & Pedersen swapped 2nd & 3rd, neither allowing the other to give chase to Sayfutdinov.  Pedersen would never have passed the Sayfutdinov, Pr Pawlicki may have retired from gating with the others but does at least look quick enough.

Good ride by Pi Pawlicki to pass both home riders, haven't watched reply, yet, but it appears to me as if Buczkowski locked up exiting turn two & killed his speed then Leszno rider (Smektala, I think) clipped his front wheel as he passed him down the back straight.  Harsh but Leszno rider should be excluded.  On second viewing that is certainly how I saw it, Buczkowski was clever Smektala showed impatience.

Unfortunately I can't see Grudziądz winning from here.

Rookie mistake in the last corner of heat 14 from Kubera gives home team a sniff of a draw.  Should just have followed Bjerre, Pawlicki wouldn't have passed him on the outside.

Deserved win for Leszno, after their only real rivals Częstochowa had a blip on Friday, they showed why they are the Champions.  Grudziądz (reserves aside) have as much speedway talent as any other team, they just ride as individuals not as a team.

I'll watch Wroclaw v FZG in the morning.