British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I have had a reply:

Hi Aron, thanks for your email

As per the information we have, Leszno v Lublin was scheduled on Premier Sports 2 channel at 21:30 pmand Zielona Gora v Grudziadz is scheduled on the same channel at 19:30 pm

Which is bizarre because that doesn’t seem to add up to the listings for either Friday or Saturday. Currently on PS2 on Saturday night Is live nascar.

i will emailed back again to try and get some clarity on this one...

They still have the live speedway listed for tonight as originally scheduled( on their website)and still on SKY programme EPG with nothing for tomorrow- so no idea what they are on about !!!

Edited by racers and royals

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

I suppose it depends on what your definition of world class is... For me I'd say somebody who genuinely was in with a shout of becoming world champion. So I'd say Gollob, Hampel, Dudek & Zmarzlik... I know KK finished 2nd one year but could you honestly see him being world champ?

Add in Janowski for World Class Poles. IMO.Its the system I’m not a fan but KK was consistent and could have had as much chance say Lindgren , Iversen ,Laguta ,Zager as examples but they are all world class IMO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They still have the live speedway listed for tonight as originally scheduled( on their website)and still on SKY programme EPG with nothing for tomorrow- so no idea what they are on about !!!

They have now replied again saying they are still waiting for a change to the schedule, so as far as they are aware the meetings are still taking place today. It’s abit like they are trying to convince me I must have my information wrong but there we go :blink:

Keep your eyes peeled for that one changing still then....

Are there two live meetings on Saturday, Freesports listings are for 2:30pm and 6:30 pm.

Interesting that the planner now shows live speedway (although no mention of the teams) at 7:30 on free sports on Saturday - looks like they have taken note and now amending their schedule as we speak.

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Interesting that the planner now shows live speedway (although no mention of the teams) at 7:30 on free sports on Saturday - looks like they have taken note and now amending their schedule as we speak.

But they also have live on at 6.30pm- which will be about 4 heats of Leszno v Lublin !!!!

7.30pm is Zielona Gora v Grudziadz

Edited by racers and royals

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If they do a fancy bit of editing they will be able to show the 15 heats in the hour 6.30-7.30pm

That is exactly what we are going to try and do.

• Like 4

Zielona Gora and Grudziadz has the makings of a cracker I reckon. Zielona will be looking to bounce back after taking a spanking in their last match and I quite fancy Grudziadz as being a dark horse over the course of the season.

4 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

That is exactly what we are going to try and do.

Great news - you have to feel symphony for Premier Sports and cut them abit of slack as they’ve been dealt a bit of a headache in only 1 out of the so far scheduled 6 live matches taking place on Fridays since the season started. 

I know Sky sports used to use their own camera crews etc for filming the Elite League as it was then but that was one of their biggest pet hates when meetings were called off, causing them great expense and a headache with the scheduling on the tele. There isn’t many sports that are dictated to the weather quite like speedway is other than probably cricket.

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Great news - you have to feel symphony for Premier Sports and cut them abit of slack as they’ve been dealt a bit of a headache in only 1 out of the so far scheduled 6 live matches taking place on Fridays since the season started. 

I know Sky sports used to use their own camera crews etc for filming the Elite League as it was then but that was one of their biggest pet hates when meetings were called off, causing them great expense and a headache with the scheduling on the tele. There isn’t many sports that are dictated to the weather quite like speedway is other than probably cricket.

Symphony- is Dave Goddard a musician :D

No I am definitely not, and I am not singing during broadcast either! :P :D