British Speedway Forum

At least they don't need to do that daft covering of the mouth with their hands anymore when having a conversation with each other in front of the cameras...:D

This is where you really need a referee who has been a rider and can don some leathers and try the track for themselves and the make a decision. This is where speedway shoots itself in the foot. Make a decision and that is it. In English piss or get off the pot. No one is asking anyone to take on any greater risk than can be expected if you are a speedway rider but only in this sport can they fart about and not make an educated decision based on prevailing conditions and the chances of either an improvement or deterioration.

As soon as riders stand around they go into non race mode and don’t fancy it. Seen it so many times.  One or two can sway it for the majority.

• Like 5

If a track in the NDL looked like that the riders would relish such conditions and just get on with it like they always do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Polish speedway is an embarrassment.

The BSPA would have made an early decision.

But that would only have been done to stop the burger van turning up...

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As soon as riders stand around they go into non race mode and don’t fancy it. Seen it so many times.  One or two can sway it for the majority.

Yer one or two experienced/loud mouth riders decide no and the rest follow like sheep including the ref.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

If a track in the NDL looked like that the riders would relish such conditions and just get on with it like they always do

To be fair, I do understand the reason for the displeasure.

The track looked ok on first viewing but as I looked again you could see it was very, very grippy. Shamek was struggling a little and that was alone. Put 3 more riders in the mix and it becomes dangerous.  

Correct decision 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zlata prilba said:

Re stage on Mon at 7pm I believe

They'll never get a crowd on a Monday night. .;)

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, eric i said:

Yer one or two experienced/loud mouth riders decide no and the rest follow like sheep including the ref.

The experienced riders have been in the fence more than the younger ones.    I've never seen a fan break a leg sitting in the stand.

• Sad 1