British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Agree 100%,most of British Speedway nowadays  is just journeymen  riders trying to earn as much as they can .I only hope the crop a young riders coming through don’t end up the same.You have to take your hat of to Lambert he has ambition to succeed.It is very hard to see a pathway for the Young Brits given the state of the the sport here though.

And Dan Bewley too..

Some are saying it's 'too early' for him...

Absolute nonsense..

He is 21 and now needs to be challenging himself against the world's best if he is to make it to the top..

Which some seem to think he is capable of doing..

Poland will have ten 'Dan Bewleys' who will be miles in from of him when it comes to the experience of riding with, and against, top level riders..

He will actually be playing 'catch up' against other 21 year olds (and even younger) over there..

If he succeeds over there this season he will show he can develop to top level status,  if he doesn't it will show he isn't of that level and will no doubt be replaced by another rider of potential..

It's good to see though that Lambert and Bewley are giving it a go as riding against the same riders over and over again in the UK, beating them every week, wont improve them and will actually stagnate their progress..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

And Dan Bewley too..

Some are saying it's 'too early' for him...

Absolute nonsense..

He is 21 and now needs to be challenging himself against the world's best if he is to make it to the top..

Which some seem to think he is capable of doing..

Poland will have ten 'Dan Bewleys' who will be miles in from of him when it comes to the experience of riding with, and against, top level riders..

He will actually be playing 'catch up' against other 21 year olds (and even younger) over there..

If he succeeds over there this season he will show he can develop to top level status,  if he doesn't it will show he isn't of that level and will no doubt be replaced by another rider of potential..

It's good to see though that Lambert and Bewley are giving it a go as riding against the same riders over and over again in the UK, beating them every week, wont improve them and will actually stagnate their progress..

Bewley has to be admired too,I reckon he has his work cut out IMO.Hope it works well for him.At least the tracks will suit his style and speed.These young Poles are tough cookies .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Thanks for listening tonight everyone.  I will admit, my head was all over the place during Sunday's broadcasts and I struggled a lot, but tonight for me went 100% better.

Good job done, People who criticise just need to mute the sound.Its not rocket science to to work out what’s happening on track and results.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Thanks for listening tonight everyone.  I will admit, my head was all over the place during Sunday's broadcasts and I struggled a lot, but tonight for me went 100% better.

Flowed a lot better Dave, and you sounded far more confident and informed, which isnt surprising considering the 'deep end' that you were thrown in at the weekend...

Less long gaps between racing obviously helped too, there were certainly one or two unusually long ones at weekend that needed a considerable amount of 'dead air' filling, which can never be easy from someone else's feed I would think..

Good job fella, looking forward to next weekend. .:t:

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Good job done, People who criticise just need to mute the sound.Its not rocket science to to work out what’s happening on track and results.

Mute.    You have furloghed Dave.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 4

Much better meeting that one. Heat 14 was excellent. 

We move on to round 2 this weekend with fans now in the stadiums.- all UK times

Friday June 19th Grudziadz v Rybnik programme starts 4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and  Free Sports(5pm)

Friday June 19th Leszno v Wroclaw programme starts 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1( 7.30pm)

Sunday June 21st Lublin v Gorzow programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and premier Sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday June 21st Zielona Gora v Czestochowa programme starts 5.45pm 1st race 6.15pm N Sport and premier Sport  1( delayed ?) 12.45am Monday ?? **

** not sure what Premier are going to do with this match- if they can`t show it live at least they could swap this match to 10.45pm and the repeat of Lublin v Gorzow to 12.45 am !!!

Edited by racers and royals

13 hours ago, Zenit said:

If there is someone in this thread who is fluent in polish, I would really like of him to translate text on pictures (memes) regarding Zagar.
Link: https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/zdjecia/galeria/19436/zuzel-my-chcemy-nol-ale-sedzia-kaman-memy-po-meczach-1-kolejki-pge-ekstraligi

As far as i understand polish, he is being torolled very good. :D

It's the World Champ in the picture

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

Hang on a minute, let's not blow too much smoke up the Poles bottoms... The fact is they have still only produced 3 world champions (ever), have won most of the team cups on their own tracks. even these under 23 (or is it 21) world beating reserves that we see disappear when they get older... where are the reserves of a few years ago now?

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I don't think, most, including me, are criticising Dave... It's Premier Sports not providing him with a co-commentator to work with. I don't know that I've ever watched any live sport that has been presented with a single commentator... since the 70's

Edited by iainb

Round 4 TV details announced- all UK times

Friday July 3rd lublin v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesport( 5pm)

Friday July 3rd Gorzow v Czestochowa programme start time 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm Eleven sport 1 and Premier sport 1 ( 7.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Wroclaw v Zielona Gora programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N sport and Premier sport 2 (3.30pm)

Sunday July 5th Grudziadz v Leszno programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N sport and Premier sport (delayed ) ???

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It's the World Champ in the picture

Hang on a minute, let's not blow too much smoke up the Poles bottoms... The fact is they have still only produced 3 world champions (ever), have won most of the team cups on their own tracks. even these under 23 (or is it 21) world beating reserves that we see disappear when they get older... where are the reserves of a few years ago now?

I don't think, most, including me, are criticising Dave... It's Premier Sports not providing him with a co-commentator to work with. I don't know that I've ever watched any live sport that has been presented with a single commentator... since the 70's

How many World beating reserves have GB produced! Never mind them disappearing.Speedway in Poland is different as the trackS are generally big a fair bit of room and fast .Dont think you need the skills that were required to ride British tracks who have become  (in the most) outdated the advent of modern technology.We can’t fill the Stadiums which is problem if the sport is to survive and revive.

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How many World beating reserves have GB produced! Never mind them disappearing.Speedway in Poland is different as the trackS are generally big a fair bit of room and fast .Dont think you need the skills that were required to ride British tracks who have become  (in the most) outdated the advent of modern technology.We can’t fill the Stadiums which is problem if the sport is to survive and revive.

I remember Jason Gage beating Hans Nielsen once at Peterborough, he brought the house down... Doesn't mean they're going to go on to great things

• Confused 1