British Speedway Forum

According to my info Mateusz Panicz is only 16 and has never ridden an Ekstraliga match, so I very much doubt he will go straight in at #2/#10.

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

While they haven’t broken a rule,they don’t need holder other than to make them stronger not because of quarantine rules of which is why the rule is there, this is just typical of speedway, they are the Poole of poland 

3 out of the 8 teams have signed somebody currently. I expect that to probably rise too.

Just went to cancel my Premier Sports and they offered me £2.99 a month for  the next 3 months, which should see me through to the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

According to my info Mateusz Panicz is only 16 and has never ridden an Ekstraliga match, so I very much doubt he will go straight in at #2/#10.

It's fa\r from uncommon for Polish sides to do his, then at the last minute put in the real rider. It's all part of the Polish mind games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

Just went to cancel my Premier Sports and they offered me £2.99 a month for  the next 3 months, which should see me through to the end of the season. 

Thanks for the info just done the same

• Like 1

Nice article on the Extraleague website from a journalist`s experience of the current norm for attending matches- Google translation.

Nobody predicted that for the next match in Wroclaw, with the audience, after the first final meeting, there would be 295 days to wait. After such a break, a visit to the Olympic Stadium was coveted and unique, a bit like coming home after a long journey. As is often the case after a long absence, but now mainly due to the specificity of the situation, we have faced major changes.

We all know the circumstances we are currently facing. Going to the first match this season with the audience in the stands in Wroclaw, I felt a bit like "Alice on the other side of the mirror". In this case, it can be understood either as a TV screen or just (slightly) a different reality. At first glance, almost everything was supposed to be different than it used to be. From the process and method of granting accreditation, to their receipt, principles of media work and organization of competitions. Before the meeting, you had to familiarize yourself with the logistic information received from the club. Slight uncertainty mixed with excitement, comparable to that felt during the first matches in life. After arriving at the place, despite the almost hour to the start of the meeting, at the Olympic Stadium you could meet a large group of slag fans dressed mainly in yellow and red colors. However, instead of a quick visit to the machine park and "photorelation" to social media, you could at most take photos of those loyal fans heading towards the stadium gates open for them.

Ticket offices have been turned into a badge collection point and media service. It was possible to collect the coveted accreditation there (with more than usual, crossed out zones accessible to the media / photo) and the entry band - they will become a souvenir and symbol of these specific times.

Before entering the MEDIA and PHOTO zones, mandatory hand disinfection and you could confidently continue your journey. It was at the same time a good opportunity to explore new nooks of the Olympic Stadium, in a way getting to know it from a new, interesting side, as the transition to a separate zone was moved to a completely different place. Apart from the initial uncertainty as to the correctness of the chosen direction, by using the "end of language for the guide" principle, we managed to reach the desired goal in the form of the MEDIA sector.

Wild animals also seemed somewhat surprised by the return of people to the stadium. The foxes wandering around the "U" sector became an unexpected guest. Frightened, he hid nearby, under one of the watering cans, later he was also seen on the safety belt. It is possible that the hosts have acquired a new mascot or fan.

Although it has long been in "our sector" so much space and you could feel almost like a VIP, also due to distributed bottles of water and "spreads" of the match, but it was impossible to resist the impression that it is not the same. In our ambassador duo we have always tried to "ride on steam". One took strategic places, the other took care of drinks. Comfort in the form of a larger personal space does not compensate for the lack of support or the possibility of match analyzes with "colleagues".

Together with the other representatives of the media, together, so that it was much easier to "endure" in the masks worn throughout the meeting. However, compared to competitors who must comply with even more restrictions in the machine park, this is no "sacrifice."

As for the course of the meeting were well-known, unchanging points of the program, such as track test. The leaders of the hosts were the first to enter, who could greet their audience at least in this way. Captain Maciej Janowski and Tai Woffinden were warmly welcomed by everyone. Guests were also enthusiastically received by Piotr Protasiewicz and Antonio Lindbaeck. All four of them repaid for a beautiful fight on the track during the whole match.

There was no presentation, but only in the old edition. A virtual screen was displayed on the big screen, with the announcement of Jacek Dreczka. The starting numbers and the individual hiding below them were shown, waving to us from the screen. BETARD Sparty Wrocław players. There was an ovation, like the old one. So that they hear that they are no longer alone, and the whole meeting will go with us - the fans. Then the guest team was presented in a similar way.

Thus, despite arriving early at the stadium, the hour of waiting passed extremely quickly and pleasantly. Looking around you could see the faces of both older and very young fans with masks on, maintaining social distance, without unnecessary equipment. In this picture, with the passing of subsequent races, there was more and more no sight of the expression of joy or light occupation on the faces. Also, one could wait in vain for the smell of burnt oil to permeate. However, being able to experience emotions again live, closer to others, is an incomparably greater experience than watching even the best broadcast on TV.

Among the Spartan fans, visitors here and there are not as usual and not in such a number of guests in the grandstand (according to the rules excluded from availability), but among the locals. All as one big family, without unnecessary resentment and dissatisfaction. Everyone knew, thanks to the announcer, systematically reminiscent of the rules, that by obeying them somewhat "we are fighting" for more and more of us to be able to sit in the stands in the near future.

The stadium seems to be filled to the maximum, of course in the prescribed number of 25%. For which he praised the Wrocław audience, during one of the breaks co-commenting on this meeting on nSport + Krzysztof Cegielski.

You can be impressed with Wroclaw enthusiasm. Despite the inconvenience and fewer numbers, doping continued. As strong and honest as the one we remembered from the previous season. A bit like an orchestra on the Titanic from the song Lady Pank. Although in not so dramatic circumstances. It was famous: "the other side responds", "W! T! S! " full of joy, after 5: 1, "Ole! Ole! We will not give up! ", And even trying to organize the Mexican wave.

Currently, the situation has not allowed for organizing competitions for the public or buying gadgets or competition programs at the stands. It all reminded us from time to time that it was different. However, as a matter of fact, these are just additions to the main attraction, which is racing itself at every speedway match, and this meeting was not lacking in it. Thus, the decisive 15th race was watched, according to tradition, standing and hotly cheering the best players of the match.

I am sure that everyone who decided to be on that day, regardless of their role at this meeting, did not regret their decision. Although there was no crowning victory in the form of a local team, but thirsty for experience, everyone enjoyed the match and it was special.

After such an even and awaited match, one would like to run to the machine park. Some ask about the reasons for the weaker disposition or impressions after the debut, others congratulate the great attitude. For now, however, you need to be sent by the club and the comments of speedway riders from television. However, it is worth appreciating that they are, because if we had to face a similar situation several years earlier, there probably would not be such opportunities.

This is a new situation for both supporters, organizers and the media. With each subsequent match it will be easier and "normal". We have to get used to all the news for the moment. When deciding to participate in the match, everyone knew the rules. What is the most optimistic, however, is that even a sanitary regime will not destroy the unique atmosphere.

Whatever it would be, it certainly was different than usual, but is it worse? I leave it for each individual to assess. Personally, I didn't get that impression. What was possible, made available and allowed to the participants of the match. Despite initial concerns about possible "strangeness", a kind of artificiality forced by various regulations, as a result, all this became of little importance. It was forgotten, thanks to the attitude of the supporters in the stands as well as the competitors on the track. For all of them, a big round of applause!

Based on the assumption that in every situation it is worth finding positive, I can see many of them. Paradoxically, it allows some to appreciate even more the opportunity to participate in competitions and pursue their passions. Pandemic forces us to adapt to certain guidelines, but it will pass sometime and it will be beautiful, it will happen! At this time it remains to draw from every moment as much as possible.

It often happens that in order for it to be better it must first be (slightly) worse. Although in my opinion, in this case, just different. Despite this, paraphrasing Janusz Kołodziej is getting better, "but we are asking for more" or we are waiting for more.

Alicja Labrenc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Thanks for the info just done the same

No worries, glad it helped. I should have mentioned you need to decline the first offer of £5.99.

• Like 1

Sunday`s teams 

Czestochowa v Lublin

Czestochowa

9 Doyle

10 Przedpelski

11 Lindgren

12 Holta

13 Madsen

14 Swidnicki

15 Miskowiak

Lublin

1 Jamrog

2 G Laguta

3 Zagar

4 Hampel

5 Michelsen

6 Lampart

7 Trofymov

Zielona Gora v Gorzow

Zielona Gora

9 Lindback

10 Vaculik

11 Protasiewicz

12 MJJ

13 Dudek

14 Krakowiak

15 Pawliczak

Gorzow 

1 Kasprzak

2 NKI

3 Thomsen

4 Wozniak

5 Zmarzlik

6 Karczmarz

7  Jasinski

Edited by racers and royals

You'd have to think that Jack Holder will come in for either Wozniak or Kasprzak, after his dire start to the year.

Tomorrow`s matches

Friday July 10th Rybnik v Leszno programme start time  4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesports(5pm)

Friday July 10th Wroclaw v Grudziadz programme start time  7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1(7.30pm)

Links

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html

http://www.maniak.tv/mk1

https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-71.php

Racecard   Rybnik v Leszno pages 10 and 11  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1cb61a07-26f6-4042-b404-0a85140dacf6

Racecard  Wroclaw v Grudziadz page 43   https://wts.pl/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/program-gkm.pdf

On 7/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, racers and royals said:

Teams  announced for Friday`s matches

Rybnik v Leszno

Rybnik

9 Milik

10 Szczepaniak

11 Lebedevs- R/R(ZZ)

12 Logachev

13 Woryna

14 Tudziez

15 Nowacki

Leszno 

1 Sayfutdinov

2 Kolodziej

3 Smektala

4 Lidsey

5 Piotr Pawlicki

6 Kubera

7 Szlauderbach

Wroclaw v Grudziadz

Wroclaw

9 Janowski

10  Panicz ??

11 Drabik

12 Fricke

13 Woffinden

14 Curzytek

15 Chugunov

Grudziadz 

1 Pedersen

2 Buczkowski

3 Bjerre

4 Prem Pawlicki

5 A Laguta

6 Zielinski

7 Lotarski

No Szczepaniak at no 10 for Rybnik tonight- 99.99% certain it is Miedzinski taking his place. Lambert will be at 16

Freesports has vanished off my freesat box. Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Freesports has vanished off my freesat box. Any ideas?

No longer on Freesat. Freesports removed their channel after a dispute over charges. 

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No Szczepaniak at no 10 for Rybnik tonight- 99.99% certain it is Miedzinski taking his place. Lambert will be at 16

I wonder why they still don’t use Batchelor. Miedzinski has had his day.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Can’t believe they would chose szczepaniak or miedzinski over batchelor, there has got to be something else going on here