Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Supersub said:

As usual sky TV schedules are Not great for showing live Speedway!  I thought tonight‘s match, Tuesday,Was meant to be live. I’m not sure whether it would be Premier sports 1 or 2 or Freeport’s? TV schedule doesn’t show any meeting! Does anyone know any more please?

Yes i do- It`s not on. You have 2 options to watch it

1 If you do Facebook ask to join the " continental speedway" Facebook page, and watch through the links provided there

2 Watch through the links provided by me here( i am about to post them on this page) as i do for every Extraleague match. 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

Watching Leszno v Wroclaw now.  Janowski & Chuganov looked quicker than the Bulls they were chasing in heats 1 & 2 but couldn't find a way past, wonder if the track isn't prepared as norm.

Drabik did himself no favours looking for Woffinden when he almost came off, should have just stuck to his line, fortunately for him Pawlicki nearly wiped Kurtz out which allowed him back through.  Not really sure why first running of heat 4 was stopped, sure Fricke hit Kolodziej but no one hit the shale.

Kurtz surely jumped start in heat 5.

Harsh first Ekstraliga away match for Bewley, hoping heat 6 isn't the last time we see him, looks like Pawlicki just edged Woffinden on the line.

Wroclaw need a big heat 8.  Which they got great ride from Janowski & Woffinden, once Janowski was through Pawlicki was never going to be able to resist Woffinden.

22 minutes ago, Col said:

Drabik did himself no favours looking for Woffinden when he almost came off, should have just stuck to his line, fortunately for him Pawlicki nearly wiped Kurtz out which allowed him back through.  Not really sure why first running of heat 4 was stopped, sure Fricke hit Kolodziej but no one hit the shale.

I think the Drabik error was more due to the track having just been watered than him looking for Woffy... he was probably looking to see if Woffy was going to hit him.

Couldn't repeat it in heat 9 though, Sayfutinov superb.

Drabik even better ride in heat 10.  Then nowhere in heat 11, which is surely the nail in the Wroclaw coffin.

Some of the team managers in Poland do the most strangest of things. Take Zielona Gora, yes they had a woeful start but to take Lindback out of his 2nd ride was in my opinion bizarre. It has been seen many times that a poor 1st ride can be followed by a great 2nd.

Good ride Woffinden heat 12, great first couple of laps in heat 13.

Good battle in heat 14 between Drabik & Pawlicki, where the hell did Pawlicki go end of lap 3?  And Janowski & Sayfutdinov in heat 15, no maximum for the Russian.

I think that's the best meeting I've watched from Leszno, shame the result was never in doubt as Fricke, Bewley & the Liszka failed to score, good effort from the other 4.

35 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Some of the team managers in Poland do the most strangest of things. Take Zielona Gora, yes they had a woeful start but to take Lindback out of his 2nd ride was in my opinion bizarre. It has been seen many times that a poor 1st ride can be followed by a great 2nd.

Maybe making a wider point? 

I would think a rider of his standing would be one of the more vulnerable ones in the team as he isn't quite 'top class' and invariably gets found wanting on too many occasions..

A kick up the backside pre the next transfer window? 

TV timings just announced for round 5- all UK times

Friday July 10th Rybnik v Leszno programme start time  4.45pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Freesports(5pm)

Friday July 10th Wroclaw v Grudziadz programme start time  7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1(7.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Czestochowa v Lublin  programme start time 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2(3.30pm)

Sunday July 12th Zielona Gora v Gorzow programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport ( delayed ) ???

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Home riders getting some outrageous fliers

Clarification re the fliers last night:

Boss of referees, Leszek Demski clarified after the 1st round that riders may take the risk and if they get a perfect start (previously seen as a flyer) it is now not to be ruled as a false start. It's still forbidden to move before the tapes rise, but if the rider times it to perfection, it's not to be penalised. 

These are the rules from now, hence why some of you thought riders were getting fliers.

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I was thinking to myself last night I wonder if the team managers are under as much pressure in Poland as the riders. With the riders it seems that if you have 2 duff rides you're out of the meeting, maybe even the team.

Is there a high turnover for managers in Poland or is it like in the UK where you've got the job until the manager decides he doesn't want to continue?

Edited by iainb

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

I was thinking to myself last night I wonder if the team managers are under as much pressure in Poland as the riders. With the riders it seems that if you have 2 duff rides you're out of the meeting, maybe even the team.

Is there a high turnover for managers in Poland or is it like in the UK where you've got the job until the manager decides he doesn't want to continue?

High turnover normally- the good ones have been known to change clubs however.:)

2 hours ago, Col said:

Couldn't repeat it in heat 9 though, Sayfutinov superb.

Drabik even better ride in heat 10.  Then nowhere in heat 11, which is surely the nail in the Wroclaw coffin.

Three times world champion Tai with two lasts not good. Should be doing better

It was very seldom Ivan Mauger ever ran a last place at any track. I wonder if he ever had a league meeting with two lasts