British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Two absolute rubbish meetings today.  Has there been a good race? Terrible racing. Zzzzzz

be grateful you have speedway to watch this year!! 

• Like 5

I enjoyed watching the Polish League meetings tonight. Much better than having to watch Snooker or Tennis, which is shown instead of speedway on the German Eurosport. They never show Polish League speedway here in Germany. Neither do they show the SEC, not even now with so few other live sports during the Covid-19 crisis.    

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sommelier said:

be grateful you have speedway to watch this year!! 

Agree any speedway is better than no speedway 

• Like 1

Wroclaw match was rubbish tbf but enjoyed the ZG match much more.   Well ridden Martin Vaculik. :)

Have to agree neither meeting got the juices flowing this evening. Rybnik are just woeful and I can’t remember ever seeing a decent race at ZG. 
I’m of course glad to have speedway to watch but reserve the right to criticise as well as praise what I see, and unfortunately both matches today were pretty dull. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can’t remember ever seeing a decent race at ZG. 

You need to dig into the archives of PePe races there :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryW said:

You need to dig into the archives of PePe races there :D

Have always liked him, had a good season at Lynn in ‘98 with some wonderful passes. Will have a look to see what I can find from ZG ;)

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

What is it with all this shouting from the fans?

Young fans it looks like too....

Far too noisy for me this. .

Where's me blanket. ..

"Veroni" seemed to be getting some stick from the Wroclaw fans, not sure why that is?

Edited by iainb

While I'll watch Speedway on the telly all day long, no matter how good it is... I've got to say from what I've seen of this Polish league it's pretty cr@p.

I've sussed it out and unless it's Leszno riding away or Rybnik riding at home the match is going to be an easy comfortable home victory. Great for the promoters as most fans attending want to see their team win but a bit of a borefest for the neutral watching on TV. Obviously there's a sprinkling of good racing in most matches but for the most part the result is a forgone conclusion after the first 4 races. It's surprising really as most tracks seem to be the same size, shape and surface.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

"Veroni" seemed to be getting some stick from the Wroclaw fans, not sure why that is?

Because they deemed him the cause of janowski exclusion in heat one 

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Blummin eck! Is that all? I though it was something that had happened a while ago, they should have been having a go at the ref... "The Referee's a Woryna"

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

While I'll watch Speedway on the telly all day long, no matter how good it is... I've got to say from what I've seen of this Polish league it's pretty cr@p.

I've sussed it out and unless it's Leszno riding away or Rybnik riding at home the match is going to be an easy comfortable home victory. Great for the promoters as most fans attending want to see their team win but a bit of a borefest for the neutral watching on TV. Obviously there's a sprinkling of good racing in most matches but for the most part the result is a forgone conclusion after the first 4 races. It's surprising really as most tracks seem to be the same size, shape and surface.

Strangely premier sports coverage doesn’t capture the atmosphere of the meeting, even though it’s the same feed the noise of the bikes/crowd is turned down on premier coverage, and after the 4 races it keeps repeating the footage while dave Goddard fills in,on the original polish coverage you get interviews and chat with the presenters all be it in polish, at the start of the meeting the studio is in the pits and the noise of the bikes warming up is full on and it’s great, we don’t get that on premier, I’m not knocking premier as I’m greatfull for their coverage but as a choice I watch it in polish as the atmosphere comes across better 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Blummin eck! Is that all? I though it was something that had happened a while ago, they should have been having a go at the ref... "The Referee's a Woryna"

Polish fans are very passionate about their own riders, I was at gorzow v leszno after Piotr pawlicki had said he wasn’t a big fan of Bartoz on the tv the night before, they booed and whistled him every time he came out on the track, made a great atmosphere 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Strangely premier sports coverage doesn’t capture the atmosphere of the meeting, even though it’s the same feed the noise of the bikes/crowd is turned down on premier coverage, and after the 4 races it keeps repeating the footage while dave Goddard fills in,on the original polish coverage you get interviews and chat with the presenters all be it in polish, at the start of the meeting the studio is in the pits and the noise of the bikes warming up is full on and it’s great, we don’t get that on premier, I’m not knocking premier as I’m greatfull for their coverage but as a choice I watch it in polish as the atmosphere comes across better 

Couldn't watch it in Polish personally, the TV format doesn't bother me really as I watch it on delay and FF all of the dead air and adverts. I agree with the sound though it does seem to be turned down. I think it was Flagrag that mentioned that he'd seen the bandwidth that was being used and questioned whether it was being transmitted in HD and although the picture looks fine to me I do notice that the sound seems to be in a particularly low bandwidth, to my ear at least, as I can hear a lot of background distortion and I've got quite a powerful 5.1 setup and it's really noticeable

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Nothing to do with heat 1, it goes back much further to 2017. Translate this and you will find out. Wroclaw fans are now looking to be in trouble for an offensive banner they displayed referring to Woryna..

https://m.sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/892115/zuzel-prezes-pge-ekstraligi-mowi-o-karygodnym-zachowaniu-wroclawskich-kibicow-be