British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Enjoyed those two meetings. Sublime ride by Woffinden to ensure the win at the end there. 

Sayfutdinov a different gravy once again, surely he has a World Title in him. 

Would like Emil to win World Title he is class and has been for the last few years.

51 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you look at the air fences there is still a major design flaw with them and has been from day one and that is they tend to lift up and the rider and bike goes underneath them if they go in low. I have always thought that they should have some kind of perspex screen in front of them to help absorb some of the initial impact and maybe stop riders from going under. I also think this would help with air bags down the straights as handlebars and foot rests wouldn't dig in, although it would change the racing lines at many tracks. In short the air bags should be used as a shock absorber and not catch fencing as it is at the moment.

As a matter of interest... do you (or anybody) know who does the commentary and analysis on the Polish TV? I know Cegelski does some... just wondered who the other "experts" were... and if they're any good?

Perspex? Perspex has to be one of the most dangerous materials out there when crashed into at high speed and velocity, because of how it cracks into large pieces with sharp edges exposed. That would be absolutely horrific injuries caused by that.

The solution that I’ve suggested in the past is digging a trench around the outside of the track around 300mm down and anchoring the fence down to the ground. It would be impossible for the fence to lift and anybody to slide underneath because it is lower than the track itself.

24 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Perspex? Perspex has to be one of the most dangerous materials out there when crashed into at high speed and velocity, because of how it cracks into large pieces with sharp edges exposed. That would be absolutely horrific injuries caused by that.

The solution that I’ve suggested in the past is digging a trench around the outside of the track around 300mm down and anchoring the fence down to the ground. It would be impossible for the fence to lift and anybody to slide underneath because it is lower than the track itself.

OK not perspex then... perspex like (I'm no chemist), the year is 2020 and there's many different materials that could be used, just something to absorb the shock, think of a large cushion tray on its side.

Don't get bogged down thinking about the fact I said perspex and think of a different material :t:

Edited by iainb

3 hours ago, iainb said:

If you look at the air fences there is still a major design flaw with them and has been from day one and that is they tend to lift up and the rider and bike goes underneath them if they go in low. I have always thought that they should have some kind of perspex screen in front of them to help absorb some of the initial impact and maybe stop riders from going under. I also think this would help with air bags down the straights as handlebars and foot rests wouldn't dig in, although it would change the racing lines at many tracks. In short the air bags should be used as a shock absorber and not catch fencing as it is at the moment.

As a matter of interest... do you (or anybody) know who does the commentary and analysis on the Polish TV? I know Cegelski does some... just wondered who the other "experts" were... and if they're any good?

No idea sorry.

17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

We move on tomorrow’s match which is a postponed round 4 catch up

Gorzow v Czestochowa  Programme starts at 7pm 1st race 7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1

Links

http://www.maniak.tv/mk1

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html

https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-71.php

Racecard pages 14 and 15  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:ab96f800-8b2d-46f5-99f6-044e1861b620#pageNum=15

Brought to the top

Teams confirmed in Gorzow

Moje Bermudy Stal Gorzów:
9. Szymon Woźniak
10. Bartosz Zmarzlik
11. Niels Kristian Iversen - R/R (ZZ)
12. Jack Holder
13. Anders Thomsen
14. Wiktor Jasiński
15. Rafał Karczmarz

16 Kamil Pytlewski

Eltrox Włókniarz Częstochowa:
1. Jason Doyle
2. Paweł Przedpełski
3. Fredrik Lindgren
4. Rune Holta
5. Leon Madsen
6. Jakub Miśkowiak
7. Mateusz Świdnicki

8 Bartlomiej kowalski

Could be a close one. Think the away team have A good chance.

Just now, Shockster said:

Mistake if Zmarzlik doesn't come in for Iversen here as TS

Wozniak and not Zmarzlik.  Unbelieveable.

2 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Wozniak and not Zmarzlik.  Unbelieveable.

Worked though surprisingly