British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Rapidroscoe said:

simple stadiums are built over here for multi purpose rather than speedway specific - no one is willing to invest any money into the sport

Most stadiums in Poland are multi purpose lot of them have football pitch inside (Rzeszow,Lublin,Tarnow,Krosno,Rybnik,Poznan to name a few) and one American Football field(Wroclaw)

• Like 1

Wroclaw v FZG

Thought heat 2 was a nailed on 5-1 but fair play to Krakowiak held on under pressure.

Great ride Woffinden after missing the gate in heat 3.

Good first corner cut back from Protasiewicz for a surprise 1-5.

Heat 7, poor ride from Dudek practically invited Janowski through.

Vaculik shed a chain in heat 9?

Heat 10, much better from Dudek but what on earth is wrong with Fricke easily out paced by Krakowiak?

Good first lap from Vaculik heat 12 resisted Drabik and forceful move to pass Chugunov.  Chugunov doesn't look impressed and I can't say I blame him.

Difficult one to call this going into nominated riders because almost all the better riders have had at least one good ride and at least one poor ride. MJJ over Lindback, interesting.  Holder/Chugunov over Drabik.  Not what I'd have gone for.

Good ride Dudek, MJJ unsurprisingly tailed off.  Vaculik needs to win heat 15 I would think if FZG are to get a draw, would be very surprised if Protasiewicz defeats Woffinden or Janowski.

Great ride Vaculik to win it especially as he let Protasiewicz have gate 1 (not that I've seen gate stats), great effort from Woffinden chasing.

When Gorzow v Częstochowa take 2?

1 hour ago, Col said:

When Gorzow v Częstochowa take 2?

It is undecided yet by League Council. There are still three possibilities (depending on what circumstances would be settled by the council):

a walk-over for Częstochowa

to repeat whole match

or to approve 32-28 score after 10 heats.

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Personally I thought Buzz turned back to ride a narrow back straight and caused the clash with Smektala who was minding his own business on the inside but can see why the Lezno man was excluded. 

Why was Pedersen being a plonker towards Smektala after heat 15? 

Because Pedersen is a  Plonker.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Wroclaw v FZG

Thought heat 2 was a nailed on 5-1 but fair play to Krakowiak held on under pressure.

Great ride Woffinden after missing the gate in heat 3.

Good first corner cut back from Protasiewicz for a surprise 1-5.

Heat 7, poor ride from Dudek practically invited Janowski through.

Vaculik shed a chain in heat 9?

Heat 10, much better from Dudek but what on earth is wrong with Fricke easily out paced by Krakowiak?

Good first lap from Vaculik heat 12 resisted Drabik and forceful move to pass Chugunov.  Chugunov doesn't look impressed and I can't say I blame him.

Difficult one to call this going into nominated riders because almost all the better riders have had at least one good ride and at least one poor ride. MJJ over Lindback, interesting.  Holder/Chugunov over Drabik.  Not what I'd have gone for.

Good ride Dudek, MJJ unsurprisingly tailed off.  Vaculik needs to win heat 15 I would think if FZG are to get a draw, would be very surprised if Protasiewicz defeats Woffinden or Janowski.

Great ride Vaculik to win it especially as he let Protasiewicz have gate 1 (not that I've seen gate stats), great effort from Woffinden chasing.

Think it would have been better chancing Lindback in nominated heat MJJ stayed he was still injured from his crash the day before!

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Because Pedersen is a  Plonker.

While he was being a plonker, he scared smektala and he basically he let pedersen through, when the game is about winning Pedersen won that battle and that’s all that matters 

• Like 1

Google translation of Sportowefakty article on the Gorzow/ Czestochowa situation

Slag. President of PGE Ekstraliga on the accident in Gorzów. KOL

must find a solution in line with the spirit of sport [INTERVIEW]
- KOL will get firefighters' expertise, protocol and make decisions in accordance with the regulations and spirit of sport. I'm worried that Stal may lose the stadium for a few weeks. It will not only be a problem for the club, but for the whole Ekstraliga - says Wojciech Stępniewski.

We were left without a stadium because of the fire. Losses can reach half a million [INTERVIEW]
Dariusz Ostafiński, WP SportoweFakty: Referee Paweł Słupski made a good decision, interrupting the match in Gorzów without announcing a walkover in favor of Włókniarz? I am asking, because when Sparta had a problem with a band a year ago, its activists heard that they have half an hour to remove the fault, and if they do not ...
Wojciech Stępniewski, president of PGE Ekstraliga: The judge made a wise decision. And of course it's very good that he didn't announce the bye, because it can be presumed that the fire was not caused by intentional arson.

Higher power?

There are many indications. And I will add immediately that there was no topic of the lack of power generators. Steel had them. However, there was no where to connect, because the switchboard burned down.

Some fans suggest, however, that the fire was a deliberate job of Steel, who was afraid that he would lose the first win this season.

I would like to say that such comments are extremely irresponsible. There are limits to absurdity. To say that Steel intentionally caused a fire to save the victory is to cross those limits.

Let's return to the regulations and article 419, where we read that the organizer bears the risk and assumes the obligation to conduct the competition efficiently. And here I come back to the question of whether the League Adjudicating Committee has anything to do here?

The organizer always takes the risk associated with the efficient operation of the devices on himself, but he can never take the risk of short circuiting in the electrical installation. Tm more that, as Stal Gorzów shows, in March the entire installation was inspected. It had all the necessary approvals. Such service was carried out there every year.

Since we know so much, where is the place for KOL to work here?

KOL will have to find a solution in the spirit of sport. Above all, however, let's wait for the expertise of the fire brigade, because she will tell us the truth about what happened to the switching station in the stadium.

Not only is it amazing to me that Stal had a switchboard room in which she also kept nursery equipment. In addition, during the match, someone was there and worked on the equipment.

I wouldn't cling to the fact that the switchboard was in this place and not in another place. Someone approved this project, the club has all permits, so let's not make a sensation out of it. Really. I would not like to speculate if anyone was doing something there. I know about a man who saved equipment after a fire broke out.

There are four options on the table: keeping the result from the track, finishing the match from the 11th race, repetition of the meeting and bye for Włókniarz Can you exclude any of these versions now?

I will not answer, because it is KOL to make a decision. It is known that each club pulls its own way, but KOL must rely on documents. As I said, there are many indications of force majeure, but this still needs to be confirmed by documents. Only then will it be possible to say one hundred percent whether anyone is guilty in this case and whether he should be punished. The Commission will definitely have a threat in this matter, because on the one hand it is about regulations and on the other about the spirit of sport. The KOL decision will close one problem, but the other will remain.

It means?

After all, KOL will not give us the answer when Stal will have an efficient electrical installation at the stadium. Repairing such a switchgear is not a simple matter. This may take several weeks.

So much?

Yes, because it is not repairing even the most serious failure in the household. The purchase of materials alone will be a serious challenge. Then the State Construction Supervision Inspector must pick it up. The firefighters must do the same. This is a public facility. For PGE Ekstraliga, steel problems with the stadium can be a serious complication. In turn, for the club itself it will be an expensive investment, which, according to Steel, will amount to half a million

4 hours ago, pawel115 said:

Most stadiums in Poland are multi purpose lot of them have football pitch inside (Rzeszow,Lublin,Tarnow,Krosno,Rybnik,Poznan to name a few) and one American Football field(Wroclaw)

A lot of people on here just don't get it. They think 'wow, isn't it cheap to get in to speedway. They have priced it cheap to attract the fans. Why can't they do that in the UK?'  And don't look at the broader picture. The lower wages in Poland. The totally different sporting set-up. The different league set-up. The sponsorship set-up and tv,etc. It isn't cheap for Polish fans, but they don't have too many meetings to attend, so can afford 8 or 10 meetings a year. I went to the Jancarz Memorial meeting, with a fantastic line-up and cheap prices, but the stadium was more than 50% empty. Maybe because fans don't like meaningless meetings and also possibly because they can only afford a certain amount.

For someone to say, it has nothing to do with wages/cost of living it total nonsense. And to say you can fly over from the UK, stay in a hotel and get into a meeting cheap. Ok, you can, but you have still paid out way more than you do to get into your local track. Just the atmosphere is better and you are enjoying something different. We can all understand that. But don't come out with rubbish about it being cheap. It is like me saying it is cheap to buy petrol in Poland, but I have to drive a few hundred miles to the border !!! For those people lucky enough to live near the border, they can and do take advantage. Just like one or two towns south of the Danish/German border are full of Danish supermarkets, selling Danish products in Danish prices(a lot cheaper than over the border though) with Danish money, the staff talk Danish and even the traffic signs on the premises are in Danish rather than German. And the place is generally packed out, but it isn't worth driving from Copenhagen to buy beer there :rofl: 

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Google translation of Sportowefakty article on the Gorzow/ Czestochowa situation

Slag. President of PGE Ekstraliga on the accident in Gorzów. KOL

Higher power?

Oh god !!!:party:

I'

12 hours ago, iris123 said:

Just like one or two towns south of the Danish/German border are full of Danish supermarkets, selling Danish products in Danish prices(a lot cheaper than over the border though) with Danish money, the staff talk Danish and even the traffic signs on the premises are in Danish rather than German. And the place is generally packed out, but it isn't worth driving from Copenhagen to buy beer there :rofl: 

Don't many South Eastern Swedes catch a 2 hour ferry to the Baltic nations to do their weekly shop?  Quite sensible.  Lot's of Brit's do a booze cruise to France to stock up on wine.

Poland seems cheap to Brit's, because your average product is cheaper, the same can be said for most of Europe, mostly due to less tax.  Scandinavia & Iceland are quite the opposite.

Teams  announced for Friday`s matches

Rybnik v Leszno

Rybnik

9 Milik

10 Szczepaniak

11 Lebedevs

12 Logachev

13 Woryna

14 Tudziez

15 Nowacki

Leszno 

1 Sayfutdinov

2 Kolodziej

3 Smektala

4 Lidsey

5 Piotr Pawlicki

6 Kubera

7 Szlauderbach

Wroclaw v Grudziadz

Wroclaw

9 Janowski

10  Panicz ??

11 Drabik

12 Fricke

13 Woffinden

14 Curzytek

15 Chugunov

Grudziadz 

1 Pedersen

2 Buczkowski

3 Bjerre

4 Prem Pawlicki

5 A Laguta

6 Zielinski

7 Lotarski

Edited by racers and royals

12 hours ago, Col said:

I'

Don't many South Eastern Swedes catch a 2 hour ferry to the Baltic nations to do their weekly shop?  Quite sensible.  Lot's of Brit's do a booze cruise to France to stock up on wine.

I don't know and can't say how sensible it is. 4 hours on a ferry!!! There needs to be a big bonus for me to do that :D Maybe it is cheap drinks on board that gets them on ? I did the Dover- Calais trip once, but in all honesty it wasn't for the beer or wine, but a day out. Just as we can do the trip to Heligoland for a big tax reductions on stuff. But it cost about 70€ for a start and takes hours, basically a whole day is lost and then you need to buy some really expensive tv or mobile phone to make it worth the while. For me it isn't worth the hassle  

The Extraleague have today announced the TV matches for round 7- all UK times

Friday July 24th Wroclaw v Rybnik programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5pm Eleven Sport 1

Friday July 24th Zielona Gora v Lublin programme starts 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm Eleven Sport 1

Sunday July 26th Grudziadz v Gorzow programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm N sport

Sunday July 26th Czestochowa v leszno programme starts 6pm 1st race 6.15pm N sport