British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starman2006

Gordon Day has died

It is with great sadness that we have to report the passing of Gordon Day. He was associated with Poole speedway for many many years, as press officer and historian.
He was a walking speedway encyclopedia, and also a very good guitarist
Everybody at poole speedway is shocked and saddened. My condolences go out to Barbara and the family. RIP Gordon Day

Edited by Starman2006
  • Sad 6

R.I.P. Gordy. He was a permanent fixture at Poole Speedway for many many years and could always be found in the pits on match days. He was the 'go-to' guy for all and any information about speedway - not just Poole - and friend to many riders, sponsors and fans.

His family would like to stress that Gordy's death was NOT Covid 19-related.

Sincere condolences to Barbara and his family.

• Thanks 1

RIP Gordon

Such very sad news...Gordon was always the first person you met when arriving at Poole....sincerest thoughts are with Barbara...and everyone at Wimbourne road from us all.

• Like 2

Terribly sad news. Gordie was a genuinely nice chap and I always enjoyed talking to him. A real loss to the club and speedway in general. Held in high regard by many riders who visited. RIP.