British Speedway Forum
JohnHyam

A voice of reason?

41 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe it's not a case of 'dismantling it',,, but looking at reducing the use of it, 'Reduce, Re-use, Recycle'. Dunno too much about renewable energies, but there has to be a case to be stringent in what your paying for. I would have thought that the US is a big user and, probly not too happy about cutting back on stuff. There's probly a million ways on how to cut down on finite resources,  but education would be critical on that.

I went to college with a guy that thought there was a way to harness lightning,,, he was often mocked, but I thought he had a plan ;)

That’s a very fair comment, and far closer to reasonable debate and plain common sense than anything Ms Tthumberg and her extremist string pullers are advocating.

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, Neil Young. 

Got some of his albums :D

17 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Some very good points,  but all these 'renewable energies' have to be renewed every 20 years, and to make them it takes vast amounts of fossil fuels. It would be 'greener' to burn the fossil fuels in the first place. Renewable energies can't even be recycled, they end up in massive landfills, polluting the land and seeping toxins into the soil. It's a billionaire con job, as green campaigner Michael Moore has now exposed. 

Fair enough,,, I get what you say. Suppose it goes down to what you need, and what you use.

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Got some of his albums :D

Don't think it was the same one.;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

But this is okay ?

image.jpeg.d0045e9329732ecbc6353f3628b60ae1.jpeg

image.jpeg.9c15efdb4d9ab641d6fe126035c09031.jpeg

You attempts to build a straw man are very poor. No one is saying that renewable energy isn't without its challenges, however it is infinitely better than fossil fuels. The technology will evolve, as it always does. That will include the recycling of batteries and wind turbines.

12 hours ago, gustix said:

Climate change activist Greta Thunberg. What views on her activities?

safe_image.php?d=AQAWwpvAEvh1I4D3&w=540&

A manipulated puppet .....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MattK said:

You attempts to build a straw man are very poor. No one is saying that renewable energy isn't without its challenges, however it is infinitely better than fossil fuels. The technology will evolve, as it always does. That will include the recycling of batteries and wind turbines.

Renewable energies can only be made and transported by using vast amounts of fossil fuels and mined rare earth minerals, what part of that don't you understand ??? They only last around twenty years, can't be recycled, results in the destruction of millions of trees every year, the death of an estimated 250,000 birds and bats every year, are very expensive, and are not reliable. The billionaires involved in this fossildoomsday hoax have played you and your fellow fake climate catastrophe cultists like a fiddle. Green energy has been fully exposed as fraud, you and your ilk are yesterdays hoax.

At least Michael Moore had the integrity to acknowledge that he'd been played by the billionaires, the banks and the fossil fuel companies who are heavily involved themselves...

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Renewable energies can only be made and transported by using vast amounts of fossil fuels and mined rare earth minerals, what part of that don't you understand ??? They only last around twenty years, can't be recycled, results in the destruction of millions of trees every year, the death of an estimated 250,000 birds and bats every year, are very expensive, and are not reliable. The billionaires involved in this fossildoomsday hoax have played you and your fellow fake climate catastrophe cultists like a fiddle. Green energy has been fully exposed as fraud, you and your ilk are yesterdays hoax.

At least Michael Moore had the integrity to acknowledge that he'd been played by the billionaires, the banks and the fossil fuel companies who are heavily involved themselves...

Its beginning to sound like 'Cars 2',,, is Sir Miles Axlerod behind it? ;)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Renewable energies can only be made and transported by using vast amounts of fossil fuels and mined rare earth minerals, what part of that don't you understand ??? They only last around twenty years, can't be recycled, results in the destruction of millions of trees every year, the death of an estimated 250,000 birds and bats every year, are very expensive, and are not reliable.

Against, another poor attempt at a straw man. No one is saying that renewable energy sources do not require fossil fuels to construct. Gas and coal fired power stations also require vast amounts of resources to construct. However, the main difference is that once the renewable infrastructure is in place the ongoing cost of the fuel, sun, wind, tidal etc. is minimal, unlike the ongoing costs and resources required for the mining, drilling, extracting, processing and transportion of oil, gas and coal.

19 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its beginning to sound like 'Cars 2',,, is Sir Miles Axlerod behind it? ;)

What an infantile epoch we are living in when grown adults hang on the word of a mentally challenged teenager...

33 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The billionaires involved in this fossildoomsday hoax have played you and your fellow fake climate catastrophe cultists like a fiddle. Green energy has been fully exposed as fraud, you and your ilk are yesterdays hoax.

I don't understand this argument. Billionaires already control the means of energy production using fossil fuels. In turn the industry recieve billions every year in taxpayer subsidies and generates huge profits. Why would they create a climate hoax which jeopardises that stranglehold?

A far more plausible explanation is that billionaires are in fact the ones behind climate change denial, as they look to protect their investments is fossil fuels and gravy train of taxpayer subsidies and huge profits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattK said:

I don't understand this argument. Billionaires already control the means of energy production using fossil fuels. In turn the industry recieve billions every year in taxpayer subsidies and generates huge profits. Why would they create a climate hoax which jeopardises that stranglehold?

'Allinol' ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

12 minutes ago, MattK said:

A far more plausible explanation is that billionaires are in fact the ones behind climate change denial, as they look to protect their investments is fossil fuels and gravy train of taxpayer subsidies and huge profits.

There is certainly a lot you don't understand Matt. 

'Green' energies are made and transported by vast amounts of fossil fuels. Fossil fuel use goes up. Fossil fuel companies invest in heavily subsidized 'green' energies. It's a massive win win for fossil fuel companies and their cohorts. Want to know how the scam works exactly, watch Michael Moore's film....

24 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

There is certainly a lot you don't understand Matt. 

'Green' energies are made and transported by vast amounts of fossil fuels. Fossil fuel use goes up. Fossil fuel companies invest in heavily subsidized 'green' energies. It's a massive win win for fossil fuel companies and their cohorts. Want to know how the scam works exactly, watch Michael Moore's film....

Why would fossil fuel use go up? As I said, building new fossil fuel fired power stations also require huge amounts of steel, concrete and other resources. The renewable sources being constructed are to replace aging, mainly coal fired power stations which need replacing one way or another as they reach end of life. They are not in addition to the existing capacity.

One thing is for sure the planet is in a poor state with many environmental issues in the oceans and on land, you can put the blame fault on many people/governments but the sad fact is the $ is king.

Our insatiable appetite for "stuff" is incredible much of which we do not need and its only going to get worse with African and Chinese people for instance wanting a "better" lifestyle eg cars, mobiles, televisions.

I had resisted the mobile phone issue for years then had a small Nokia for about 7 years but recently  joined the iphone  craze :rolleyes:

I change my car about every two years when there is no need so i can hardly claim to be an angel..?

I supported the WWF for a few years but some of their actions i did not agree with, hmmm sounds like i pick and choose when to be the environmentalist!!

• Like 1