British Speedway Forum
JohnHyam

A voice of reason?

10 hours ago, topaz325 said:

One thing is for sure the planet is in a poor state with many environmental issues in the oceans and on land, you can put the blame fault on many people/governments but the sad fact is the $ is king.

Our insatiable appetite for "stuff" is incredible much of which we do not need and its only going to get worse with African and Chinese people for instance wanting a "better" lifestyle eg cars, mobiles, televisions.

I had resisted the mobile phone issue for years then had a small Nokia for about 7 years but recently  joined the iphone  craze :rolleyes:

I change my car about every two years when there is no need so i can hardly claim to be an angel..?

I supported the WWF for a few years but some of their actions i did not agree with, hmmm sounds like i pick and choose when to be the environmentalist!!

That's not really a big issue, as you could be changing to a smaller, or more fuel efficient lighter car. Then you are a very climate aware person.  :D    

A comment on FB claims: Greta Thunberg called on the Chinese to stop using their traditional chopsticks and thus save hundreds of trees. The Chinese advised Greta Thunberg to return to school, where she will learn that the sticks are made of bamboo, and that bamboo is a plant, not a tree. And they called her to stop wiping her butt with toilet paper because it is actually made of wood!
Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Edited by gustix
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gustix said:

A comment on FB claims: Greta Thunberg called on the Chinese to stop using their traditional chopsticks and thus save hundreds of trees. The Chinese advised Greta Thunberg to return to school, where she will learn that the sticks are made of bamboo, and that bamboo is a plant, not a tree. And they called her to stop wiping her butt with toilet paper because it is actually made of wood!
Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Why would you repost blatant falsehoods? Makes you look as dim as whoever posted them in the first place. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Why would you repost blatant falsehoods? Makes you look as dim as whoever posted them in the first place. 

Can you substantiate your claim? The item has passed vetting at FACEBOOK. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Can you substantiate your claim? The item has passed vetting at FACEBOOK. 

Vetting? You think facebook vets each post?  

Anyway, i know you claim not to be familiar with google. But just go to google.com on your internet browser. Type in Greta Thunberg chopsticks. And you will see several links (that at least is a term I believe you are familiar with) to articles which confirm the claims made in the post you mention to be false. 

• Haha 1

Gustix. Puzzled why you would laugh at my response and be confused at that from Iris? Are you alright? 

• Haha 2

Another Facebook favourite of mine! The caption reads something like: "Nicola Sturgeon another lady leader but I don't know who that is in the suit!"
Image may contain: 1 person

Edited by gustix
  • Haha 1

Are you going to answer waiheke1, John? They are legitimate questions...

• Haha 1

Are you deliberately being rude and incredibly ignorant, John, or do you REALLY not understand what people are saying and asking?

Waiheke1 is a very valuable and intelligent forum member, and if he asks you a serious question, please do the decent thing and answer him - not mock him.

We know that you don't understand technology, but if you need genuine assistance, there are many of us who would be pleased to help you.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Seems as time goes on he just gets more and more confused 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Seems as time goes on he just gets more and more confused 

He may not know what Google is, or that FB doesn't "vet" posts, but he knows how to use emojis. Well, a couple of them, anyway...

He's still being bloody rude though.

• Haha 1

Can you honestly believe that a supposedly mature adult is carrying on like this? Just keep playing with your emojis...

Grow up John, you are not a ten-year-old - even if ten years was the length of time that you were interested in speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Can you honestly believe that a supposedly mature adult is carrying on like this? Just keep playing with your emojis...

Grow up John, you are not a ten-year-old - even if ten years was the length of time that you were interested in speedway.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1128250810570567/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1593360700937855/?hc_location=group

Edited by gustix
  • Sad 2