British Speedway Forum
JohnHyam

A voice of reason?

46 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

There founder Roger Hallam apparently got a PhD in Civil Disobedience or some such nonsense at the LSD .  A pity he didn’t get a PhD from the Universty of Life in getting a job and not being a burden on the Social Security budget :(

he even said if he was out on the road and an ambulance needed to get past, he wouldn't move .. that is some kind of sick individual

• Like 2

The World is on fire. CODE RED. Oh wait a minute, what's this.........

In the UK we're going to bankrupt ourselves by cutting our emissions to zero. Green virtue signalling is complete insanity...

• Like 1

But for fossil fuels, Germany would have no electricity tonight...

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person und Text „" I don't know what word in the English language- I can't find one-that applies to people who are willing to sacrifice the literal existence of organized human life so they can put a few more dollars into highly overstuffed pockets. The word "evil" doesn't begin to approach it. ~Noam Chomsky~“

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Australia has approved three new coal projects in the space of a month. Emissions are never going down and the Earth will continue greening...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/05/new-coalmine-mangoola-nsw-muswellbrook-approved-australia-environment-minister-sussan-ley

This from the fool who wanted to argue that Australia and China didn't hold similar views :rofl:

What are those 5 words we will hear plenty of ? :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Blupanther said:

But for fossil fuels, Germany would have no electricity tonight...

Two interesting points that were reported on LBC last night and this morning, that I set out as neutrally as I can in the interest of balance.

The first was that in 2020 there were 270 days when there was insufficient wind for out wind turbines to operate at more than 6% of their capacity.

The second point was an interview with someone from the industry who said that a succession of energy ministers going right back to Ed Davey in the Coalition Government and Ed Milliband before that have been, in her words “ blinded by the Green Agenda “ and now in the throes of an energy crisis we are left with insufficient independently  produced energy of our own. If we had continued fracking it would have made a big difference, she said, and in her words “ The Eco Warriors have won”

What ever side of the climate change fence one takes, it really seems that our politicians as a class have got this one wildly wrong.

• Like 3

Another night of hardly any wind in Germany. Be very thankful for fossil fuels...

The air is not made up of 50% carbon emissions. Not even 10% or even 1% or 0.1%. Just 0.04% of the air is made up of carbon dioxide. That's 4 parts in every 10,000. Don't be misled by a political agenda...