British Speedway Forum
norbold

West Country Gazette

Next Wednesday (20 May), the Talking Pictures TV Channel has a programme entitled, "West Country Gazette". It’s synopsis reads, "1948. We take a look at a speedway track outside St Austell where Vic Duggan makes an appearance....."

• Like 4

7 hours ago, norbold said:

Next Wednesday (20 May), the Talking Pictures TV Channel has a programme entitled, "West Country Gazette". It’s synopsis reads, "1948. We take a look at a speedway track outside St Austell where Vic Duggan makes an appearance....."

I fully intend watching this. I have it set to record.

Thank you very much for Posting this norbold.

The speedway track at Par Moor, St Austell, opened in 1949, so this programme may relate to the track under construction or the Rocky Park grass track on the other side of town, where incidentally Bill Kitchen was a particular favourite.  Bill Kitchen and Vic Duggan, along with Jack Parker, were involved in the design of the Par Moor track I believe.

I watched this Programme with interest.

I too believe it is Grasstrack - but very interesting none the less.

Thanks for the 'heads up' norbold.

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

I watched this Programme with interest.

I too believe it is Grasstrack - but very interesting none the less.

Thanks for the 'heads up' norbold.

Any time, TWK!
They said it was a grasstrack meeting at the beginning. The racing looked particularly uninspiring I thought, though nevertheless interesting to see Vic Duggan in action.

13 minutes ago, norbold said:

Any time, TWK!
They said it was a grasstrack meeting at the beginning. The racing looked particularly uninspiring I thought, though nevertheless interesting to see Vic Duggan in action.

Actually - I enjoyed the whole of the programme. Great stuff!!!

Is it a regular feature - I never got a series link on SKY 'Q'.

23 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Actually - I enjoyed the whole of the programme. Great stuff!!!

Is it a regular feature - I never got a series link on SKY 'Q'.

No, The West Country Gazette is not a regular feature, but the Talking Pictures channel has lots of short 5-15 minutes historical films, many from the 1940s and 50s. I find them fascinating. You need to keep a watch out for them.

30 minutes ago, norbold said:

No, The West Country Gazette is not a regular feature, but the Talking Pictures channel has lots of short 5-15 minutes historical films, many from the 1940s and 50s. I find them fascinating. You need to keep a watch out for them.

Thanks norbold - I will do so. :t:

• Like 1