British Speedway Forum

The relevance is to Law.

Garrity carried out an unlawful act, threatening a woman with a knife.

This lad causes ABH with life threatening injuries.

I watch a bit of Police Interceptors on tv & fines do not fit the crimes.

Edited by IronScorpion

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The relevance is to Law.

Garrity carried out an unlawful act, threatening a woman with a knife.

This lad causes ABH with life threatening injuries.

I watch a bit of Police Interceptors on tv & fines do not fit the crimes.

I still don’t see how this is relevant. Would Garritys threat have turned to murder had the women resisted?

I do feel your application of the law and what certain terms mean is lacking. Watching tv police shows is often misleading. 

Edited by Diamondboy

4 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

I still don’t see how this is relevant. Would Garritys threat have turned to murder had the women resisted?

One will never know.Sometimes  it can be a split second or two decision, one can never tell under the circumstances what the outcome will be.

Just don’t see how offences under the Road Traffic Act can be compared with Robbery offences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iainb said:

And the relevance to Mr Garrity?

I thought it was just me missing the point.........glad you asked the question.

• Like 4

If he is guilty and punished then that should be the end of it, we have to have a society where people who make a mistake can be given a second  chance.  I Hope to see him at the tapes again because without speedway the lad will have nothing to focus his energy, what he has allegedly  done saddens me but so do the people who are too quick to judge

On 6/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Berry9 said:

If he is guilty and punished then that should be the end of it

There speaks the optimist.

In reality, when he's served his sentence, and (according to sociologists) "paid off his debt to society", have a guess how many of the people on this forum will still relish "sticking the (metaphorical) knife in"?  Punishment is never the end of it, even after a sentence is served and even after (under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act) the sentence is deemed to be "spent". Prejudice continues.

Imagine this for instance, just suppose SCB made a reappearance on this forum...how many people will welcome him with open arms?

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Imagine this for instance, just suppose SCB made a reappearance on this forum...how many people will welcome him with open arms?

He quite possibly has reappeared on the forum already 

Edited by jrs
grammar

3 hours ago, jrs said:

He quite possibly has reappeared on the forum already 

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

There speaks the optimist.

In reality, when he's served his sentence, and (according to sociologists) "paid off his debt to society", have a guess how many of the people on this forum will still relish "sticking the (metaphorical) knife in"?  Punishment is never the end of it, even after a sentence is served and even after (under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act) the sentence is deemed to be "spent". Prejudice continues.

Apparantly, there were plenty of people at the last Cardiff GP who were thrilled to see him and actually welcomed him with open arms. Pathetic. 

and as JRS said, i am sure he is back on here under a new name somewhere. He spent his entire life on here , no way would he not be posting on here daily but posting on twitter everyday as if nothing ever happened. 

as for Garrity , id imagine no club will take him on now. The likes of lee , smart , lobb, ward etc had bans for stupid , braindead actions but none of them can be compared to Garrity and his actions. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Apparantly, there were plenty of people at the last Cardiff GP who were thrilled to see him and actually welcomed him with open arms. Pathetic. 

and as JRS said, i am sure he is back on here under a new name somewhere. He spent his entire life on here , no way would he not be posting on here daily but posting on twitter everyday as if nothing ever happened. 

as for Garrity , id imagine no club will take him on now. The likes of lee , smart , lobb, ward etc had bans for stupid , braindead actions but none of them can be compared to Garrity and his actions. 

Lee Smart? If not... Whatever happened to him?

On 6/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Berry9 said:

If he is guilty and punished then that should be the end of it, we have to have a society where people who make a mistake can be given a second  chance.  I Hope to see him at the tapes again because without speedway the lad will have nothing to focus his energy, what he has allegedly  done saddens me but so do the people who are too quick to judge

He is up for sentencing next therefore he is Guilty. As for second chances, has he not has a few already?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Lee Smart? If not... Whatever happened to him?

I think pinny is referring to Michael Lee and Frank smart ?

• Like 1