British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Shouldnt that read more like Where would Ward be now if it wasnt for his getting drunk before a GP and not being allowed to ride intoxicated... 

Drugs or alcohol, whatever if you ask me. Alltough alcohol is no longer doping under FIM.

He wasn't drunk, he failed a test that shows a level of alcohol in the blood, there has never been any suggestion that his crash was a result of any form of intoxication.

10 minutes ago, foamfence said:

He wasn't drunk, he failed a test that shows a level of alcohol in the blood, there has never been any suggestion that his crash was a result of any form of intoxication.

Think the level was quite high. It’s all in writing on the FIM website for everyone to see.

And for the record I wasnt  suggesting that either. Just wanted to point out to the one poster that IMO the failed the test first (as in problems ”started”) and his crash came later on.

29 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Think the level was quite high. It’s all in writing on the FIM website for everyone to see.

And for the record I wasnt  suggesting that either. Just wanted to point out to the one poster that IMO the failed the test first (as in problems ”started”) and his crash came later on.

You said he was "drunk" but he wasn't tested because there was any suggestion of that, he was tested by random selection, as were others. I'm not standing up for him (he and I haven't got on for quite a while), I'm just trying to correct an impression that you gave. We all know that different people have different tolerances to alcohol anyway.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

You said he was "drunk" but he wasn't tested because there was any suggestion of that, he was tested by random selection, as were others. I'm not standing up for him (he and I haven't got on for quite a while), I'm just trying to correct an impression that you gave. We all know that different people have different tolerances to alcohol anyway.

”Random” test. Fine. I’m corrected.

4 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Shouldnt that read more like Where would Ward be now if it wasnt for his getting drunk before a GP and not being allowed to ride intoxicated... 

Drugs or alcohol, whatever if you ask me. Alltough alcohol is no longer doping under FIM.

Could be argued that Ward’s subsequent maturing was a result of his ban. Fate then stepped in with regard to his injury. 

Never liked the bloke personally but his talent on a bike was undeniable. We all make mistakes and do stupid things when we’re young too. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, iris123 said:

Someone who is always right and obsessed with stats......hmmm, who might that be?

It’s quite a leap to suggest that someone who presents and comments upon stats might be a paedophile and sex offender!  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s quite a leap to suggest that someone who presents and comments upon stats might be a paedophile and sex offender!  :rolleyes:

well he certainly shows a tremendous lack of empathy with his "victims"

On 6/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, iris123 said:

Probably,but first came to my attention going on about scb.......and was thinking of posting something along those lines the past few days jokingly

But as you say, Bila Hora was found out fairly quickly as Subedei and Speedibee/Adonis was as well 

Subedei may have wound up a few and liked to play havoc on this forum,  but he wasn't a wrongun, RIP Andrew.

1 minute ago, M.D said:

Subedei may have wound up a few and liked to play havoc on this forum,  but he wasn't a wrongun, RIP Andrew.

I didn't say he was. But I think he was originally banned for wishing another forum member was dead ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I didn't say he was. But I think he was originally banned for wishing another forum member was dead ?

No I wasn't suggesting that you did, apologies if you thought I may have meant that..

I didn't know what he got banned for, should have been a few times proberly but he was a good but strange man..

22 hours ago, M.D said:

No I wasn't suggesting that you did, apologies if you thought I may have meant that..

I didn't know what he got banned for, should have been a few times proberly but he was a good but strange man..

You are clearly unaware of the disgusting private messages of abuse he sent a good friend of mine. Fortunate he wasn't reported to the police. Wasn't a good man and was very strange.

• Like 2

Anyway take it there's no news Mr Garrity?

On 6/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, iris123 said:

That would be me but unfortunately for Andrew I'm still here.....at the moment.......and he's not. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Anyway take it there's no news Mr Garrity?

Awaiting sentencing, fair to say we wont be seeing him at any track any time soon.

14 hours ago, Piccolo said:

You are clearly unaware of the disgusting private messages of abuse he sent a good friend of mine. Fortunate he wasn't reported to the police. Wasn't a good man and was very strange.

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

That would be me but unfortunately for Andrew I'm still here.....at the moment.......and he's not. 

No I was unaware of that side to him, he was always ok with me, not nice that he did that though..

Still, this thread is not about him so we should move on from this.

Edited by M.D