British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
npw

Chris Schramm

2 minutes ago, npw said:

Has apparently gone missing.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/former-speedway-star-christopher-schramm-4151350

Sincerely hope he is OK and soon found.

He has been found- it`s on the Ipswich 2020 thread.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/88757-ipswich-2020/&page=128

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

OK thanks.

Glad he's been found.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, npw said:

OK thanks.

Glad he's been found.

Sadly it`s not all good news. I wish him and his family all the best in the times ahead. I knew Chris well from his Reading days.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 3

Remember when he rode for Oxford...very best wishes Chris!

Wish  Chris well ,met with him and chatted when he rode for Berwick,He and his family were really nice people.

Chris Schramm is a former Eagle and thus will be very welcome at Arlington, if he wishes to come -- as are all former Eagles team members. The ex-riders association has been formed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Chris Schramm is a former Eagle and thus will be very welcome at Arlington, if he wishes to come -- as are all former Eagles team members. The ex-riders association has been formed.

Best wishes to Chris as I remember him at Cowley. As a matter of Interest is Malcolm Ballard a member?

34 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Best wishes to Chris as I remember him at Cowley. As a matter of Interest is Malcolm Ballard a member?

I think if you rode for the Eagles..you are are 'in' and welcome. He's certainly (obviously) on the list of ex-Eagles. 

Pretty certain they have not managed to contact everyone as yet but from what I read all are welcome.

Some might be interviewed etc but it's not a deal breaker for those who want to ease back into the place.

I'm sure Chris S. could come and be feted or just come and enjoy quietly. 

Breath of fresh air as to how Eastbourne are treating their former riders. I've read in the past of clubs who want their former riders to pay. I think that is a poor show.

We often see Gordon Kennett around the place and he often speaks to fans when interviewed by presenter. He is always very  positive and encouraging. 

Steve Weatherley is a regular too

Fans like to reconnect with the riders from the past and I for one am waiting for the day David Norris is talking to us again.

>>If you know Malcolm Ballard, do tell him. I stand with a chap who still waxes lyrical about the genius that Malcom was. He would be in heaven if Malcom B put in an appearance again at Arlington. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I think if you rode for the Eagles..you are are 'in' and welcome. He's certainly (obviously) on the list of ex-Eagles. 

Pretty certain they have not managed to contact everyone as yet but from what I read all are welcome.

Some might be interviewed etc but it's not a deal breaker for those who want to ease back into the place.

Breath of fresh air as to how Eastbourne are treating their former riders. I've read in the past of clubs who want their former riders to pay. I think that is a poor show.

We often see Gordon Kennett around the place and he often speaks to fans when interviewed by presenter. He is always very  positive and encouraging. 

Fans like to reconnect with the riders from the past and I for one am waiting for the day David Norris is talking to us again.

>>If you know Malcolm Ballard, do tell him. I stand with a chap who still waxes lyrical about the genius that Malcom was. He would be in heaven if Malcom B put in an appearance again at Arlington. 

Last I heard he was mechanic to Lewis Bridger?

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Last I heard he was mechanic to Lewis Bridger?

Didn’t know that. I will inquire and see if anything comes up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Gordon Kennett is a top bloke always prepared to have a chat

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Gordon Kennett is a top bloke always prepared to have a chat

Always one of my favourites and vastly underrated in my opinion.

• Like 1