British Speedway Forum

this surely puts a huge question mark about speedway being held at Poole this season...it appears the stadium needs the secondary spend to make the numbers work.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

The stadium is ear marked for flats , the council have been looking at the park and ride site at creekmoor . If it's a possible site for a stadium of any sort , to be partially funded by the developer 

I don't know the Poole area very well having been to about a dozen meetings over the last 10 years including one for the sidecars. I take it that creekmoor is a lot further from the station than the present stadium so if Speedway was moved there it would make it impossible for me to get to the meetings in the future. I know that my attendance in the past will not have kept the stadium in business but on everyone of my trips at least a dozen people joined me in the run to the station once racing had finished and I got the impression that they were regulars.

Edited by Chris116
Brain fade

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

The stadium is ear marked for flats , the council have been looking at the park and ride site at creekmoor . If it's a possible site for a stadium of any sort , to be partially funded by the developer 

The only area earmarked for properties in the Town Plan is part of the Lorry park and car park adjacent to the derelict office building fronting Wimborne Road.

the car park is used by hospital staff every day and that gets quite busy .we are not running bag meetings for greyhounds for economic reasons