British Speedway Forum

Where have they gone, anywhere nice, or does that statement have some other significance. A few more details might help.

19 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Gone, be afraid, be very afraid

4 minutes ago, pvm said:

Where have they gone, anywhere nice, or does that statement have some other significance. A few more details might help.

A vague hint PERHAPS in regard to the stadium's future plans?

5 minutes ago, gustix said:

A vague hint PERHAPS in regard to the stadium's future plans?

Oh, It was certainly vague, I'll give you that..

Edited by pvm

If you go to "greyhound star" website there is a letter from the well known stadium owners to the greyhound trainers (sorry I can not post a link)

The letter actually says they propose to resume greyhound racing at Poole when the public are allowed back in, a far cry from the implication of the original post.

• Like 1

Poole Greyhound Stadium closed until further notice, until public is allowed to attend

So no different to the Speedway then 

Edited by daz9100

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

If you go to "greyhound star" website there is a letter from the well known stadium owners to the greyhound trainers (sorry I can not post a link)

Do you mean Poole Council as they are the stadium owners.

2 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

No, Gaming International.

Means nothing then as its not theirs to sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sotonian said:

Do you mean Poole Council as they are the stadium owners.

Gaming international only lease the stadium and sub lease to the speedway, the owners were the Poole council who have supported speedway through think and thin. What is worrying is that Poole council no longer exist now that Poole, Christchurch & Bournemouth have merged into to one known as BCP. I hope that the new authority has the same attitude to the sport, I am very concerned  this might not be the case, hope I'm wrong

With Gaming International presumably still having to pay BCP Council some form of rental fee for the lease, with no income at all apart from the currently very underused car park,  then that may well have longer term implications on the stadium's future - especially if they renege on the lease and the Council take it back.

Incidentally the Ford family and several Poole Speedway sponsors still have very good relationships with the new Council.

The stadium is ear marked for flats , the council have been looking at the park and ride site at creekmoor . If it's a possible site for a stadium of any sort , to be partially funded by the developer