British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pleasureboy60

1987 National Junior League-Central section

Gosh! Cut and paste mentioned but not 'the Kodak Brownie'!!

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

Gosh! Cut and paste mentioned but not 'the Kodak Brownie'!!

Oh dear. Melt down. You jealous he was a better rider and photographer than you ?

perfect, thanks so much for the info :t:

i never kept any records etc from my riding, no progs or anything .. i didn't do much but i'm proud of what i did with the resources and i had a lot of fun

On 5/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, pleasureboy60 said:

I'm looking for details of the 1987 National Junior League - Central Section. I know Peterborough Skoda Cubs and Boston Piranhas both had teams and matches consisted of 7 heats. Any more information would be invaluable. 

I know there are a whole bunch of heat results on the Speedway Researcher website.....I just checked a few, Long Eaton isn't there but I know Boston, Mildy are out there, didn't check the rest.

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/

18 hours ago, andout said:

I know there are a whole bunch of heat results on the Speedway Researcher website.....I just checked a few, Long Eaton isn't there but I know Boston, Mildy are out there, didn't check the rest.

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/

I've not looked, but I don't think 'researcher' included send halves did they?

47 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Yes researcher try to get ALL the results from meetings including every extra race and second halves....most of the results pleasureboy wants are out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

As far as 1987 is concerned, ten National League clubs are represented on Researcher. Only one, Glasgow/Workington, carries any junior details. Only five clubs have files for 1986, again only the Glasgow file carries any junior details.

Good luck to anyone hunting down any junior results, I have files I've been working on for ten years plus that I'm still trying to locate results and heat details for.

Guest compost

Have you tried looking for result details in the old 'Speedway Surveys' annuals ?

I know Maurice was had some strange ideas but I do recollect some of the year books, at least, had Junior/Reserve League/Division 2 results in.

I think he did they '87 one retrospectively so it contained more information than some of the others.

6 hours ago, compost said:

Have you tried looking for result details in the old 'Speedway Surveys' annuals ?

I know Maurice was had some strange ideas but I do recollect some of the year books, at least, had Junior/Reserve League/Division 2 results in.

I think he did they '87 one retrospectively so it contained more information than some of the others.

The information I'm really after pre-dates the Speedway Surveys yearbooks,. In most cases it's heat details I want and the yearbooks didn't publish them. Having had a look at what I've got earlier, it's really ony the 1982 Anglia & Central, the 1984 Scottish and the 1985 Anglia junior leagues I'm missing basic results for.

Nodlew and I have been working on the 1982 Anglia Junior League results. We're left looking for 6 results if anyone can help, senior fixture in brackets if different:

03/09/1982 Peterborough v Leicester (Peterborough v Middlesbrough)

07/09/1982 Leicester v Mildenhall (Leicester v Cradley Heath)

21/09/1982 Leicester v Milton Keynes (Leicester v Sheffield)

21/09/1982 Milton Keynes v Peterborough

28/09/1982  Milton Keynes v Mildenhall

10/10/1982 Peterborough v Milton Keynes

Edited by daveallan81
updated

How Wonderful.1201098360_inghamspeedway.jpg.e1951131c4fd2ecadd37f8567f05e2b5.jpg

I raced twice for Exeter in 87.

no points second meeting at Canterbury - i flipped and broke my collar bone.

this has brought back some great memories.

look at the mullet!!

thanks

Leigh Ingham