British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Mark said:

How can a GP in Poland be different to the UK or Sweden for integrity.      And you are also missing the vital bit about conrolling the movement of a virus. 

I think we have our wires crossed, what I’m saying is that the integrity of the series will be compromised by having all the rounds in one country. And I agree, with the time left and the restrictions in place there can’t really be rounds in multiple countries due to the virus, hence my point about having a ‘World Final’ or leaving it until 2021. Others will disagree which is fine but that’s what I think and believe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Having all the rounds in Poland could have a detrimental effect on the Polish riders as there will be so much pressure on them to win

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we have our wires crossed, what I’m saying is that the integrity of the series will be compromised by having all the rounds in one country. And I agree, with the time left and the restrictions in place there can’t really be rounds in multiple countries due to the virus, hence my point about having a ‘World Final’ or leaving it until 2021. Others will disagree which is fine but that’s what I think and believe. 

We shall disagree but hope you enjoy the GP series.

• Like 2

How having 3/5/6 rounds in Poland have any less integrity than a one off World Final?

• Like 4

More rounds in Poland simply means the likelihood of a Polish champion increase.  Let's have a round at Eastbourne and see how they do :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

More rounds in Poland simply means the likelihood of a Polish champion increase.  Let's have a round at Eastbourne and see how they do :D

:t:

All the riders in the GP with the exception of Martin Smolinski (no offence to anyone but MS isn't going to win it) ride and are based there.  They all know the Ekstraliga tracks and it seems a pretty level playing field to me.  It's an exceptional year and IMO could do worse than have a GP at each Ektraliga track (maybe swap Rybnik for Torun) making 8 Gps. Just my opinion of course. :t:

Edited by Shockster
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shockster said:

All the riders in the GP with the exception of Martin Smolinski (no offence to anyone but MS isn't going to win it) ride and are based there.  They all know the Ekstraliga tracks and it seems a pretty level playing field to me.  It's an exceptional year and IMO could do worse than have a GP at each Ektraliga track (maybe swap Rybnik for Torun) making 8 Gps. Just my opinion of course. :t:

Surely Martin Smolinski has a 15/1 chance the same as everyone else in the field. To write off anyones chances before a wheel has been turned is just plain daft, even moreso in the current circumstances.

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

Surely Martin Smolinski has a 15/1 chance the same as everyone else in the field. To write off anyones chances before a wheel has been turned is just plain daft, even moreso in the current circumstances.

All about opinions but as he is recovering from broken bones and never consistently been able to live with the big boys I'm very confident he'll be in the bottom 2 or 3. If you believe he has a 15/1 chance of winning it. Please don't ever gamble. :rolleyes:

15 riders so they all start equally, so have a 1 in 15 chance of winning, Say for instance in the 1st round of heats in the 1st GP  Lindgren, Woffinden, Madsen and Zmarzlik all got injured and were out for the season. You could say its highly unlikely but stranger things happen so who would win the World Title then ?  I can tell you who will, one of the others ! but nobody knows which one, just as nobody knows who out of the 15 will win.

We all have our opinions Triple H, but Smolinski has not got as much chance as the others. Form tells you that. 

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

He has no chance of winning a World Title.

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

15 riders so they all start equally, so have a 1 in 15 chance of winning, Say for instance in the 1st round of heats in the 1st GP  Lindgren, Woffinden, Madsen and Zmarzlik all got injured and were out for the season. You could say its highly unlikely but stranger things happen so who would win the World Title then ?  I can tell you who will, one of the others ! but nobody knows which one, just as nobody knows who out of the 15 will win.

Please share this wisdom with the bookmakers, so we can all get rich.

Due to ongoing global health concerns and crowd restrictions in Russia and Germany in light of COVID-19, we regret to announce that the 2020 Russian FIM Speedway Grand Prix and 2020 Aztorin German FIM Speedway Grand Prix have been cancelled. 

The events were scheduled to take place at Anatoly Stepanov Stadium on August 29 and Teterow’s Bergring Arena later this year respectively.
 The decisions were made after careful consideration and consultation with the FIM, BSI Speedway and the local venues, as well as MFR in Russia and DMSB in Germany, with the health and safety of supporters, riders and staff remaining the top priority.

Following discussions with the Anatoly Stepanov Stadium and Bergring Arena, we are pleased to announce that both the Russian FIM Speedway Grand Prix and the Aztorin German FIM Speedway Grand Prix will return in 2021. The Aztorin German FIM Speedway Grand Prix will take place on Saturday, May 22, while the Russian FIM Speedway Grand Prix’s timing will be announced at a later date.

Paul Bellamy, Managing Director & SVP of Motorsports at IMG said: “We are disappointed to be cancelling two of our most popular events, but we look forward to sharing more detail in the coming weeks about the 2020 World Championship contingency plan we’re developing with the FIM, involving a minimum of eight FIM Speedway Grand Prix events. In the meantime, we thank our fans for their continued support of the series, and we look forward to returning to Russia and Germany in 2021.”