British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, par_darrell said:

On just Wroclaw or the whole GP series ?

2 minutes ago, par_darrell said:

On just Wroclaw or the whole GP series ?

Wroclaw

• Like 1

Hotels and flights do not have to refund because the GP is cancelled.  If flying with Ryanair I think passengers can amend the flight without charge.

You can change for free on bookings made after June 10th for flights in July and August for flights up to the end of the year

2 hours ago, par_darrell said:

You can change for free on bookings made after June 10th for flights in July and August for flights up to the end of the year

Thanks for explaining, I had the wrong thought in my head.   GP or no GP everyone is contracted to hotel and flights.   No rush to let travellers know about the GP but understand the frustration.  Later the better as there may be a chance to increase the capacity.     But I think it will be moved to September.

Edited by Mark

SGP not doing themselves any good with these explanations. Its obvious with 25% crowds in there are simply not viable to run. I understand them waiting to later in the year to get this series on but let us know your plans. Like I said earlier we are fully booked for Torun in October and have only just had to alter our flights due to flight changes and cancellations as we don't want to loose hotel money.

Just some info on what they are planning would be nice.

• Like 1

Maybe 1 off (or 2 nights) in Warsaw end of the season would have been the way to go. 

1 hour ago, RPNY said:

Maybe 1 off (or 2 nights) in Warsaw end of the season would have been the way to go. 

No chance.  The venue would cost a fortune to hire and set up.     It will have to be tracks that are permanent  

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

No chance.  The venue would cost a fortune to hire and set up.     It will have to be tracks that are permanent  

AGREE ... double header in Prague, three double headers in Poland would be my guess (and it is exactly that)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AGREE ... double header in Prague, three double headers in Poland would be my guess (and it is exactly that)

I hope not, I know its unprecedented times but 6 of the 8 rounds of a world championship in one country would be a bit of joke.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, screm said:

These are latest updates on the lifting of restrictions in Prague, fair to say by the time we get to September and further lifting of restrictions, a Czech GP double header is entirely possible.

https://www.pragueexperience.com/information/coronavirus.asp

Depends on what the first meeting was like as to whether I would want to watch a second meeting, Prague GP can be iffy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Depends on what the first meeting was like as to whether I would want to watch a second meeting, Prague GP can be iffy.

Yes two nights in Prague ... One for Speedway and one for everything else that Prague can offer ... Is always the best way of doing it. 

Just because BSI may choose to spread their GP as thin as wartime marg over two nights (at double cost) is no reason to go to both when you in such a fantastic city.

22 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

4 double headers at Bydgoszcz please.

• Like 1