British Speedway Forum

I have absolutely no idea of where/when/how....but I would think...possibly Prague...LESZNO...BYDGOSZCZ...TORUN....possibly GORZOW...2 matches in each Polska rounds

2 hours ago, spiegal said:

I have absolutely no idea of where/when/how....but I would think...possibly Prague...LESZNO...BYDGOSZCZ...TORUN....possibly GORZOW...2 matches in each Polska rounds

DEFINITELY not Bydgoszcz this year (shame) ... Torun and Wroclaw surely with a number of options for a third Polish venue if required. Prague still a likely double header weekend. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DEFINITELY not Bydgoszcz this year (shame) ... Torun and Wroclaw surely with a number of options for a third Polish venue if required. Prague still a likely double header weekend. 

Can't see how they can justify a round at Wroclaw when they've just cancelled the original event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Can't see how they can justify a round at Wroclaw when they've just cancelled the original event.

AUGUST 1st is too soon if the intention is to run six SPGs in Poland over three weeks and hopefully with a 50 per cent crowd capacity.

I know things are changing on a regular bases regarding easing of lock down restrictions etc and that is out of the control of BSI but I think BSI need to make about where SGP is to go and when. If they want people there to watch, even a percentage of a full stadium, then people need to make arrangements.

1 hour ago, screm said:

I know things are changing on a regular bases regarding easing of lock down restrictions etc and that is out of the control of BSI but I think BSI need to make about where SGP is to go and when. If they want people there to watch, even a percentage of a full stadium, then people need to make arrangements.

The Polish will go.

Roll up! Roll up! for the BSI Championship of Eastern Europe sponsored by Monster Energy 

Edited by willstaxi
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark said:

The Polish will go.

Indeed they will but it would be nice for the rest of us to have a chance to.

34 minutes ago, screm said:

Indeed they will but it would be nice for the rest of us to have a chance to.

THAT decision is in the hands of the various governments not the FIM, BSI or PZM...

• Like 2

Question, if a mini series does happen what about 2021? There's certain not to be any 2021 qualifiers as you can't just have Ekstraliga rider's doing those. So will it be the same 15 for 2 years? 

Edited by Daniel Smith

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Question, if a mini series does happen what about 2021? There's certain not to be any 2021 qualifiers as you can't just have Ekstraliga rider's doing those. So will it be the same 15 for 2 years? 

GOOD question ...

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Keep same 15 is the only option unless they do a weird wild card draw.

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Very probably yes, though with the winner of the European Championships getting one place there could be one change there.

What would happen if say Leon Madsen win the Europeans, would second place in that competition get a GP place.

17 minutes ago, screm said:

Very probably yes, though with the winner of the European Championships getting one place there could be one change there.

What would happen if say Leon Madsen win the Europeans, would second place in that competition get a GP place.

2020 rules.

The winner of the 2020 FIME Speedway European Championship will be directly qualified for the following years SGP Series. • Should a Rider who has qualified from the FIME Speedway European Championship also be in the top 6 of the Final Overall SGP Classification of that year, or the top 3 Riders from the FIM SGP World Championship Qualification Meetings (Art. 71a) then an extra additional rider will be nominated by the SGP Commission.

• Like 2

Well I can certainly understand they would want at least a 50% crowd in for these events.

I'm just hoping that if Torun does run with a double GP we would at least be guaranteed attending one as we have already got tickets and everything else booked up and paid for.