British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, H20 said:

I've just done a quote on my money supermarket and insurance cover is readily available and not very expensive at all it also covers you fully for covid 19 both before you travel and during your stay.

Buying them is easy....claiming is something else....but by all means go ahead...

• Like 1

See the Czech football league has finished early after only restarting on May 25, due to a Covid outbreak !!! Will this have any influence on other sport in the country I wonder

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/07/the-czech-championship-finally-stopped-because-of-the-coronavirus.html

Edited by iris123

If controls were put in place supposedly to control COVID-19 and they have not done that then yes, I think it is likely to affect other sports. I Presume they have looked at what went wrong, what was weak, and what could strengthen the controls, and come to the conclusion to shut down.  Look at Poland speedway, couple got tested +ve even though controls were in place.

i surprised football has been allowed to start, after all its a contact sport on the playing field. At least in speedway riders have virtually full body covering whilst riding, it’s what goes on in the pits and offices etc that is likely to be weak areas.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Looking at cases it does seem they are having another peak. Although it seems to be happening  in other places too as tourists come and go etc. We are getting a rise again here as people come from or back from other areas. It is only small atm but they are talking of testing people at the airport from certain destinations like Turkey. France I think are talking of closing their border with Spain again. I do hope we are not on the way back to stricter lockdown

15 hours ago, iris123 said:

See the Czech football league has finished early after only restarting on May 25, due to a Covid outbreak !!! Will this have any influence on other sport in the country I wonder

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/07/the-czech-championship-finally-stopped-because-of-the-coronavirus.html

Not helped by this :

https://news.expats.cz/coronavirus-in-the-czech-republic/czech-republic-coronavirus-updates-july-22-212-new-cases/

More than 120 people are in quarantine following a party at a nightclub in Prague 2, where 59 people fell ill with coronavirus, according to a report in Seznam Zpravy. Several football players from Prague’s Bohemka, Sparta and Dukla were at the party and became infected as well, interrupting their summer training. There are more than 600 cases of coronavirus in Prague.”

Heaven knows what they were (not ?) thinking 

• Like 2

Confirmed:

• 28 - 29 August, Poland (Olympic Stadium, Wroclaw)
  • 11 - 12 September, Poland (Edward Jancarz Stadium, Gorzow)
  • 18 - 19 September, Czech Republic (Marketa Stadium, Prague)
  • 2 October, TBC
  • 3 October, Poland (Marian Rose Motoarena, Torun)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what i posted on the Wroclaw 2020 thread

Just wonder if Wroclaw are being slightly clever here. Keeping the majority of the  money paid for a year. It would not surprise me if Wroclaw in fact is one of the venues for the revised GP series at the back end of this season. 2 meetings on consecutive days with 50% stadium capacity.

Am i clever or am i clever :D

Google translation of article on Wroclaw website.

"Soon we will provide information on ticket sales for two rounds of Betard Wrocław FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland. At the same time, we would like to remind you that tickets purchased for the competition, which were originally supposed to take place on August 1, remain valid for the new date of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland in 2021 and do not entitle you to enter the competition in 2020."

Edited by racers and royals

57 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

...Wrocław FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland. ...we would like to remind you that tickets purchased for the competition, which were originally supposed to take place on August 1, remain valid for the new date of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix of Poland in 2021 and do not entitle you to enter the competition in 2020.

It's just a huge financial black hole...money is expected to go in, and nothing comes out.  I've still not seen or heard anything about how to claim a refund on the Wroclaw ticket that I have, and I feel sorry for those who had tickets for Vojens. BSI have made the decision and the host track are left to pick up the pieces. Hopefully all those needing refunds will get them sooner rather than later, but this is all looking rather shambolic to me. It says something when you can get a refund off Ryanair (2 refunds in fact) quicker than you can get one for a cancelled speedway meeting.

• Like 1

I've been trying without success to get a refund for my 2 Prague tickets...anyone managed to get a refund and if so, how ???

Have I completely missed something, how is the maximum points on offer to a rider 20 points on one night? Always used to be 7 rides x 3 points = 21 points

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it anywhere

They have introduced fixed ‘championship points’ for the classification.

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Have I completely missed something, how is the maximum points on offer to a rider 20 points on one night? Always used to be 7 rides x 3 points = 21 points

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it anywhere

2 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

They have introduced fixed ‘championship points’ for the classification.

Art 9.1 of the GP Regulations:

At the conclusion of each meeting, a Final Meeting Classification will be produced, showing the SGP points achieved by each participating Rider.
After Heat 20, there will be an Intermediate Classification showing the 1st to 18th place according to the total Race points each Rider has scored during the Main Event.
Positions 1st to 4th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the result of the Final (Heat 23).
Positions 5th to 8th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the results from the Semi Finals (Heat 21 & 22).
The 2 Riders who finish 3rd in each of the Semi Finals will be 5th and 6th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 5th and the lower ranked rider 6th. This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 6th in the final meeting classification.
The 2 Riders who finish 4th in each of the Semi Finals will be 7th and 8th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 7th and the lower ranked rider 8th. This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 8th in the final meeting classification.
Positions 9th to 18th will be according to the Intermediate Classification after 20 heats.
Race points scored during the Main Event (Heats 1-20 will be awarded on the following basis:
• For first place – 3 points
• For second place – 2 points
• For third place – 1 point
• For fourth place – 0 points
• Riders score no points for M-R-F-T-d-N.
In the case of a dead heat, combined points for the places must be shared equally between the Riders concerned.
The Final meeting classification will determine SGP points in the Overall Championship Classification.

1st
20pts
2nd
18pts
3rd
16pts
4th
14pts
5th
12pts
6th
11pts
7th
10pts
8th
9pts
9th
8pts
10th
7pts
11th
6pts
12th
5pts
13th
4pts
14th
3pts
15th
2pts
16th
1pt
17th
0pt
18th
0pt

Edited by NeilWatson

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 9.1 of the GP Regulations:

At the conclusion of each meeting, a Final Meeting Classification will be produced, showing the SGP points achieved by each participating Rider.
After Heat 20, there will be an Intermediate Classification showing the 1st to 18th place according to the total Race points each Rider has scored during the Main Event.
Positions 1st to 4th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the result of the Final (Heat 23).
Positions 5th to 8th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the results from the Semi Finals (Heat 21 & 22).
The 2 Riders who finish 3rd in each of the Semi Finals will be 5th and 6th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 5th and the lower ranked rider 6th. This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 6th in the final meeting classification.
The 2 Riders who finish 4th in each of the Semi Finals will be 7th and 8th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 7th and the lower ranked rider 8th. This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 8th in the final meeting classification.
Positions 9th to 18th will be according to the Intermediate Classification after 20 heats.
Race points scored during the Main Event (Heats 1-20 will be awarded on the following basis:
• For first place – 3 points
• For second place – 2 points
• For third place – 1 point
• For fourth place – 0 points
• Riders score no points for M-R-F-T-d-N.
In the case of a dead heat, combined points for the places must be shared equally between the Riders concerned.
The Final meeting classification will determine SGP points in the Overall Championship Classification.

1st
20pts
2nd
18pts
3rd
16pts
4th
14pts
5th
12pts
6th
11pts
7th
10pts
8th
9pts
9th
8pts
10th
7pts
11th
6pts
12th
5pts
13th
4pts
14th
3pts
15th
2pts
16th
1pt
17th
0pt
18th
0pt

That's a shame. I liked the scoring.

I guess it solves the anomaly of the winner not always being top scorer though.

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

That's a shame. I liked the scoring.

I guess it solves the anomaly of the winner not always being top scorer though.

And now gives someone who could score 9 points in 20  heats- 20 points on the night. It`s does nothing to improve the GP. Previously every race counted, now not so.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1