British Speedway Forum

Anyone who was planning Toruń... just had notification that Ryanair have cancelled my return Bydgoszcz to Birmingham flight on the Monday :(

edit - looks like that route is now only Saturday and Thursday 

Edited by tomhaines

On 7/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, tomhaines said:

Anyone who was planning Toruń... just had notification that Ryanair have cancelled my return Bydgoszcz to Birmingham flight on the Monday :(

edit - looks like that route is now only Saturday and Thursday 

Stansted > Bydgoszcz Friday to Sunday still on

On 7/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, hardtobeat said:

We have tickets for Prague booked already - does anyone know what the procedure will be yet? Have seen that currently no more than 1000 people will be allowed at gatherings in Czech, how will they decide who can and can’t go into the stadium if tickets have already been purchased? 

We haven’t yet rebooked flights/hotels etc as it is still so up in the air. 

I had tickets for Prague but took the option weeks ago to take vouchers for next years GP, hopefully by then we will be free to travel without restriction and have a full stadium. As you point out with current restrictions in Czech  there must be a question mark over having a full stadium this year and anyway any kind of second spike in this Country could see the Czech`s close their border to anyone flying from this Country. To many question marks for me to travel this year, hoping for better next year.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, spiegal said:

We got tickets for Torun and were hoping two nights 50% crowd we would at least get into one GP.

Edited by H20

9 hours ago, H20 said:

We got tickets for Torun and were hoping two nights 50% crowd we would at least get into one GP.

Likewise. According to the SGP official website the event on the Friday before Toruń is at a place called ?TBC. Does anyone have any wild speculation where this may turn out to be? 

3 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Likewise. According to the SGP official website the event on the Friday before Toruń is at a place called ?TBC. Does anyone have any wild speculation where this may turn out to be? 

Not sure it has to be wild- TORUN

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure it has to be wild- TORUN

Thanks, wild speculation was a bit tongue in cheek, just wondered why the website doesn’t say so. 

10 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Thanks, wild speculation was a bit tongue in cheek, just wondered why the website doesn’t say so. 

Because the robbing barstewards are still writing the press release which will read something like this.

" We are sorry but in these unprecedented  times we have found it impossible to be able to work to 50% capacity on both days from the tickets purchased for the GP on Saturday October 3rd.We have therefore reluctantly decided that all tickets purchased will be valid for the 2021  Torun GP which takes place on Saturday October 2nd 2021. If anyone cannot make the 2021 staging  refund details will follow. Ticket sales for the reduced capacity stadium on the Friday and Saturday 2nd/3rd October will go on sale shortly. We hope our faithful Speedway fans around the World will understand the decision we had to make. " 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Indeed. The logistics of trying to sort out who can be admitted to the stadium, on which night and for which seats, from those who purchased tickets for the original event are virtually impossible. Similar for Prague should capacity be reduced there.

I’m trying to get my head round the new scoring system as it is, without all this too. I can see me still working out my scorecard while the final is being run :( 

2 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Indeed. The logistics of trying to sort out who can be admitted to the stadium, on which night and for which seats, from those who purchased tickets for the original event are virtually impossible. Similar for Prague should capacity be reduced there.

I’m trying to get my head round the new scoring system as it is, without all this too. I can see me still working out my scorecard while the final is being run :( 

Start with the riders who don`t get through to the semi`s and rank them- they will score from 8 to 1 then with the following in mind score the others as you go along from 20,18,16,14,12,11,10, and 9- Easy

Positions 1 st to 4 th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the result of the Final (Heat 23).

Positions 5th to 8th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the results from the Semi Finals (Heat 21 & 22).

The 2 Riders who finish 3rd in each of the Semi Finals will be 5th and 6th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 5th and the lower ranked rider 6th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 6th in the final meeting classification.

The 2 Riders who finish 4th in each of the Semi Finals will be 7th and 8th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship 29 Intermediate Classification 7th and the lower ranked rider 8th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 8th in the final meeting classification.

Positions 9th to 18th will be according to the Intermediate Classification after 20 heats.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Start with the riders who don`t get through to the semi`s and rank them- they will score from 8 to 1 then with the following in mind score the others as you go along from 20,18,16,14,12,11,10, and 9- Easy

Positions 1 st to 4 th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the result of the Final (Heat 23).

Positions 5th to 8th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the results from the Semi Finals (Heat 21 & 22).

The 2 Riders who finish 3rd in each of the Semi Finals will be 5th and 6th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 5th and the lower ranked rider 6th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 6th in the final meeting classification.

The 2 Riders who finish 4th in each of the Semi Finals will be 7th and 8th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship 29 Intermediate Classification 7th and the lower ranked rider 8th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 8th in the final meeting classification.

Positions 9th to 18th will be according to the Intermediate Classification after 20 heats.

Starting with the word easy and then continuing the story for a full novel's length brings us back to it being easy.

• Haha 1

Thanks R & R for taking the time to post that. Hopefully it is easier to administer on the night than it is to understand in print. I predict many a spoilt scorecard. :)

Edited by Tactical Joker

32 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Thanks R & R for taking the time to post that. Hopefully it is easier to administer on the night than it is to understand in print. I predict many a spoilt scorecard. :)

At least the Referees will be OK. :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

At least the Referees will be OK. :D

Could that be the software that Sam Ermolenko keeps endorsing ?!!( other software available- but not so good) :D

58 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Could that be the software that Sam Ermolenko keeps endorsing ?!!( other software available- but not so good) :D

Well it makes a change from him and Rowe endorsing One Sport.  ;-)