British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

I suppose Nige and Kelv never praise BSI/FIM ;)

Never directly. Certainly not the like the lengthy lecture we got on the subject of the pairs competition when it was rightly criticised for being a pointless addition to a crowded international schedule. There was a lesser case this year. I've comments such as "We have to thank One Sport for their superb organisation ". I can't recall ever having heard BSI  being mentioned by Pearson & Tatum. 

I haven't heard this kind of endorsement in other sports that I follow from the commentary teams which should be there to serve the viewer and channel, not the event organisers. 

No doubt there'll be another lecture to come in due course. 

Bias takes many forms. The job of a commentary team is to report on what they observe, not be spokesmen for the organisers. 

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Never directly. Certainly not the like the lengthy lecture we got on the subject of the pairs competition when it was rightly criticised for being a pointless addition to a crowded international schedule. There was a lesser case this year. I've comments such as "We have to thank One Sport for their superb organisation ". I can't recall ever having heard BSI  being mentioned by Pearson & Tatum. 

I haven't heard this kind of endorsement in other sports that I follow from the commentary teams which should be there to serve the viewer and channel, not the event organisers. 

Bias takes many forms. The job of a commentary team is to report on what they observe, not be spokesmen for the organisers. 

I think you will find that certainly during the qualifying programmes they were very reluctant to say what a farce it was when half the field were only  there. It was always fantastic the qualifying was happening.

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think you will find that certainly during the qualifying programmes they were very reluctant to say what a farce it was when half the field were only  there. It was always fantastic the qualifying was happening.

What qualifying?

Asking riders on live tv what theu think about the organizer and how great they think the organizer is... not cool IMO.

Just now, f-s-p said:

What qualifying?

Asking riders on live tv what theu think about the organizer and how great they think the organizer is... not cool IMO.

GP Friday qualifying and it`s not riders we are talking about but commentators.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

GP Friday qualifying and it`s not riders we are talking about but commentators.

I’d forgotten they had that... So with that stupid new points system introduced because all other sports have it, is qualifying  compulsory from now on like it is with other disciplines?

Edited by f-s-p

Seems the new cases of Covid hit a new daily record (Poland) yesterday. What with all the problems around Europe, well mainly in the UK, but not only, we could end up with new stricter regs coming in

Edited by iris123

39 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Seems the new cases of Covid hit a new daily record (Poland) yesterday. What with all the problems around Europe, well mainly in the UK, but not only, we could end up with new stricter regs coming in

I googled it.   https://uk.news.yahoo.com/poland-may-reimpose-quarantine-travel-115445379.html

Most cases were in the Silesia region which has Wroclaw as the capital.   But the people who caught it were mainly coal miners.    Polish government thinking about beefing up the laws or imposing quarantine on some visitors.   This is not good news and not going away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Start with the riders who don`t get through to the semi`s and rank them- they will score from 8 to 1 then with the following in mind score the others as you go along from 20,18,16,14,12,11,10, and 9- Easy

Positions 1 st to 4 th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the result of the Final (Heat 23).

Positions 5th to 8th in the Final Meeting Classification will be according to the results from the Semi Finals (Heat 21 & 22).

The 2 Riders who finish 3rd in each of the Semi Finals will be 5th and 6th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from Intermediate Classification 5th and the lower ranked rider 6th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 6th in the final meeting classification.

The 2 Riders who finish 4th in each of the Semi Finals will be 7th and 8th in the Final Meeting Classification, with the higher ranked rider from FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship 29 Intermediate Classification 7th and the lower ranked rider 8th .

This rule will apply if both riders complete, or fail to complete the Semi Final. If only one of these riders fail to complete the Semi Final for any reason, he will be placed 8th in the final meeting classification.

Positions 9th to 18th will be according to the Intermediate Classification after 20 heats.

Why not just have another heat?

The 3rd and 4th from both semis race off for positions five to eight..

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

I googled it.   https://uk.news.yahoo.com/poland-may-reimpose-quarantine-travel-115445379.html

Most cases were in the Silesia region which has Wroclaw as the capital.   But the people who caught it were mainly coal miners.    Polish government thinking about beefing up the laws or imposing quarantine on some visitors.   This is not good news and not going away.

Didn’t find anything specific. Interesting. The figure for 01.08 was even higher than in that article though and possibly still on the rise then

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Why not just have another heat?

The 3rd and 4th from both semis race off for positions five to eight..

They have enough trouble keeping to the TV schedule with the 23 heats let alone having an extra race.

Just now, racers and royals said:

They have enough trouble keeping to the TV schedule with the 23 heats let alone having an extra race.

They could put an extra 5 minutes on the TV schedule.

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

That is the advice and information we had...That area is sadly now having far more cases..Thus we cancelled Wroclaw some weeks ago..also Gorzow and Prague...we are now considering Torun..we will ONLY travel if the FCO and local experts consider the area not under threat....life is too short to take stupid risks whatever the past enjoyments.

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You didn’t enjoy the Pairs? I’d never have guessed!

What's the new scoring system?