British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I googled it.   https://uk.news.yahoo.com/poland-may-reimpose-quarantine-travel-115445379.html

Most cases were in the Silesia region which has Wroclaw as the capital.   But the people who caught it were mainly coal miners.    Polish government thinking about beefing up the laws or imposing quarantine on some visitors.   This is not good news and not going away.

The numbers I saw had the region that Wroclaw is capital of (Dolnośląskie) with fairly low numbers of new cases, 16 today.

The region with high numbers was Śląskie which has Katowice as its capital.

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's the new scoring system? 

Back to fixed points based on finishing positions in the GP.

20 for 1st, then 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

20 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Well it makes a change from him and Rowe endorsing One Sport.  ;-)

20 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Never directly. Certainly not the like the lengthy lecture we got on the subject of the pairs competition when it was rightly criticised for being a pointless addition to a crowded international schedule. There was a lesser case this year. I've comments such as "We have to thank One Sport for their superb organisation ". I can't recall ever having heard BSI  being mentioned by Pearson & Tatum. 

I haven't heard this kind of endorsement in other sports that I follow from the commentary teams which should be there to serve the viewer and channel, not the event organisers. 

No doubt there'll be another lecture to come in due course. 

Bias takes many forms. The job of a commentary team is to report on what they observe, not be spokesmen for the organisers. 

12 hours ago, david_rowe said:

You didn’t enjoy the Pairs? I’d never have guessed!

"Absolutely no point in making it difficult for him to post here by insulting his employers excessively, unless that's what you enjoy. It's just a matter of using a bit of intelligence and, if it's not too much to ask, respect?"

B)

22 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Well it makes a change from him and Rowe endorsing One Sport.  ;-)

He who pays the Piper, calls the tune?

11 hours ago, HenryW said:

Back to fixed points based on finishing positions in the GP.

20 for 1st, then 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

I see, so we've gone back to someone scraping the semi-final on 7 points being able to win 20, oh dear. 

With that scoring system we may as well fix bigger fuel tanks, chuck all 16 riders on track & run 50 laps. That's the only good option for that system. 

I just think now we won't have rider's going all out for it in every heat. They now know score 8 points and you can win it. 

One thing it now comes down to is gating in the last heat decider, but, a plus point is Zmarzlik's in danger as he was all about winning every heat with shear speed. That's no longer important. 

I prefer the “you score what you score” system personally. Madsen would have won the world title had the incoming points system been in place last year interestingly. 

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

I prefer the “you score what you score” system personally. Madsen would have won the world title had the incoming points system been in place last year interestingly. 

Source for the last bit please ? He certainly would have beaten Lambert in the SEC  because i worked it out.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Source for the last bit please ? He certainly would have beaten Lambert in the SEC  because i worked it out.

No source I just did the sums myself when the new system was announced to see if anything would have changed. 

Edit: Just did a quick recount - Madsen would have finished on 154 and Zmarzlik on 147. Madsen would have led Zmarzlik all the way until the Danish GP where Zmarzlik overtook him. Madsen would have retaken the lead in the next round at Cardiff however. 

Edited by Ben91

Due to the abysmal offerings on TV at present, hubby has decided he’d like to watch the GPS, who have the TV rights nowadays please.

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Due to the abysmal offerings on TV at present, hubby has decided he’d like to watch the GPS, who have the TV rights nowadays please.

BT Sport plus the SON

Hope they do the decent thing and allow fans that have already bought tickets to at least see one GP.

8 minutes ago, H20 said:

Hope they do the decent thing and allow fans that have already bought tickets to at least see one GP.

Nothing said yet but i think it will be more like what i posted on August 2nd.

Because the robbing barstewards are still writing the press release which will read something like this.

" We are sorry but in these unprecedented  times we have found it impossible to be able to work to 50% capacity on both days from the tickets purchased for the GP on Saturday October 3rd.We have therefore reluctantly decided that all tickets purchased will be valid for the 2021  Torun GP which takes place on Saturday October 2nd 2021. If anyone cannot make the 2021 staging  refund details will follow. Ticket sales for the reduced capacity stadium on the Friday and Saturday 2nd/3rd October will go on sale shortly. We hope our faithful Speedway fans around the World will understand the decision we had to make. "