British Speedway Forum

Still plenty of tickets left for Wroclaw. 

Any ideas on what`ll happen re- Torun GP. Have already bought tickets for saturday & will need to make changes to flights to watch both friday & saturday.

Any ideas when tickets for friday will go on sale & whether original saturday tickets will be valid?

50% capacity for Wroclaw,

could Torun be 100%?

Thanks for that R/R!

Just looked at Torun website & you can still buy tickets for this years Saturday GP!!! Which is not the case from what you have said above.

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Nothing said yet but i think it will be more like what i posted on August 2nd.

Because the robbing barstewards are still writing the press release which will read something like this.

" We are sorry but in these unprecedented  times we have found it impossible to be able to work to 50% capacity on both days from the tickets purchased for the GP on Saturday October 3rd.We have therefore reluctantly decided that all tickets purchased will be valid for the 2021  Torun GP which takes place on Saturday October 2nd 2021. If anyone cannot make the 2021 staging  refund details will follow. Ticket sales for the reduced capacity stadium on the Friday and Saturday 2nd/3rd October will go on sale shortly. We hope our faithful Speedway fans around the World will understand the decision we had to make. " 

I sadly agree that might be there first option, but how can they justify having the event on the same night and not being able to sort the tickets out. The event is only 1700 tickets from selling out so it could be done if they want to. Would be a kick in the teeth to fans like us all booked up (just like other GP's cancelled) with flights and hotels booked to now have to try and buy tickets again for the same event.

Just hope for once they do actually think of the fans.

Just on another issue there did seem to be quite a good crowd in Wroclaw last night for there meeting so they are building the numbers up.

My information from a usually reliable source is that POLAND is currently experiencing a worrying surge of COVID-19 and that the UK officials may well commence restrictions and travel advise from the end of this week....

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, spiegal said:

My information from a usually reliable source is that POLAND is currently experiencing a worrying surge of COVID-19 and that the UK officials may well commence restrictions and travel advise from the end of this week....

Quite a few other continental places as well look like coming on to the list.

Yes looking at the figures and Denmark is currently seeing a large rise in numbers

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Yes looking at the figures and Denmark is currently seeing a large rise in numbers

With more testing comes larger sums of confirmed cases.  Reading the internet it seems the Poles are not panicing yet.  No lockdown even locally in the affected mining areas.   We have lock down in the UK such as Aberdeen, Leicester and Preston so we are worse off than them.

4 hours ago, spiegal said:

If your source is right I'm amazed the UK are considering restrictions to/from Poland when the Poles have a much lower problem than ourselves.  

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

With more testing comes larger sums of confirmed cases.  Reading the internet it seems the Poles are not panicing yet.  No lockdown even locally in the affected mining areas.   We have lock down in the UK such as Aberdeen, Leicester and Preston so we are worse off than them.

But I think that is a problem with the UK government that they don’t seem to be consistent at home and abroad with who goes on the list

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

But I think that is a problem with the UK government that they don’t seem to be consistent at home and abroad with who goes on the list

They're just making it up as they go along...

7 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

They're just making it up as they go along...

We've not had Covid before.    Every government is making it up as they go along.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

We've not had Covid before.    Every government is making it up as they go along.

There have been pandemics before, and there has been planning for them - for many years in fact.

But for some reason this time, governments are taking panicky knee-jerk reactions to every development, even though these are in many cases entirely predictable. And the UK government has been amongst the worst for its inconsistency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

There have been pandemics before, and there has been planning for them - for many years in fact.

But for some reason this time, governments are taking panicky knee-jerk reactions to every development, even though these are in many cases entirely predictable. And the UK government has been amongst the worst for its inconsistency.

you are a wiser owl than the majority then.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Only took about 6 months for the majority of the Finnish population to forget last winter/spring and we are now back to restrictions regarding travel. Harder in fact than 6 months ago.

23 hours ago, Mark said:

you are a wiser owl than the majority then.

That would be a first for HA.

Edited by Grand Central