British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Shouldn’t have taken those years away from the GP when he was arguably the best rider in the world. 

Agreed, possibly shows a lack of really wanting it which may explain why he's challenging Leigh Adams for title of best rider never to win.

IMO that is an upgrade for the GP-series, hope to see Mikkel Michelsen (not Michael) do well.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, spiegal said:

My information from a usually reliable source is that POLAND is currently experiencing a worrying surge of COVID-19 and that the UK officials may well commence restrictions and travel advise from the end of this week....

And the introduction of quarantine for those returning from Croatia (where the GP Challenge takes place tomorrow) underlines the wisdom of your decision not to attempt to organise any tours for the rest of this season.

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see how hard the riders will go in this years GP, with it being a condensed series, rounds being held back to back and a couple of them only a week apart it may pay off to be a steady eddy and not pick up any injuries as if they do they'll virtually have no time to recover

Important info from Torun- Saturday`s tickets purchased are valid.

Importantly, tickets purchased earlier on October 3 remain valid.

Come and see live who will become the Individual World Champion!

On August 24, 2020, Klub Sportowy Toruń SA starts selling tickets for 2020 TORUN FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND, which will take place on October 2 - only via the website (from 10.00): www.kstorun.kupbilety.pl.

• Like 1

I presume a lot more than 7277 tickets have already been sold for the 3rd? Any ideas what the outcome will be there?

I'm guessing it's half capacity on Friday and full on Saturday? Doesn't seem to make much sense. 

3 hours ago, OML said:

I'm guessing it's half capacity on Friday and full on Saturday? Doesn't seem to make much sense. 

Unless someone corrects me that would be illigal as it's 50% crowd allowance in Poland at the moment. 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:56 AM, iainb said:

He's definitely up there isn't he. Tommy spent most of his career riding in semi-professional leagues though, both Leigh and Emil in professional leagues. For me it's:

I'm late to this chat and am intrigued by this comment.
Semi-professional leagues? Is that about the UK in the 80s or am I misunderstanding?
If it IS, does this mean that riders like Bruce, Erik and Hans have lesser World Titles than modern riders?

On 8/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

GIVEN his number of SGP wins I think Emil already is ...

Despite being a huge fan of Emil, he has less SGP wins than Leigh, so I'm scratching my head at this comment.

I'll add a suggestion for best that never won, which I expect will get little love....Jarek Hampel.
The boy was a regular near the top of the averages in Poland but, like Tommy K, suffered badly from injuries at the wrong time and missed a few seasons due to an excess of Polish riders already in the series, so no wildcards for him....

On 8/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, iainb said:

Certainly during one of those season's he wasn't in the GP's he appeared to be better than Woffy who won the title.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, Ben91 said:

Shouldn’t have taken those years away from the GP when he was arguably the best rider in the world. 

Emil had 3 years out of the GP series...2014, 15 and 16.

2014 he had a slightly better average than Tai in the Ekstraliga, but Tai came 4th in the SGP series that year.

The only year that Emil missed where Tai won was 2015. Tai was 2nd in the Ekstraliga averages that year while Emil was 12th. 

Polish league averages obviously don't tell us everything, but I'm not sure that Emil was the best any year where he sat out the GP series. Ekstraliga averages suggest he was at, or close to, his worst those years...

59 minutes ago, Mark said:

Unless someone corrects me that would be illigal as it's 50% crowd allowance in Poland at the moment. 

I'm really confused about what has been said about tickets for Torun. 
We have tickets for Saturday and will be trying to buy for Friday too...but I'm really not sure how it will work with the crowd restrictions currently in place....Unless there has been a massive number of cancellations from tour groups from various Nations, like Travel Plus, which has meant that Saturday is around the acceptable 50% limit...

• Like 1