British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While all this messing about with scoring system doesn’t show the sport in good light,it doesn’t make any difference to me viewing as long as the racing is decent,which it was last week end.

Exactly...

It is what it is I guess and it is probably pointless complaining about it, I just don't see why they feel the need to change the points scoring system again. Was fine as it was, just leave it at that.

It is the fact that there are forever changes in the sport as a whole that are just not needed, the things that do need changing are never addressed.

After two rounds it is hard to judge who will win it this season, I think whoever does win it will not get too much credit, its ridiculous to even attempt a GP season how they are. Should of just binned the lot and hopefully started again in 2021 with the same field.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You really have to make Finals to stay in contention.Woffy and Magic look the favourite to me.

I'd reserve judgement until after Gorzow, Woffy & Magic have done very well on a track they've been riding all season long, Zmarlik to dominate in Gorzow... then it's an open run-in

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While all this messing about with scoring system doesn’t show the sport in good light,it doesn’t make any difference to me viewing as long as the racing is decent,which it was last week end.

Works fine when you're racing on a superb track like Wroclaw, but what about one of the processional tracks where the scorecard is often more interesting than the 'racing' after thesecond bend.

The test could come in Prague although the Czechs really produced good racing at the Marketa last time out. 

Apart from the Freddie Lindgren situation there weren't too many variances between points scored under the new system and wuld have been earned under the old.

Anyway, there's little chance of the FIM listening to lesser mortals so best to celebrate the fact that we've got the World Championship back after ten months and enjoy the racing which was marvellous at the weekend. That far bigger bonus for the sport massively outweighs a flawed scoring system. 

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Works fine when you're racing on a superb track like Wroclaw, but what about one of the processional tracks where the scorecard is often more interesting than the 'racing' after thesecond bend.

The test could come in Prague although the Czechs really produced good racing at the Marketa last time out. 

Apart from the Freddie Lindgren situation there weren't too many variances between points scored under the new system and wuld have been earned under the old.

Anyway, there's little chance of the FIM listening to lesser mortals so best to celebrate the fact that we've got the World Championship back after ten months and enjoy the racing which was marvellous at the weekend. That far bigger bonus for the sport massively outweighs a flawed scoring system. 

Think you are talking about yourself there:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

ONly 3 of 16 have the same amount of points when comparing both systems.     Lindgren a big winner but plenty of others too.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think you are talking about yourself there:rolleyes:

Very kind. If you think I have such a problem then perhaps you do qualify for a 'lesser mortal' tag. Anyway, life is far too short to deal with such an attitude. I write what I believe, not out of arrogance but out of a deep love and concern for the sport. I can find people's views ridiculous without considering them inferior. Perhaps in your case I should make an exception.

Another one for the block list ;-( Now can we talk about speedway rather than petty vendettas?

By the way, have you ever dealt with the FIM? I remember reading one of their reports on a major event in Britain. First point covered was "The FIM delegates were treated in accordance with their status and their needs met".

Now there's a case of 'lesser mortals.....

Bye. 

Oh, I've made a few postings trying to help newcomers understand what's going on i Poland. I've deleted them since they obviously just result in rubbish from people like you. I've also tried to help out with links to TV coverage, often behind the scenes. Clearly it's better if I don't. 

Congratulations. This part if the forum used to be a really good place to talk about speedway and help others. Clearly those days have gone. Best if I just revert to 'read only status and let you get on with it. As I said, life's too short and I have enough health problems to deal with without taking rubbish from the likes of you, not lesser mortals, just unpleasant ones. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

4 hours ago, Mark said:

ONly 3 of 16 have the same amount of points when comparing both systems.     Lindgren a big winner but plenty of others too.

The scores may have varied but not by substantial amounts. I don't have time to go through the variances in detail. Could you let me have some example of cases similar to Lindgren please? 

30 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Very kind. If you think I have such a problem then perhaps you do qualify for a 'lesser mortal' tag. Anyway, life is far too short to deal with such an attitude. I write what I believe, not out of arrogance but out of a deep love and concern for the sport. I can find people's views ridiculous without considering them inferior. Perhaps in your case I should make an exception.

Another one for the block list ;-( Now can we talk about speedway rather than petty vendettas?

By the way, have you ever dealt with the FIM? I remember reading one of their reports on a major event in Britain. First point covered was "The FIM delegates were treated in accordance with their status and their needs met".

Now there's a case of 'lesser mortals.....

Bye. 

Oh, I've made a few postings trying to help newcomers understand what's going on i Poland. I've deleted them since they obviously just result in rubbish from people like you. I've also tried to help out with links to TV coverage, often behind the scenes. Clearly it's better if I don't. 

Congratulations. This part if the forum used to be a really good place to talk about speedway and help others. Clearly those days have gone. Best if I just revert to 'read only status and let you get on with it. As I said, life's too short and I have enough health problems to deal with without taking rubbish from the likes of you, not lesser mortals, just unpleasant ones. 

Glad to be blocked by you, your  high opinion yourself  always seems to be the one that matters on here.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The scores may have varied but not by substantial amounts. I don't have time to go through the variances in detail. Could you let me have some example of cases similar to Lindgren please? 

Page 18 for a table.    Woffy is +5

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Glad to be blocked by you, your  high opinion yourself  always seems to be the one that matters on here.:rolleyes:

Better off being blocked. The guy wants the violins to come out every time he writes a post. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's difficult to say after 2 rounds but just going on pure percentages, Woffinden, Zagar & Fricke with Vaculik being a big loser

1 2 Total Pts +/- %
Freddie Lindgren 10 11 21 30 9 43%
Tai Woffinden 12 15 27 32 5 19%
Maciej Janowski 17 19 36 38 2 6%
Bartosz Zmarzlik 11 14 25 27 2 8%
Matej Zagar 6 4 10 12 2 20%
Gleb Chugunov 6 8 14 16 2 14%
Max Fricke 2 8 10 12 2 20%
Patryk Dudek 5 7 12 13 1 8%
Jason Doyle 5 3 8 8 0 0%
Niels-Kristian Iversen 3 11 14 14 0 0%
Antonio Lindback 1 1 2 2 0 0%
Artem Laguta 20 13 33 32 -1 -3%
Mikkel Michelsen 5 7 12 11 -1 -8%
Leon Madsen 13 7 20 18 -2 -10%
Emil Sayfutdinov 11 6 17 15 -2 -12%
Martin Vaculik 11 4 15 12 -3 -20%
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It's difficult to say after 2 rounds but just going on pure percentages, Woffinden, Zagar & Fricke with Vaculik being a big loser

Good analysis. However, you do have to make an adjustment. The total race points available from 23 heats is 138. Whereas the total championship points available is 146. So you have to to inflate the race points by nearly 6% to make the comparison. Thus the gain/loss for each competitor now looks like this:

1 2 total pts +/-
Freddie Lindgren 37% 10 11 21 30 9
Matej Zagar 14% 6 4 10 12 2
Max Fricke 14% 2 8 10 12 2
Tai Woffinden 13% 12 15 27 32 5
Gleb Chugunov 8% 6 8 14 16 2
Patryk Dudek 3% 5 7 12 13 1
Bartosz Zmarzlik 2% 11 14 25 27 2
Maciej Janowski 0% 17 19 36 38 2
Jason Doyle -6% 5 3 8 8 0
Niels-Kristian Iversen -6% 3 11 14 14 0
Antonio Lindback -6% 1 1 2 2 0
Artem Laguta -9% 20 13 33 32 -1
Mikkel Michelsen -14% 5 7 12 11 -1
Leon Madsen -16% 13 7 20 18 -2
Emil Sayfutdinov -18% 11 6 17 15 -2
Martin Vaculik -26% 11 4 15 12 -3

19 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Good analysis. However, you do have to make an adjustment. The total race points available from 23 heats is 138. Whereas the total championship points available is 146. So you have to to inflate the race points by nearly 6% to make the comparison. Thus the gain/loss for each competitor now looks like this:

1 2 total pts +/-
Freddie Lindgren 37% 10 11 21 30 9
Matej Zagar 14% 6 4 10 12 2
Max Fricke 14% 2 8 10 12 2
Tai Woffinden 13% 12 15 27 32 5
Gleb Chugunov 8% 6 8 14 16 2
Patryk Dudek 3% 5 7 12 13 1
Bartosz Zmarzlik 2% 11 14 25 27 2
Maciej Janowski 0% 17 19 36 38 2
Jason Doyle -6% 5 3 8 8 0
Niels-Kristian Iversen -6% 3 11 14 14 0
Antonio Lindback -6% 1 1 2 2 0