British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Polish Speedway on TV

21 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PERSONALLY, have found it preferable to record and fast forward through the interminable breaks later. Not bothered whether I know the result live, later that day or the next day. Can still enjoy the actual racing. 

I just avoid the score until I've watched the match. 

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Think you are blaming the wrong company there- If Premier Sports tell SKY they would change it.

Seems i am indeed blaming the wrong company,  expect those who love cricket would of been gutted to of missed the village green game as well

Edited by scoobydoo

The cricket was from Sweden, Stockholm.

But would still prefer watching UK club cricket.

Good to see today in Poland speedway with CROWDS

12 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Good to see today in Poland speedway with CROWDS

get your selves ready for a second spike of corona ! ! ! 

as shanks said , speedway is not a matter of life n death . its much more important than that ..........  

5 hours ago, jenga said:

get your selves ready for a second spike of corona ! ! ! 

as shanks said , speedway is not a matter of life n death . its much more important than that ..........  

Cases in Poland through the whole period have been very low

Total deaths to date are less than just a few days of our peak

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

and the Americans  are having a huge rise in covid cases , some cities  had rises of COVID  up to 

%100 , compared to the last few weeks .   

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That’s because they’ve done much less testing. As Trump said on Saturday, the less testing you do, the fewer cases you find. 
They’re not treating it seriously so they might as well not bother doing anything. There was no social distancing in the crowds, the start girls were taking their masks off between heats and plenty of those in the pits had the mask only covering their nose or even just over their chin.

And, let’s face it, since the Ekstraliga restarted, there’s not been a single decent meeting. In future, I think I’ll reverse Phil Rising’s advice and fast forward through the racing :rofl:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s because they’ve done much less testing. As Trump said on Saturday, the less testing you do, the fewer cases you find. 
They’re not treating it seriously so they might as well not bother doing anything. There was no social distancing in the crowds, the start girls were taking their masks off between heats and plenty of those in the pits had the mask only covering their nose or even just over their chin.

And, let’s face it, since the Ekstraliga restarted, there’s not been a single decent meeting. In future, I think I’ll reverse Phil Rising’s advice and fast forward through the racing :rofl:

If you expect 15 decent races per meeting you are living in cloud cuckoo land !! Yesterday had some decent action- weren`t you watching ?? Plus you will not find a better race anywhere than the Zmarzlik/ Piotr Pawlicki race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

If you expect 15 decent races per meeting you are living in cloud cuckoo land !! Yesterday had some decent action- weren`t you watching ?? Plus you will not find a better race anywhere than the Zmarzlik/ Piotr Pawlicki race.

Each to their own! I watched the live meeting yesterday afternoon. Zmarzlik was in it but I didn’t see Pawlicki. If you are referring to the Gorzow/Lezno meeting a week ago, I think you make my point. It’s not “one decent race in 15” but 1 in 75.

Yesterdays Lublin vs Gorzow meeting was dire. The track had no grip. We’re there any passes of any merit?

• Confused 1

There's always one!!!:party:

Don't you know by now that Polands racing is rubbish and that every heat on the tracks of the UK is full of passing and breathtaking incident..:D

The Star this week has a section in it where serveral social media comments are listed stating that Polands presentation wasnt up to much..

This was summarised as maybe helping British Speedway, with the inference, I presume, being that it was no better, and equally as rubbish as over here..

A laudable aspiration indeed to be delivered...

Being as poor as someone else...:D

However, as we know, when the crowds get back, (and just 25% of the usual Lublin full house yesterday made a difference), the whole experience takes on a massive change, with the passion on the terraces often making the meeting itself. Where even the most mundane race delivers either a huge celebration or a chorus of boos depending on whether they appreciate the efforts of their riders or not, and the usual (one or two at least), 'cracking races',  bring the house down..

Also, the coverage of watching the same recurring slow mo action of previous races does make the meeting seem like its dragging too, unlike when you have interviews, discussion and adverts which naturally break up the racing..

Not anyones fault and a small price to pay for watching the racing via an English commentary, (and a good one at that), rather than a Polish one..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wee Eck said:

Each to their own! I watched the live meeting yesterday afternoon. Zmarzlik was in it but I didn’t see Pawlicki. If you are referring to the Gorzow/Lezno meeting a week ago, I think you make my point. It’s not “one decent race in 15” but 1 in 75.

Yesterdays Lublin vs Gorzow meeting was dire. The track had no grip. We’re there any passes of any merit?

You obviously have never watched Polish Speedway before. Plenty of passes yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You obviously have never watched Polish Speedway before. Plenty of passes yesterday.

Obviously. Other than when I lived there. And when the standard was far better. Excluding the protected juniors, the Ekstraliga is now predominantly non-Polish.

By the way, I don’t really count passes between the start and the entrance to the third bend as that’s just skirmishing, so I’ll need to look at the replay, if I have more time to waste, to see how many after that there were. 

As I said before, if you can only cite one decent race in 75, you make my point for me.

Polish Ekstraliga is a shadow of its former self. You now need super fast bikes on super smooth circuits. Cojones rather than skill. How else do you account for the inexperienced guys holding off heat leaders repeatedly?

Sweden, Denmark and U.K. provides far more close and exciting racing, in my opinion. Which, as ever, is all it is. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Obviously. Other than when I lived there. And when the standard was far better. Excluding the protected juniors, the Ekstraliga is now predominantly non-Polish.

By the way, I don’t really count passes between the start and the entrance to the third bend as that’s just skirmishing, so I’ll need to look at the replay, if I have more time to waste, to see how many after that there were. 

As I said before, if you can only cite one decent race in 75, you make my point for me.

Polish Ekstraliga is a shadow of its former self. You now need super fast bikes on super smooth circuits. Cojones rather than skill. How else do you account for the inexperienced guys holding off heat leaders repeatedly?

Sweden, Denmark and U.K. provides far more close and exciting racing, in my opinion. Which, as ever, is all it is. 

It`s you who just repeat that it`s 1 decent race in 75- that is just plainly rubbish.

Rybnik v ZG was ordinary to say the least

Gorzow v leszno several decent races( eg heat 7)

Czestochowa v Grudziadz also several decent races( eg heat 14)

Lublin v Gorzow  decent meeting 

Decent juniors have always beaten top riders- nothing new there.