British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Polish Speedway on TV

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s because they’ve done much less testing. As Trump said on Saturday, the less testing you do, the fewer cases you find. 
They’re not treating it seriously so they might as well not bother doing anything. There was no social distancing in the crowds, the start girls were taking their masks off between heats and plenty of those in the pits had the mask only covering their nose or even just over their chin.

And, let’s face it, since the Ekstraliga restarted, there’s not been a single decent meeting. In future, I think I’ll reverse Phil Rising’s advice and fast forward through the racing :rofl:

Work with 3 polish guys and one was back a couple of weeks ago. Not sure which town or city, but he said walking round shopping and one person had a mask on and 20 didn't....despite it being compulsory !!

37 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It`s you who just repeat that it`s 1 decent race in 75- that is just plainly rubbish.

Rybnik v ZG was ordinary to say the least

Gorzow v leszno several decent races( eg heat 7)

Czestochowa v Grudziadz also several decent races( eg heat 14)

Lublin v Gorzow  decent meeting 

Decent juniors have always beaten top riders- nothing new there.

As I said, I am giving my opinion which has as much validity as anyone else’s. 

Citing two additional races and referring to one as “decent” isn’t going to change that, anymore than my responses to you will change your opinion.

And, while I accept your point about decent juniors, is Wiktor Lampart, for example “decent” or just someone who gated quickly on a track not prepared for passing?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Work with 3 polish guys and one was back a couple of weeks ago. Not sure which town or city, but he said walking round shopping and one person had a mask on and 20 didn't....despite it being compulsory !!

I think the worst is yet to come in many places, and Poland (and Sweden) are two of them. 
Germany has just discovered what happens if you release lockdown too early. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

As I said, I am giving my opinion which has as much validity as anyone else’s. 

Citing two additional races and referring to one as “decent” isn’t going to change that, anymore than my responses to you will change your opinion.

And, while I accept your point about decent juniors, is Wiktor Lampart, for example “decent” or just someone who gated quickly on a track not prepared for passing?

He`s part of the polish U 21 team  and as for the tracks it`s like  you think all Polish  tracks are grippy - which they are all clearly not- if i were you i would stick to Denmark and Sweden !!

Edited by racers and royals

Really enjoyed the Polish meetings i have watched on the facebook link, all this negativity must be infectious!!

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

The Star this week has a section in it where serveral social media comments are listed stating that Polands presentation wasnt up to much..

Seriously? That's pretty poor... the laziest form of journalism. You see it a lot these days on the newspaper websites when they're looking for public reaction to events they just hit Twitter and do a copy & paste job.

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

You only have to visit a British GP to see that a lot of Poles have little consideration for others :t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

He`s part of the polish U 21 team  and as for the tracks it`s like  you think all Polish  tracks are grippy - which they are all clearly not- if i were you i would stick to Denmark and Sweden !!

Not sure why you’re so grumpy. Or rude. As I said, I have my opinion, you have yours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Seriously? That's pretty poor... the laziest form of journalism. You see it a lot these days on the newspaper websites when they're looking for public reaction to events they just hit Twitter and do a copy & paste job.

Most of what passes as 'news' these days, starts off with someone filming on a phone and putting it on to one of the various media outlets.. 

You often then find a local journo asking for more photos to be sent directly to them or requesting permission to use the original footage..

They then report the story via their paper..

No longer do they have to even arrive at the scene to send out their reports and often just quote Twitter updates from any potential eye witnesses. Often using the caveat of 'unconfirmed reports'...

Certainly a very different world is 'journalism' today..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikebv said:

Most of what passes as 'news' these days, starts off with someone filming on a phone and putting it on to one of the various media outlets.. 

You often then find a local journo asking for more photos to be sent directly to them or requesting permission to use the original footage..

They then report the story via their paper..

No longer do they have to even arrive at the scene to send out their reports and often just quote Twitter updates from any potential eye witnesses. Often using the caveat of 'unconfirmed reports'...

Certainly a very different world is 'journalism' today..

I thought that the Leszno Wroclaw meeting on Freesport was quite good.

55 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

As did I, you're never going to get half a dozen passes per race. But it had more than enough to keep me occuiped & intersted.

Don’t understand the criticism of Polish Speedway action,it no different to any other Country or Tracks.Good meetings ,Poor Meetings.Polish fans turn up in large numbers to watch(in normal circumstances).I personally enjoy Polish action.When you have got the Top Men in the Sport racing each other it’s pretty obvious that Overtaking will be difficult ,but there is no lack of effort from any of the Riders.

4 hours ago, Skodaman said:

I missed it, when was it on, and do you know the next time Freesports (C64) will be showing a meeting Please?

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I missed it, when was it on, and do you know the next time Freesports (C64) will be showing a meeting Please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4zLasryu4Y

Here's a youtube link.

1 hour ago, BarracudaAce said:

Thank You.