British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Polish Speedway on TV

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I missed it, when was it on, and do you know the next time Freesports (C64) will be showing a meeting Please?

This Friday 26th 5 p.m.

Leszno vs. Lublin.

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

This Friday 26th 5 p.m.

Leszno vs. Lublin.

No- have a look at the Premier Sport schedule- that match is now on Premier Sport 2 live.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

No- have a look at the Premier Sport schedule- that match is now on Premier Sport 2 live.

My bad.

I thought I heard the commentator on Monday say it would be live on Freesports.

Now(as live) at 9.30 p.m.

• Like 1

Both matches postponed tonight (bad weather forecast) now both on Saturday night

• Thanks 1

Live Polish speedway MIGHT be on Freesports tonight.

Schedule shows 6.30 & 7.30.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Live Polish speedway MIGHT be on Freesports tonight.

Schedule shows 6.30 & 7.30.

You need to follow the Extraleague thread on the international section and if you did you would find out that at 6.30pm they are showing all 15 heats delayed of the Leszno v Lublin match in a hour and then at 7.30pm it`s live Zielona Gora v Grudziadz 

Edited by racers and royals

29 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You need to follow the Extraleague thread on the international section and if you did you would find out that at 6.30pm they are showing all 15 heats delayed of the Leszno v Lublin match in a hour and then at 7.30pm it`s live Zielona Gora v Grudziadz 

I didn't know that thread existed(along with a few other people perhaps) but I do now,thanks.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:36 PM, Wee Eck said:

Excluding the protected juniors, the Ekstraliga is now predominantly non-Polish.

4 out of the 7 HAVE to be Polish. At least they are promoting their own riders.

By the way, I don’t really count passes between the start and the entrance to the third bend as that’s just skirmishing, so I’ll need to look at the replay, if I have more time to waste, to see how many after that there were.

I, too, agree with your 1st part & I also disregard gate stats. Good gates gets you to the 1st corner, end of! What happens in the rest of the race( 3 & 3/4 of a lap) has nothing to do with gating. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 2:33 PM, Wee Eck said:

I think the worst is yet to come in many places, and Poland (and Sweden) are two of them. 
Germany has just discovered what happens if you release lockdown too early.

Germany's instance (the R rate)was highlighted as being mainly, from a meat packaging firm. 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

4 out of the 7 HAVE to be Polish. At least they are promoting their own riders.

I don’t know the Polish rules - I thought the reserves had to be Polish but didn’t realise there were other restrictions. 

And I’ve just read up about the new German lockdown - 1,500 new cases and 500,000 back in lockdown suggests that they have released lockdown, or certainly some of the lockdown rules, too early. 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Germany's instance (the R rate)was highlighted as being mainly, from a meat packaging firm.

I watched my first ever Polish League match that I recorded on Friday night on Freeview 64, between Leszno & Wroclaw, and have to say I found it all very disappointing.

The races in general were no better than National League standard in this country, and the tractor racing was on a par with what we get here.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this coming Friday is any better, which hopefully it will be, but thank goodness I can turn the sound off, where on earth did they get that commentator from?

As I said at the start, it's the first time I've ever bothered to watch a Polish meeting, are they normally quite good?    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I watched my first ever Polish League match that I recorded on Friday night on Freeview 64, between Leszno & Wroclaw, and have to say I found it all very disappointing.

The races in general were no better than National League standard in this country, and the tractor racing was on a par with what we get here.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this coming Friday is any better, which hopefully it will be, but thank goodness I can turn the sound off, where on earth did they get that commentator from?

As I said at the start, it's the first time I've ever bothered to watch a Polish meeting, are they normally quite good?    

Mike, Polish Speedway is brilliant. The tracks, the stars, the atmosphere, the professionalism. i could go on and on. There is no tractor racing in Polish speedway just 100% commitment in every race. Dave Goddard does a decent job- he knows his Speedway.

• Like 2

From what i have seen after just a couple of weeks the tracks look  mostly the same size and shape, very little dirt on them alot of gate and go, and being honest i have being bored after a few races and this from a fanatic for the last 50 yrs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

From what i have seen after just a couple of weeks the tracks look  mostly the same size and shape, very little dirt on them alot of gate and go, and being honest i have being bored after a few races and this from a fanatic for the last 50 yrs.

I am mostly of the same opinion. But others have a different one, as in most topics . You’ll only upset the others it seems. But both sides must accept the opposite opinion. There are some great races and good meetings in Poland, but I don’t have the patience mostly to trawl through a meeting I have no connection or strong feeling to, in the hope of seeing one

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I confess I am with Mimmo, Geoff and Iris123 here. I have seen great races and good meetings, but no more than here. The best riders do not necessarily result in the best races. That said, I would like to go to see a match live as the atmosphere must be something to experience

Each to their own. I understand and accept that many see it differently. 

• Like 3