British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Polish Speedway on TV

13 hours ago, Gringo said:

Live Polish speedway MIGHT be on Freesports at 5 p.m. on Friday 3rd July.

According to the C64 TV Guide Lublin v Rybnik is on at 5.00pm tonight.

19 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

According to the C64 TV Guide Lublin v Rybnik is on at 5.00pm tonight.

"Google".

Freesports schedule.

R.L backchat then Pool tonight.

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

"Google".

Freesports schedule.

R.L backchat then Pool tonight.

Thanks Gringo, yes you're right, even though when you go through the programmer on the TV itself, it says today!!  

On 7/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Shale Shaker said:

Does anyone know why FreeSports has suddenly disappeared from the Freesat listings?

Channel is no longer on Freesat, dispute over money

Listed on BT Eurosport 2 is SEC Euro championship at 4:00pm tomorrow Sat 4th July from Torun.

Is this meeting still on????

This often happens. It may be just temporary. Freesports will still be there, just not visible in the programme guide and should still be available on the "Add channels" feature, if anyone has the tuning details.

Re today's schedule the speedway IS starting now. The programmer that Mimmo uses seems not to have been updated. 

Schedules on the minor sports channels like Premier/Freesports and Eurosport are notoriously flexible and TV/online schedules and programme guides often struggle to keep up. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Listed on BT Eurosport 2 is SEC Euro championship at 4:00pm tomorrow Sat 4th July from Torun.

Is this meeting still on????

Yes- every meeting on Tv is listed and updated on the OP here 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, Bavarian said:

The problem ist that Goddard has to do the commentary all alone. He should get a co-commentor, best some rider or ex-rider (like with Pearson & Tatum). This would make it much easier for him and more entertaining for the viewers.

Premier Sports won't pay for a second commentator, it's a mega-cheap production for them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Premier Sports won't pay for a second commentator, it's a mega-cheap production for them.

Everything about Premier Sports/Freesports is 'on the cheap'. There's only so much income you can get from charging £9.99 a month for the main channels and nothing for Freesports. You get what you pay for. I'm delighted they could be bothered to pay out for the Polish contract. They only picked up Italian and Spanish football when Eleven Sports UK operation failed. In turn they've had to give up much of their ice hockey coverage to BT because they couldn't afford it. 

Ultimately it is ALL about money. 

I worked for a channel where the subscription was voluntary! In other words they couldn't afford to pay Sky for their encryption technology. We used to carry ads asking viewers to send money in. I think you can see why it went bust.... As for getting what you pay for - the viewers got me... I occasionally got a co-commentator, but usually only if the producer saw a likely victim in the pits and talked them into doing it. Thankfully I didn't have to talk for twenty minutes while nothing was going on like Dave has to. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

We will have Sudden Sam's commentary to look forward to tomorrow on Eurosport. !!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

www.maniak.tv/mk.1 now showing Gorzow v Czestochowa

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

Channel is no longer on Freesat, dispute over money

no dispute you just have to re-tune and reset the channels !!

Edited by geoff58

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

no dispute you just have to re-tune and reset the channels !!

It may be back now - I haven't had time to check but it was most definitely pulled from Freesat on Tuesday June 30th due to a dispute over the Freesat epg charge. This is well documented in media sites and forums. 

This explains.

https://rxtvinfo.com/freesports-departs-freesat

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1