ruckerroo

2m rule scrapped from july 4th to 1m

restaurants and pubs to reopen

Hairdressers to reopen

Hotels and campsites to reopen

OUTDOOR LEISURE ACTIVITIES CAN RESUME

Places of worship to reopen

SD 2M REDUCED TO 1M

Surely that's very good news for speedway getting up and running .

33 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Hairdressers to reopen

SD 2M REDUCED TO 1M

Carnt see speedway being allowed to be exception to rule regarding crowds at psporting events.Especially as cricket being played behind closed doors with the size of their stadia.

• Like 1

Wait for the next announcement. Speedway is aiming for mid-August. See the Stewart Dickson interview on Speedwaygb.co.uk

Nothing in today's announcement to suggest sports stadia can re-open.

For speedway, there was no news.

Speedway still hopes for mid-August start (as above) but the big question is: Will fans feel safe and be willing to go out and support their club. 

I watched local BBC TV news tonight and it was 50/50 of the people interviewed who were willing to go to pub/restaurants.

50 per cent of a club's fanbase attending would be a disaster for most clubs.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Nothing in today's announcement to suggest sports stadia can re-open.

For speedway, there was no news.

Speedway still hopes for mid-August start (as above) but the big question is: Will fans feel safe and be willing to go out and support their club. 

I watched local BBC TV news tonight and it was 50/50 of the people interviewed who were willing to go to pub/restaurants.

50 per cent of a club's fanbase attending would be a disaster for most clubs.

At least they've lifted the lockdown of those 'shielding', which by their general age range would likely mean well in excess of 50% of a speedway club's regular attendees

What percentage of a capacity crowd will be allowed in anyway ? If you read the 2m rule correctly it has not been scrapped only in more confined spaces 

Edited by ray c

We still have a 14 day quarantine for people flying into the country. Rules out any riders living overseas.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

At least they've lifted the lockdown of those 'shielding', which by their general age range would likely mean well in excess of 50% of a speedway club's regular attendees

Most of the shielded I've spoken too say they wouldn't go anywhere where there are lots of people, I certainly wouldn't. 

• Like 4

Lets be honest, using the term 'sports stadia' is a very loose term for most of the UK's speedway venues. I can't see there being any problems with crowds being able to attend speedway in this country in August.

The biggest problems to face is actually getting enough people to attend to make it anywhere near viable. People who have been shielding and classed as vulnerable won't be returning in their masses I wouldn't of thought. The second problem is having enough riders to make it possible, not without a complete restructering of teams in the top two divisions.

In conclusion, I think speedway will be able to restart this year - I just think it'll be financial suicide to do so in this country.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That's if they will risk it, many won't

29 minutes ago, Buttons said:

That's if they will risk it, many won't

A perfectly valid guess ... but no more than that. Probably wouldn't have thought people would be queuing off the charts for Primark or Macc-Ds either but it happened. 

25 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

A perfectly valid guess ... but no more than that. Probably wouldn't have thought people would be queuing off the charts for Primark or Macc-Ds either but it happened. 

Aye, but how many of them were old codgers? ;)

On 6/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, ruckerroo said:

Hairdressers to reopen

SD 2M REDUCED TO 1M

Not so easy. Friend of mine who runs a pub showed me the list (46 pages) issued after the announcement of the reduction as to things he will have to do in order to open. Mind boggling.  Cant see any promoter or stadium owner having the cash to make tracks Covid safe for spectators.

Interesting question as to who is responsible for ensuring social distancing (and its cost) for speedway in stadia owned by other landlords?!

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Lets be honest, using the term 'sports stadia' is a very loose term for most of the UK's speedway venues. I can't see there being any problems with crowds being able to attend speedway in this country in August.

The biggest problems to face is actually getting enough people to attend to make it anywhere near viable. People who have been shielding and classed as vulnerable won't be returning in their masses I wouldn't of thought. The second problem is having enough riders to make it possible, not without a complete restructering of teams in the top two divisions.

In conclusion, I think speedway will be able to restart this year - I just think it'll be financial suicide to do so in this country.

Have to Agree.