British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

2m rule scrapped from july 4th to 1m

33 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe some proactive promotion of the sport to politiicians to indicate what specific measures could be taken at their stadia  to comply with safe distancing .....

This suggests the government is taking a practical and logical approach to opening up the economy. They're not. You can spend 2 hours shopping in Primark or from next week sat inside a pub eating and drinking, but you can't spend 2 hours outside at a sporting event. It wouldn't surprise me if BJ has a dart board with all the industries on it and that's now they determine what can open next.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe some proactive promotion of the sport to politiicians to indicate what specific measures could be taken at their stadia  to comply with safe distancing ......I am sure the average politician has no idea what speedway is,  and probably thinks it attracts crowds of 60,000 people crammed together in seated grandstands.

Seems you can have a  riot, sorry a demonstration to smash up some statues and kick seven bells out of policeman just by handing out gloves and face masks to riotors, sorry demonstrators, so it cannot be that difficult to propose aprropriate safty measures specific to each track in the leagues??

I apologise to anyone offended by the use of the word  "promotion" in my post.  

Easy, just hand out gloves and masks at the speedway venue. ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MattK said:

This suggests the government is taking a practical and logical approach to opening up the economy. They're not. You can spend 2 hours shopping in Primark or from next week sat inside a pub eating and drinking, but you can't spend 2 hours outside at a sporting event. It wouldn't surprise me if BJ has a dart board with all the industries on it and that's now they determine what can open next.

As long as he is blindfolded and spins round 3 times before his throw. ;)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Skidder1 said:

Interesting question as to who is responsible for ensuring social distancing (and its cost) for speedway in stadia owned by other landlords?!

Based on my knowledge of Leicester its the Promoter's responsibility to comply with the councils regulations

Edited by W9 Lion
grammer

56 minutes ago, MattK said:

At least it’s better than Nicola who waits to see what BJ has hit then opens that up 3 weeks later in Scotland:rolleyes::blink:

• Like 1

Oh yes that's  the answer BLAME SOMEONE ELSE .......  its all the fault of Boris Johnson, Nicola Sturgeon , the bloke in Wales and whoever it is in Northern Ireland. 

I knew the word  "promotion"  would offend some on this forum :-)

If only there were more promotoers like those at Glasgow ... think we would all be able to plan our lives for 2020.  at the moment its like waiting for the inevitable rain off announcement whilst the riders and their entourage walk the track with their golf  umbrellas , and the track announcer telling you the meeting is still on ;-)

• Thanks 1

Cant see the problem , just dress for the beach, bring a picnic, parasol and let everyone in the stadiums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Cant see the problem , just dress for the beach, bring a picnic, parasol and let everyone in the stadiums.

Plus a carrier bag, in case the toilets are out of bounds.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Easy, just hand out gloves and masks at the speedway venue. ;)

Would be a must. The 2m rule has not been scrapped, the wording is that you can be 1m plus, but should take a number of precautions eg wear a mask. Also one of speedway's main problems reopening would be noise. Pubs are now banned from having loud music of any sort so as to prevent customers having to shout above the noise, which is thought to increase the risk of transmission, the shouting that is not the music. So again the only way speedway could overcome a similar obstacle with bike noise would be for masks to be compulsory. 

Edited by HertsRacer

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

And leave all your trash behind

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Volunteers won’t be be clambering to clean the toilets at the majority of venues I have attended :D

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Oh yes that's  the answer BLAME SOMEONE ELSE .......  its all the fault of Boris Johnson, Nicola Sturgeon , the bloke in Wales and whoever it is in Northern Ireland. 

I knew the word  "promotion"  would offend some on this forum :-)

If only there were more promotoers like those at Glasgow ... think we would all be able to plan our lives for 2020.  at the moment its like waiting for the inevitable rain off announcement whilst the riders and their entourage walk the track with their golf  umbrellas , and the track announcer telling you the meeting is still on ;-)

If only there were more promotoers like those at Glasgow ... think we would all be able to plan our lives for 2020.

Oh yes ‘if only’...we would end up with absolutely nothing.

These so called ‘promoters’ bailed out because they fell out amongst themselves regarding speedway and the car business they ran was in a bad way due to virus situation. I don’t blame them BUT Don’t suggest they are good and doing it for the supporters, they have bailed out purely for selfish reasons.

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

If only there were more promotoers like those at Glasgow ... think we would all be able to plan our lives for 2020.

Oh yes ‘if only’...we would end up with absolutely nothing.

These so called ‘promoters’ bailed out because they fell out amongst themselves regarding speedway and the car business they ran was in a bad way due to virus situation. I don’t blame them BUT Don’t suggest they are good and doing it for the supporters, they have bailed out purely for selfish reasons.

You obviously know nothing about the Glasgow Promotion,or you would not post that crap.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

You obviously know nothing about the Glasgow Promotion,or you would not post that crap.:rolleyes:

I do know they pulled out...the only promotion to do so....YET...!!

24 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I do know they pulled out...the only promotion to do so....YET...!!

Anyone want to hazard a guess about how many in PL / CL / NL will actually race IF there is a restart and League to race in by middle to late August?

Based on nothing more than heresay and guess work.

I will guess PL = 6 CL = 6 NL = 5