British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

2m rule scrapped from july 4th to 1m

All sensible speedway clubs will be thinking about how they can get sufficient supporters inside a stadium with social distancing at 1m+. 

Every stadium has "pinch points" -- the turnstile block at many stadiums is an obvious example.

They will need to think about getting people out of the stadium at the end of the meeting and what they will do if it rains and meeting is called off.

Lots to consider but well run outfits will have this planning in hand.

So Speedtiger you have read the Glasgow Promotion's explanation of why they made their decision ?

Putting aside your clear dislike of the Glasgow promotion .... none of their reasons apply to other UK speedway clubs?  ?  ?

Funny old game this speedway "promoting" lark in the UK .... every season every promoter moans and groans about the large losses they have made and now we see all but one of them queueing up "in hope" to presumably add to their losses by running a very short season with every likelihood of reduced attendances than those in 2019.

Who's kidding who ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

If only there were more promotoers like those at Glasgow ... think we would all be able to plan our lives for 2020.

Oh yes ‘if only’...we would end up with absolutely nothing.

These so called ‘promoters’ bailed out because they fell out amongst themselves regarding speedway and the car business they ran was in a bad way due to virus situation. I don’t blame them BUT Don’t suggest they are good and doing it for the supporters, they have bailed out purely for selfish reasons.

So, providing that "statement" is true, you would rather see Glasgow race in 2020 (what's left of it) and go bust and not return in 2021?

Weird logic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

I do know they pulled out...the only promotion to do so....YET...!!

It’s the derogatory remarks I am talking about.:icon_smile_clown:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

So, providing that "statement" is true, you would rather see Glasgow race in 2020 (what's left of it) and go bust and not return in 2021?

Weird logic.

No I don’t want anyone to go bust..but I responded to a post basically saying Glasgow were to be praised...where as they bailed out of the CL when other promoters, to there credit, are sticking out.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, crescent girl said:

Glasgow correctly identified their double problem of having almost the whole team living overseas and their stadium (while very well-appointed) being very compact, meaning social distancing would make it impossible to admit a paying audience. 

This may also be true at other stadia, while others again might, indeed will, be able to run to a worthwhile, socially-distanced crowd. 

Having seen pictures of people on a beach near Bourenmouth, and a football stadium in Liverpool, is anyone social distancing anymore. Add to that the recent demonstrations up and down the Country and you wonder why we just cant get going with our racing season now.

Given that clubs are looking at a mid-August start to a truncated season, why are those against any racing this season assuming that the social distancing rules from 4th July will be the same?

Its another 6-8 weeks further on when its just as likely that social distancing will be minimal eg .5 of a metre as long as everyone wears a facecovering.

Many clubs are offering branded club face masks already so its almost that they've been given a nod from the politicians on the Speedway Parliamentary group?!

My lads just been given 7th July as his pre season starting date for his League One team's U18 development squad..

Wheels seem to be in motion...

Let's face it, if a few thousand can all get together, getting pissed and singing with arms around each other at Anfield, then letting 1000 in to a Speedway stadium who do nothing more usually than politely clap a winning rider has to be allowed...

Especially as at most tracks each fan will be around at least 3m away from their nearest spectator if you use a 'normal night', for most places, as some kind of measure..

I would say a 'normal night' for most tracks is two thirds to three quarters empty so plenty of space to accomodate 1000 people..

And some tracks won't get anywhere near 1000 as a 'normal crowd' anyway so could still run to a 'usual attendance' with all social distancing in place..

After July 4th social distancing is over, most people seem to think that 2m is 1m so 1m will be stood next to each other

• Like 1

cant see many people wanting to go having to were face masks there hot and uncomfortable and for at least three hours ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see many people wanting to go having to were face masks there hot and uncomfortable and for at least three hours ?

Why would you have to wear face mask though.?

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why would you have to wear face mask though.?

Only going what skidder said on a earlier post

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

Only going what skidder said on a earlier post

Might be wrong, but can’t see that being enforced.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I do agree 

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

12 hours ago, ray c said:

I do agree 

Why not?