British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

2m rule scrapped from july 4th to 1m

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

As Poole Stadium is owned by the Council (only leased to Stadia UK to provide a minimum of 2 core sports as part of a designated leisure/sports facility!!) then if Speedway is allowed to return I imagine there could be some pressure brought to bear from the Council (with whom Matt Ford has a good relationship) onto Stadia UK to re-open and fulfill their leasehold obligations. Lets not forget that Stadia UK have NO income at the moment from carparking, bars, restaurant as well as rental from Speedway!!

As Danny Ford says - its certainly a hurdle to overcome but not insurmountable by any means. 

Lets hope for some positive guidance announcements over the next week.

not quite right income from car parking you must also remember these are trouble times we live in 

Edited by ray c

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Len seemed very negative earlier in the season and although a bit more optimistic now it'll be interesting to see if he runs CL or NDL as can't run both in limited tome surely?

He's very astute, probably the most astute and will know his likely crowd and margins and unique circumstances.

NDL would seem the sensible logical cost effective route?

Rumours reaching me are that work is going on at the stadium in the expectation of racing returning later this year.  Don't know how factual

that is.  Have not seen any official announcements from the club, so just rumours.

7 hours ago, HGould said:

Len seemed very negative earlier in the season and although a bit more optimistic now it'll be interesting to see if he runs CL or NDL as can't run both in limited tome surely?

He's very astute, probably the most astute and will know his likely crowd and margins and unique circumstances.

NDL would seem the sensible logical cost effective route?

Len has been doing work at the track & is installing the air fence in the next couple of weeks. He is hoping for a mid August start. Yes you are right there will be very little time to run 2 teams but I think his priority will definitely be Championship.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Reading the Newcastle threads it looks like them and not just for this season. Let’s hope not!

In response here is a Newcastle Diamonds Statement:

https://newcastle-speedway.co.uk/latest-word-from-the-2020-diamonds/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

In response here is a Newcastle Diamonds Statement:

https://newcastle-speedway.co.uk/latest-word-from-the-2020-diamonds/

Fair enough but it really doesnt say anymore than folk know already although gives insight on to staffing problems.

Cricketer Michael Vaughan summed up government dithering other day on cricket return calling them 'muppets' Seemed to work as Boris put his box in and announced it back 11 July

France seem to have right idea allowing a four figure crowd into stadiums and now saying crowds will get into French Open Tennis.September

We wait and see

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

4 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Fair enough but it really doesnt say anymore than folk know already although gives insight on to staffing problems.

Cricketer Michael Vaughan summed up government dithering other day on cricket return calling them 'muppets' Seemed to work as Boris put his box in and announced it back 11 July

France seem to have right idea allowing a four figure crowd into stadiums and now saying crowds will get into French Open Tennis.September

We wait and see

It knocked the dogs running on a Sunday on the head.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

Am I right in saying that greyhounds have continued racing at Newcastle (and various other ARC tracks) several times a week? If so then presumably any staff on furlough are those specifically employed for Speedway?!

As the Diamonds statement says, 'a proposal re. furloughed staff has been put to the Stadium owners and we are awaiting a reply'!!  Presumably that might include the Diamonds promotion picking up some/all of the staff costs?!  Although I would have thought most of that cost would be covered by the stadium rental charges?

23 hours ago, ray c said:

not quite right income from car parking you must also remember these are trouble times we live in 

???

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Am I right in saying that greyhounds have continued racing at Newcastle (and various other ARC tracks) several times a week? If so then presumably any staff on furlough are those specifically employed for Speedway?!

As the Diamonds statement says, 'a proposal re. furloughed staff has been put to the Stadium owners and we are awaiting a reply'!!  Presumably that might include the Diamonds promotion picking up some/all of the staff costs?!  Although I would have thought most of that cost would be covered by the stadium rental charges?

The stadium might be getting used without the grandstand and its facilities for the greyhounds?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

The stadium might be getting used without the grandstand and its facilities for the greyhounds?

surely the greyhound racing Is behind closed doors 

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

???

not sure what your answer means I will try and work it out as the day goes on:t:

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

surely the greyhound racing Is behind closed doors 

Yeah, a'd of thought so. So maybe they have different staff to operate the grandstand area.

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, a'd of thought so. So maybe they have different staff to operate the grandstand area.

Poole only had two meetings which was either betting shops or going abroad so not economically to run one went to Swindon and I think the other one went to Perry bar I think 

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

4 hours ago, ray c said:

Poole only had two meetings which was either betting shops or going abroad so not economically to run one went to Swindon and I think the other one went to Perry bar I think 

There's a statement on the Newcastle thread, re; the stadium situation.