British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

E Winner league div 1 2020

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lindsey is an average Aussie. I don’t see him being anything other than a grating tart ala Fricke.

Lidsey is the correct spelling.He is bigger talent than Kurtz,don’t know how many matches you have seen with him this season but he is certainly not a gating tart, mixing it with the best IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I think we're all aware of the relative riding standards, but as a supporter of a tier 2 team (BL2/NL/PL/CL) for most of its existence I go for quality of racing rather than riding standards. 

Can a loanee be loaned on to a Division 2 club over there ? ;)

Agree regarding quality of racing but it is easy to see why GB will never reach the top in World Speedway.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lidsey is the correct spelling.He is bigger talent than Kurtz,don’t know how many matches you have seen with him this season but he is certainly not a gating tart, mixing it with the best IMO.

Seen a fair bit of him. A reserve in the U.K. and rightly so. Does a little better in Poland where you have to crank the throttle wide open. Have yet to see anything to change my  but to give the lad a chance I am willing to change my opinion. Had one good meeting when he came in to replace Kurtz, butas faded since. 
A mediocre Aussie rider, nothing to see here, move on.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He will be a Plane back home shortly.

Clearly under pressure.  Not a fan of his but he is clearly a lot better than today. And he finally got his act together as that ride showed.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clearly under pressure.  Not a fan of his but he is clearly a lot better than today. And he finally got his act together as that ride showed.

Gating tart,but finally made one.

Far from that but a rider who has confidence issues. As I said not a fan of his even though he rode for Poole for several seasons. Found he struggled with pressure and went awol when it really mattered. Ipswich away in the semis last season the prime example.

He's a good rider and will serve BV well next season and their fans will like him. But never a GP rider and his level is heat leader in the U.K. and second string Extraleague/heat leader league One Poland.

Also, who is Lindsay, stop being pathetic.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

One match tomorrow which is NOT ON TV this is because of covid restrictions in Latvia. There is a chance that the Daugavpils club might just be filming and showingit.

Daugavpils v Bydgoszcz start time 1pm UK time

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree regarding quality of racing but it is easy to see why GB will never reach the top in World Speedway.

Been there, avoided buying the T-Shirt. My first two trips to Wembley were in 1973 to see England/Great Britain win the Daily Mirror and World Team Cup titles that heralded our period of dominance until the Danes took over in the 80s. Having a superb racer as Peter Collins as World Champion was delightful and England's domination (as it was from 1974) eaerned a very useful amount of media attention. 

It also gave me England 88 Poland 19 (17 5-s and a 3-2 after Ray Wilson fell), which was an abject bore.Only the emergence of the USA saved test matches. 

To a supporter like me, as I was then before getting involved more seriously from 1985 this was all a bonus. What mattered to me were the fortunes of my team, Rayleigh/Rye House Rockets. 

We are unlikely to return to those levels of dominance, but then it's the same for Denmark and Sweden who dominated before us. The overwhelming economic might of Poland is hard to be near impossible to challenge  until the bubble bursts. We once had those crowds. They can be lost. 

So, having GB at the top in world speedway would only ever be a pleasant bonus. Getting my team back again is far more important. 

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

One match tomorrow which is NOT ON TV this is because of covid restrictions in Latvia. There is a chance that the Daugavpils club might just be filming and showingit.

Daugavpils v Bydgoszcz start time 1pm UK time

A Finnish channel's been covering meetings at Daugavpils such as the Latvian championship and Baltic Speedway League (in which Francis Gusts impressed). You never know if they could do a deal with nSport. Unlikely but you never know. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGiXv9EkutA87cKsN1RP_Rg

Edited by RobMcCaffery

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

A Finnish channel's been covering meetings at Daugavpils such as the Latvian championship and Baltic Speedway League (in which Francis Gusts impressed). You never know if they could do a deal with nSport. Unlikely but you never know. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGiXv9EkutA87cKsN1RP_Rg

I very much doubt they'll be able to do it. They are a long way from Dougavpils Rob. 

4 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I very much doubt they'll be able to do it. They are a long way from Dougavpils Rob. 

But they have been filmingthere.