British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

E Winner league div 1 2020

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

But they have been filmingthere.

Yes, they are connected to the Varkaus club in Finland. 919km away!

Just now, stewmac said:

The Finns are long-distance travellers. In 1986 I was sent to Leningrad to cover the World Ice Racing Team Final. We stayed in the Hotel Pribaltiskaya which was full of Finns who'd travelled nearly 400 km from Helsinki for a night on the booze. 

My point about  OHO Live was that they had already made the massive journey to Latvia at least twice this year and if there was a slight chance of anyone televising meetings there in the absence of NSport it might be an idea just to take a look just in case. 

Yes it's unlikely but they have been there and this year. Just worth a quick look just in case. A lead's a lead. 

35 minutes ago, stewmac said:

They were filming at Daugapvils for the Baltic League Round One, involving riders from Finland, Estonia and Latvia.

They also filmed the day after the Latvian Championship.

As noted above, they are all connected to VRT (main rider Jesse Mustonen), who are the main driving forces behind the Baltic League.

It would be rather unlikely they would either be able to, or permitted to, film Polish Division One action at Daugapvils.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

I am in Ontario,Canada from south end of Province to north west end of it is over 2000 km, that distance is not much  my father lives 600 km from me and i go to him every 2 weeks in Summer.

Yes. St Petersburg to Vladivostok is over 9,600 km

7 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

They were filming at Daugapvils for the Baltic League Round One, involving riders from Finland, Estonia and Latvia.

They also filmed the day after the Latvian Championship.

As noted above, they are all connected to VRT (main rider Jesse Mustonen), who are the main driving forces behind the Baltic League.

It would be rather unlikely they would either be able to, or permitted to, film Polish Division One action at Daugapvils.

You are quite correct that it is unlikely that NSport would subcontract the rights, and I was not suggesting it was a likelihood, just mentioning that TV coverage was happening in Daugavpils. I've seen odder outcomes than NSport hiring an outside company to provide coverage in times such as this. OHO's  coverage would need to be 'beefed-up' considerably. 

So, I wasn't saying it was in any way likely or certain, just that there was a very outside possibility worth monitoring. The situation's not binary, i.e.  certainly possible or certainly impossible. Before the production of a certain film the term "Shades of Grey" would be appropriate. It's easier just to say definitely yes or no though......

I certainly was not saying it would happen, just be aware of an outside possibility, and certainly not this week. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

One match tomorrow which is NOT ON TV this is because of covid restrictions in Latvia. There is a chance that the Daugavpils club might just be filming and showingit.

Daugavpils v Bydgoszcz start time 1pm UK time

Live updates here https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/105225/lokomotiv-daugavpils-abramczyk-polonia-bydgoszcz

Teams confirmed in Daugavpils

Lokomotiv Daugavpils:
9. Pontus Aspgren
10. Kjastas Puodżuks
11. Jewgienij Kostygow
12. Linus Sundstroem
13. Andriej Kudriaszow
14. Francis Gusts
15. Oleg Michailov

16 Daniil Kolodinski

Abramczyk Polonia Bydgoszcz:
1. Kai Huckenbeck
2. David Bellego- R/R(ZZ)
3. Kamil Brzozowski
4. Dimitri Berge
5. Dawid Lampart
6. Tomasz Orwat
7. Nikodem Bartoch

8 Andreas Lyager

21 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The Finns are long-distance travellers. In 1986 I was sent to Leningrad to cover the World Ice Racing Team Final. We stayed in the Hotel Pribaltiskaya which was full of Finns who'd travelled nearly 400 km from Helsinki for a night on the booze.

400 km :o

Long distance travellers... :lol: :lol::lol:

• Haha 2

We move on to next weekend( Sat/Sun/Mon) fixtures.

Saturday August 15th Tarnow v lodz start time 3.30pm N Sport

Sunday  August 16th  Gniezno v Daugavpils start time 1pm  NOT ON TV

Sunday August 16th Gdansk v Ostrow start time 1pm N Sport

Monday August 17th Bydgoszcz v Torun programme start time 4.40pm 1st race  5pm N Sport

19 hours ago, f-s-p said:

400 km :o

Long distance travellers... :lol: :lol::lol:

It's a long way in Britain. Certainly not for me after several years travelling round Europe for ice racing n the 1980s. The furthest I only got though was Leningrad, as it was then. Travel 250 miles for a drink in Britain and you'd be considered crazy. 

Anyway, this was a case of an off the cuff remark that has grown ridiculously, and when I see the likes of iris123  posting emoticons in response I know  it's about to get nasty as usual.

What is a long journey differs from country to country. An away trip to Vladivostok in the Russian League might be considered  a short hop for some. 

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's a long way in Britain. Certainly not for me after several years travelling round Europe for ice racing n the 1980s. The furthest I only got though was Leningrad, as it was then. Travel 250 miles for a drink in Britain and you'd be considered crazy. 

Anyway, this was a case of an off the cuff remark that has grown ridiculously, and when I see the likes of iris123  posting emoticons in response I know  it's about to get nasty as usual.

What is a long journey differs from country to country. An away trip to Vladivostok in the Russian League might be considered  a short hop for some. 

It did stand out so bad I had to react :lol:

Looking at the map we do have to travel to see or participate in international meetings in any sport. Ice racing in Berlin probably has almost a 100 Finns every year. Last time I was in Warsaw SGP there was 25 of us just in the Holiday Inn next to the shopping mall. F1 Hungaroring is a tradition to many., ice hockey worlds, recently volley ball and now basketball... And Zlata Prilba Weekend for me any time for a boozer abroad...

We had a Russian rider in SM-liiga for Ankkurit who travelled from Balakovo. That was a bit mad if you had asked me...

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

It did stand out so bad I had to react :lol:

Looking at the map we do have to travel to see or participate in international meetings in any sport. Ice racing in Berlin probably has almost a 100 Finns every year. Last time I was in Warsaw SGP there was 25 of us just in the Holiday Inn next to the shopping mall. F1 Hungaroring is a tradition to many., ice hockey worlds, recently volley ball and now basketball... And Zlata Prilba Weekend for me any time for a boozer abroad...

We had a Russian rider in SM-liiga for Ankkurit who travelled from Balakovo. That was a bit mad if you had asked me...

I'm sorry it stood out so badly.

I meant no disrespect. I had much contact with riders and supporters from your country during my time travelling and I always enjoyed their company and spirit, not just in the bars of Leningrad. 

One fond, crazy memory is of interviewing Jarmo Hirvasoja with another Finnish rider acting as interpreter. Anyway, I asked the first question, but heard no Finnish. Instead the interpreter answered in English for him. This carried on for a while with a very bemused ice champion watching the flow like someone observing a tennis match. 

There was another memory. I was working at a Dutch ice racing meeting, surrounded by Finns. The meeting sponsor was handing out free samples of their product, a cherry cola. The fans took a close look. It was clear it didn't meet with approval. The next moment a brown, ribbed bottle of booze was being passed around. I asked what it was. I was told not to ask....

There are many Britons to whom a 200 km trip is extreme long-distance travel, especially if it's heading north from from London. Thankfully I'm not one of them.

Now, is anyone capable of defeating Torun? That's excluding themselves of course.....

The E Winner league div 1 have announced the round 9 matches( Fri and Sat Wroclaw GP`s)
Friday August 28th Gdansk v Torun start time 3pm UK time N sport
Saturday August 29th Gniezno v Lodz start time 3.30pm UK time N Sport
Sunday August 30th Tarnow v Ostrow start time 1pm UK time N Sport
Sunday August 30th Bydgoszcz v Daugavpils start time 1pm UK time NOT ON TV